Panamera The 4-dour coupe by Porsche
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Considering ceramic coating and paint correction

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-26-2019, 07:14 PM
ciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant future
Considering ceramic coating and paint correction

My PTT is the deep black black color, probably most difficult to keep clean. So I started looking around to see how much it would cost me for a full paint correction, followed by a ceramic coat (with lifetime warranty). Got quoted $1350 total for all services.
Anyone on here get ceramic coating and how do you like it, how do you compare caring for your car before and after ceramic coating. Thanks for help.

Old 02-26-2019, 10:14 PM
LGARCIA will become famous soon enough
Mine is black too, after seeing the results Flo1989 had with his car (doing it himself both paint correction and ceramic coating) I wanted it done.
I went ahead and got it done with Gtechniq on the entire car and wheels. I paid a little more than what you were quoted.

Water beads off, rain rolls off with the wind. Black is hard to keep clean but washing the car is fairly easy.
I spray the wheels with Iron X and the pressure washer does the rest.
As for the car I hit it with the pressure washer, then the foam gun (attachment to the pressure washer) let it sit for 5 min or so, then hit it with the pressure washer again.
In most cases I am done, I dry it using a blower to avoid scratching the ceramic coating.

When it is really dirty (say after a 400 mile trip to Orlando) I spray the front with CarPro bug remover and If I do have to scrub with the microfiber mitt I then use the two bucket system.
Then finish with the pressure washer and the blower.
**My pressure washer is an electric Ryobi 2000 PSI....so it does not have to be extreme pressure to keep it clean.
***Btw, I did a full clear bra on the bumper, hood and front fenders and then ceramic coated the clear bra...

This is how it looks after I wash it

This pic is after 8 months of having the ceramic coating and washing it once a week!

Old 02-26-2019, 10:39 PM
DogWood will become famous soon enoughDogWood will become famous soon enough
I've been using hydro silex recharge on mine, it really makes keeping it clean easier, so much so that I plan on doing a "proper" ceramic coat this spring.

Unless the car is incredibly filthy I use a "waterless" car wash

Old 02-27-2019, 12:31 AM
Macporsche is on a distinguished road
we had our cayenne color corrected and Ceramic Pro.............. since it parks out side, the product has been worth it.........

Old 02-27-2019, 06:57 PM
Thank you! Yes I had the glass done too. Black is really nice when clean

Old 02-27-2019, 07:17 PM
ciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant future
Really nice pics. Nothing like a black car that looks wet in the sun.
Wife wants swimming pool and wasnt thrilled to hear this, but im sure she will come around so we'll see.
likely in a month or two. How does the glass work. They did not mention glass to me. Its ceramic pro 9h with lifetime warranty.

Old 02-27-2019, 08:02 PM
I’m not sure how it works with other brands, but Gtechniq has a product for the paint, the glass, the wheels, and the tires.
Gotta love that wet look, the upkeep is easy if you keep up with it, I wash my car once a week.
Here’s the link... https://usa.gtechniq.com/

Old 02-27-2019, 11:54 PM
dougcayenne has a spectacular aura aboutdougcayenne has a spectacular aura aboutdougcayenne has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by ciaka
My PTT is the deep black black color, probably most difficult to keep clean. So I started looking around to see how much it would cost me for a full paint correction, followed by a ceramic coat (with lifetime warranty). Got quoted $1350 total for all services.
That's a good deal. I have been checking around here in the bay area they want much more $2k+. So I am thinking to have wrap in the front or clear bra.

Old 02-28-2019, 10:32 PM
NormalFellow will become famous soon enough
Ciaka!!! I have done a ton of POrsche black paint correction and ceramic coating... dude, if you want the DIY route, I'll be HAPPily write down the exact product combination that makes it a painless breeze... Let me know, haha

Old 02-28-2019, 11:00 PM
dougcayenne has a spectacular aura aboutdougcayenne has a spectacular aura aboutdougcayenne has a spectacular aura about
I like the DIY route. I have so much time at the weekend and enjoy to wax the car. I have black and Basalt black. I was thinking

Wolfgang Concours Series WG-5500 Deep Gloss Paint Sealant 3.0. LOL ...

We all appreciate you for great write up to the community.

Old 03-01-2019, 08:09 AM
XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !
I had the PTT paint corrected and ceramic coated in 2017. In addition the glass and brake calipers were coated as well. Well worth it! No swirls in the paint from touching, washing, debris, etc.... Paint looks new and stays that way. Waxing is now a thing of the past. Highly recommended.

Old 03-01-2019, 09:18 PM
Sure that would be great. Doing it yourself correctly gives you an extra level of satisfaction.

Originally Posted by Alex Keleman
Ciaka!!! I have done a ton of POrsche black paint correction and ceramic coating... dude, if you want the DIY route, I'll be HAPPily write down the exact product combination that makes it a painless breeze... Let me know, haha

Old 03-02-2019, 07:28 AM
GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by XLR82XS
I had the PTT paint corrected and ceramic coated in 2017. In addition the glass and brake calipers were coated as well. Well worth it! No swirls in the paint from touching, washing, debris, etc.... Paint looks new and stays that way. Waxing is now a thing of the past. Highly recommended.
That’s interesting. Ceramic coating keeps you from getting swirls or hand washing and taking care of your own car actually keeps you from getting swirls?

Old 03-02-2019, 10:01 AM
Paul Rathjen has a reputation beyond reputePaul Rathjen has a reputation beyond reputePaul Rathjen has a reputation beyond reputePaul Rathjen has a reputation beyond reputePaul Rathjen has a reputation beyond reputePaul Rathjen has a reputation beyond reputePaul Rathjen has a reputation beyond reputePaul Rathjen has a reputation beyond reputePaul Rathjen has a reputation beyond reputePaul Rathjen has a reputation beyond reputePaul Rathjen has a reputation beyond repute
Ceramic will wear with swirls with improper washing, but at least you get a bit of protection before you're into the paint. Improper washing will still scratch it, and wear off the coating. Maybe some projects are less scratch prone than the factory clear coat, but in my experience they are about the same to a little bit better. The paint and clear on my PTTS was really good when I purchased it, and seems to really hold up well without a lot of swirls when you get a little lazy with detailing.

To maintain my ceramic, I polish it up once in a while and use a specific matching ceramic detailing maintenance spray. It seems to work fine.

Old 03-02-2019, 10:26 AM
XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by GT3Fan24

That’s interesting. Ceramic coating keeps you from getting swirls or hand washing and taking care of your own car actually keeps you from getting swirls?
I was advised to NOT use any spray wax or instant detailer type products. I have yet to have any swirls with Ceramic Pro after ~2 years. Granted it may be due to zero winter weather exposure since I live in south FL.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Considering ceramic coating and paint correction