Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

After Market exhaust systems for 970 PPT 2010-13

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-04-2019, 06:47 AM
mwvh is on a distinguished road
After Market exhaust systems for 970 PPT 2010-13

The first generation of Panamera Turbo is a fantastic car but lacks a little character in the exhaust / sound department. I did NOT have the sports exhaust (PSE) on my 2011 but have driven one with and could hardly notice the difference when it was switched on, so I decided to opt for Tubi-style mufflers instead of the PSE kit. They worked out ok, but the character did not change all that much and I think this system is probably really designed for vehicles with the PSE system. With my stock center muffler, there is a lot of drone in the car at low revs, if the valves are left open which I experimented with. On a stock vehicle, the valves are only open upon engine startup then they remain closed, so this should not be an issue for most.However, a couple of weeks ago, one of the valve controllers on the Tubi broke and is now permanently open. Tubi tells me that this is a first for them, but they do not sell parts for this and I must buy a whole new system (they however offered me a used one at a slight discount). However, I’m reluctant to go for the same product again and I’m now considering installing the PSE kit as it seems like a good deal overall and I know that I shouldn't have reliability problems.Have any of you had good long-term experiences with after-market cat-back exhausts (I do not want to touch the cats)? I like the Akrapovic product (seems like it’s very high quality), but it’s very expensive (7-8K) and I’m wondering if it’s worth the money.

Old 03-04-2019, 08:19 AM
RDR142 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by mwvh
The first generation of Panamera Turbo is a fantastic car but lacks a little character in the exhaust / sound department. I did NOT have the sports exhaust (PSE) on my 2011 but have driven one with and could hardly notice the difference when it was switched on, so I decided to opt for Tubi-style mufflers instead of the PSE kit. They worked out ok, but the character did not change all that much and I think this system is probably really designed for vehicles with the PSE system. With my stock center muffler, there is a lot of drone in the car at low revs, if the valves are left open which I experimented with. On a stock vehicle, the valves are only open upon engine startup then they remain closed, so this should not be an issue for most.However, a couple of weeks ago, one of the valve controllers on the Tubi broke and is now permanently open. Tubi tells me that this is a first for them, but they do not sell parts for this and I must buy a whole new system (they however offered me a used one at a slight discount). However, I’m reluctant to go for the same product again and I’m now considering installing the PSE kit as it seems like a good deal overall and I know that I shouldn't have reliability problems.Have any of you had good long-term experiences with after-market cat-back exhausts (I do not want to touch the cats)? I like the Akrapovic product (seems like it’s very high quality), but it’s very expensive (7-8K) and I’m wondering if it’s worth the money.
mwvh, sound and driving characteristics is why i chose GTS instead of turbo. if you look at last page of FLO's thread (right below yours) there are clips of mine with fabspeed xpipe and he installed flowmaster x pipe this weekend with almost identical results for a fraction of the cost.both have the PSE but now are very aggressive. not sure if that's what you are looking for but it may give you some direction.

Also, i have Akrapovic full titanium exhaust system on my X5M and imo nothing compares to their quality

Old 03-04-2019, 08:50 AM
XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !
I have had YEARS of experience with exhaust systems and can comment on Akrapovic as I do own a PTT with it. (Evolution - newest design) I absolutely LOVE it and the lack of weight is superb. It sounds incredible and even more aggressive with the flaps open.
If you are looking for a change I do have a TechArt Sport cat-back for sale ready to go boxed up. It is a great system that is not too loud at all especially with stock cats/downpipes.

Old 03-04-2019, 11:39 AM
Site Sponsor
WheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by mwvh
I like the Akrapovic product (seems like it’s very high quality), but it’s very expensive (7-8K) and I’m wondering if it’s worth the money.
It is worth every single penny. The blend of performance, sound, & quality that you get from this system in unrivaled. Just watch this video from beginning to end and you'll better understand why people purchase Akrapovic. When you're ready I will be here to help take care of you with information and deals on pricing.

- David Nussbaum -
786 249 0127 (ext.2109)
Web: www.wheelsboutique.com
Email: David@wheelsboutique.com
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/WheelsBoutique

Largest HRE Dealer In The World / Largest ANRKY Dealer / BBS Premium Dealer / TechArt Premium Dealer / Vorsteiner / Rotiform / Akrapovic / iPE / Novitec / Brabus / AC Schnitzer / Mansory / Brembo / RENNTech / Weistec / Tubi / Hamman / KW / H&R and tons more.
Old 03-05-2019, 06:22 AM
RDS993 is a name known to allRDS993 is a name known to allRDS993 is a name known to allRDS993 is a name known to allRDS993 is a name known to allRDS993 is a name known to all
FVD pipes

https://www.fvd.net/us-en/FVD97010020/panamera-turbo-level-2-power-kit-610hp-590lbf-ft.html

Last edited by GT3 Chuck; 03-07-2019 at 02:10 PM.
Old 03-05-2019, 07:10 AM
LouDA is on a distinguished road
Does the 970.2 exhaust fit 970.1? If so, here:

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/panamera/428237-blowout-akrapovic-panamera-turbo-evolution-system-2014-2015-panamera-turboblowout.html]Akrapovic Blowout

Last edited by GT3 Chuck; 03-07-2019 at 02:10 PM.
Old 03-05-2019, 09:13 AM
XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by LouDA
Does the 970.2 exhaust fit 970.1? If so, here:
It does but the tips will stick out farther if a 970.1 system is used on a 970.2.

Last edited by GT3 Chuck; 03-07-2019 at 02:11 PM.
Old 03-05-2019, 12:39 PM
LouDA is on a distinguished road
So a 970.2 system would fit on OP's one but the tips will sit further in?

Old 03-05-2019, 11:33 PM
Yves Is a GOD !Yves Is a GOD !Yves Is a GOD !Yves Is a GOD !Yves Is a GOD !Yves Is a GOD !Yves Is a GOD !Yves Is a GOD !Yves Is a GOD !Yves Is a GOD !Yves Is a GOD !
I have a 2012 Turbo S with sports exhaust. Similarly, I am not impressed by the sound. However, I could not bring myself to buying a normal aspirated car because of that. When give a choice between HP and sound..I will go for the HP.

After talking to FVD I am leaning toward replacing the downpipes and H pipe, since that should create a freer flowing unit after removal of the stock cats and resonator. I do not mind leaving my stock mufflers in place. Anybody got this set-up ?

Old 03-07-2019, 06:57 AM
Originally Posted by Yves
After talking to FVD I am leaning toward replacing the downpipes and H pipe, since that should create a freer flowing unit after removal of the stock cats and resonator. I do not mind leaving my stock mufflers in place. Anybody got this set-up ?
I do not have that setup but have heard it - it sounds great. In addition to turbo spool and power, cat removal really wakes these cars up sound wise.

Old 03-07-2019, 07:07 AM
RDS993 is a name known to allRDS993 is a name known to allRDS993 is a name known to allRDS993 is a name known to allRDS993 is a name known to allRDS993 is a name known to all
FVD mid pipes with resonator delete & oem mufflers

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxZaXENJw0o0Z19NMk1aaDZUM00/view?usp=sharing_eil&ts=5c81252a

THis is my system with oem mufflers & FVD muffler tips installed. Sound vid above.

Last edited by GT3 Chuck; 03-07-2019 at 02:12 PM.
Old 03-07-2019, 12:08 PM
turbo_mikePTT will become famous soon enough
I have the PSE with FVD catless pipes.. thinking of removing the center resonator before just going all out straight pipe.

Old 03-08-2019, 07:42 AM
Originally Posted by turbo_mikePTT
I have the PSE with FVD catless pipes.. thinking of removing the center resonator before just going all out straight pipe.
Tread carefully. There will be increased levels of drone in the cabin.

Old 03-08-2019, 09:34 AM
DogWood will become famous soon enoughDogWood will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by XLR82XS
Tread carefully. There will be increased levels of drone in the cabin.
that's my biggest concern, as much as I love a nice sound, this is my long haul car and I really don't want to increase the cabin noise unnecessarily .
I suspect I'll be sticking with my PSE for the time being

Old 03-08-2019, 03:57 PM
ez1973 will become famous soon enoughez1973 will become famous soon enough
To anyone with the PSE thinking it doesn’t sound great or isn’t much different than stock - do yourself a favor and let someone else drive the car away while you stand behind it!

I too was somewhat underwhelmed by the sound when hitting the sport exhaust button until I tried this little “experiment”. I was truly amazed at how great it sounded outside the car when my friend pulled away! It really does sound awesome!

that being said I’m still contemplating options to free up a little more back pressure - lol.

Last edited by ez1973; 03-15-2019 at 12:52 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: After Market exhaust systems for 970 PPT 2010-13