Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

should I stay or should I go?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-12-2019, 02:03 PM
PokindAround is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by stealthn
Get an Urus, I got to tour in one for 2 hours and I have to say the nicest interior I have ever seen and the the performance of a PTT S

Amazing vehicle, with a price to match.
I sat in one too, short drive. Amazing. Depreciation will be interesting to watch.

Old 02-13-2019, 08:29 AM
ciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant future
Depreciation will be a steep slope down at first. Levels off after few years. Still, when the slope starts at about $280,000, it is still a long way down to affordability for many, plus maintenance is not like on a Porsche. Shop is a near requirement for many things.

Old 02-17-2019, 10:45 PM
E92M3970G1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Not sure I could walk away from that 2015 GTC in white with red interior. Nice weekend toy!

Old 02-26-2019, 07:04 PM
Rick504 is an unknown quantity at this point

Old 02-26-2019, 07:07 PM
Rick504 is an unknown quantity at this point
I currently have both. The Panamera Turbo is hands down the better car in every category but the sound.

Old 02-26-2019, 07:16 PM
ciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant future
I would agree, I would give a lot to put that exhaust note from Maserati, onto my Panamera turbo. Hmmmm...
Anything else I would not give up from the PTT.

Originally Posted by Rick504
I currently have both. The Panamera Turbo is hands down the better car in every category but the sound.

Old 03-06-2019, 08:47 PM
Originally Posted by Rick504
Wow! Nice stable. Legit endorsement.

Old 03-06-2019, 11:07 PM
dougcayenne has a spectacular aura aboutdougcayenne has a spectacular aura aboutdougcayenne has a spectacular aura about
I currently own 3 porsche, I love Porsche product. My younger brother leased the 2016 Maserati G-S 4wd after lease-end in dec/2018, he got a 911c4s. he told me the Maserati is Italian half-baked pizza, LOL ... he got maserati because of the super Great lease deal at the time. Without that deal, he would not get Maserati ... I always wonder about the deep depreciation of Maserati. The sound of the exhaust is GREAT ... If Lease is Great you have a good deal. Nothing to worry ...

Old 03-07-2019, 11:15 AM
XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ciaka
I would agree, I would give a lot to put that exhaust note from Maserati, onto my Panamera turbo. Hmmmm...
Anything else I would not give up from the PTT.
You can obtain a fantastic sound. I did by way of cat-delete and Akrapovic exhaust. It sounds glorious!

Old 03-07-2019, 05:22 PM
ez1973 will become famous soon enoughez1973 will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by XLR82XS
You can obtain a fantastic sound. I did by way of cat-delete and Akrapovic exhaust. It sounds glorious!
Did you notice a lot of fumes going catless?
I did a full cat delete on my 2004 Cayenne Turbo and the fumes can be a little obnoxious at times...

Old 03-09-2019, 06:23 PM
skiracer13 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by XLR82XS
Any sound clips to share by chance?

Old 03-19-2019, 10:28 AM
XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ez1973
Did you notice a lot of fumes going catless?
I did a full cat delete on my 2004 Cayenne Turbo and the fumes can be a little obnoxious at times...
Not a whole lot. Occasionally there is a slight smell at cold start - goes away once warm.

Old 03-19-2019, 10:31 AM
Originally Posted by skiracer13
Any sound clips to share by chance?
Once I can have someone take some video I can certainly post a clip. WOT & off-throttle is really something that has to be experienced and hopefully if I locate a GoPro, a video can happen. The car is in a show this weekend so that may be the time to get some clips.

Old 06-19-2020, 08:06 AM
I wanted to share my Alfa Romeo Guila Quadrifoglio experience with this thread. So I did leave my 2010 970 4S for the Alfa. I am no longer in the Alfa after just over a year. So the test drive was mesmerizing leading to the ultimate purchase. Turn to Race mode smash the accelerator and listen and feel the savagery. Great fun. It eats tires but I've never been happier buying replacements. So that was one issue, in slight rain or full rain you better be ready to catch this car twitch. This was my daily driver and I live in Houston so it rains often. Then you notice the driver door doesn't really seal. You hear a lot of road noise. One response in this thread mentioned less build quality than Porsche and yes that is very true. This next one may not be the vehicle's fault but my Samsung phone would not stay connected to the multimedia. The map would cut out every 10 seconds. Same with music from the connected phone. Chalk this one into the growing list of nuisance items and the driving experience begins to degrade. Next Alfa has somehow found a way to laser focus the seatbelt chime sound directly into your left year. You may not notice on a test drive but after a few months of ownership it gets really old. I know I can get in and buckle up first but I'm an old man set in my ways of hopping and firing up then getting situated for go. I've not encountered another vehicle this annoying with the seatbelt chime. Next thing I didn't consider is service. So this Quadrifoglio is very different monster than other Guilas. So when you need to book service be prepared for the $30k Guila's to have hogged up all the loaners and you wait a month or two for the next appointment. Never had this experience with my M3 or Panamera at the dealership. Why need service on a brand new car? Its an Alfa right. It is difficult to not want to enjoy that engine. It is a great engine when its fully functional. Nothing is worse than when you car strands you. I only got close to being stranded but that was enough for me. The first time I was in Dynamic mode giving it moderate power when all the CEL came on and the power dropped away. Car still running. Fortunately I was only one stop light from home. As I waited for green the cabin filled with gasoline vapor, lots of it. Smoke poured from the tail pipes, I am sure I was quite the spectacle. As I was in the car, I wasn't aware of the smoke just yet. I really believed I was in a traffic line next to a diesel truck that had to be the source of the smell. Nope it was my car. Light goes green I get home and my asks what is on Fire? Nice right. Flatbed and warranty repair, no loaner. Got the car back during WFH so not a lot of drive time. Decided to drive from my home in NE Houston to Sugarland for grins and the lack of traffic. You can imagine clear day, no beltway traffic, and 505 HP. Grin on my face as I get to Sugarland and more CEL. Now I am a long way from home on a Sunday morning. At least no gasoline vapors or smoke this time. I get to a stop and shut down the car. I am hoping a CTRL ALT DEL event for when I am ready to drive home. Nope. The car is drive able at reduced power and not stinky or smokey. That was it for me. It was mostly enjoyable. I did like the design and really liked the engine. The other things that go in the nuisance bin are the fob has buttons arranged that allow for the "Panic" button to be pressed by just moving like a normal human. This means getting out of your car or walking to it and the car alarm is blaring. Also with the key fob, the convenience approach feature only pertains to the front doors. This means either adapting your entry/exit routine to push the unlock button inside the door to access the back door, where I keep my work bag, or the fuel door. Small issue but not something my Panamera every bothered me with. Finally, I am not trying to dissuade anyone from a Quadrifoglio but I would buy it pre owned and certfied, if I had it to do over instead of new.

Old 06-19-2020, 08:54 AM
Close your eyes, slowly. Now picture that new car you are getting. Sleek curves, led lights, tons of HP. Seats that hug you and support. You get into the car, feel the gentle click of the door. Everything feels just right. You stroke the wheel leather. Everything us where it needs to be. You reach out with your hand, start the car, but dont hear that much yet. The sound in insulated cabin doing its job. Then you get on the gas. Yeah, the hidden horses coming to life.
you look at the wheel, and see the logo. The leafs, red and black stripes, the prancing horse. Then you let out a thought - Porsche. Built for life.
Now you know where you are. Home.

Last edited by ciaka; 06-19-2020 at 06:52 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: should I stay or should I go?