Panamera The 4-dour coupe by Porsche
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

13 Black Panamera GTS Journal

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-13-2019, 11:18 AM
Roofmuny is an unknown quantity at this point
How’s the driving with the windshield tint and what’s it look like from inside and out

Old 03-14-2019, 06:29 AM
RDR142 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Roofmuny
How’s the driving with the windshield tint and what’s it look like from inside and out
Driving/vision doesn't feel impaired at all. i feel like i could have gone darker, even at night i hardly notice it. the side and rear windows are dark and wouldn't want to go any darker on them. with rear shades up it is like a cave in the back. i'll upload a few pics from inside and outside that will hopefully give you an idea. i have it on other cars and helps cut down heat in summer and UV rays
a lot of pics but you will see from outside, the appearance changes in every lighting condition

taken at almost 7 pm. just before sunset

three way comparison. no tint, 5% side window, 55% windshield

also around dusk no direct light, door window/windshield

direct light minus the 'creepy tree' shadow

same angle dusk

wife sitting in car / overcast

wife in car

Last edited by RDR142; 03-14-2019 at 06:32 AM.
Old 03-14-2019, 11:27 AM
LGARCIA will become famous soon enough
That 55% on the front windshield looks great!

Old 03-14-2019, 06:25 PM
dougcayenne has a spectacular aura aboutdougcayenne has a spectacular aura aboutdougcayenne has a spectacular aura about
I can't see anyone inside the car. That may be a problem in my state CA. I currently have 25% on the windows, 75% in the rear. I would do 10% on the windshield. Good to know there is no vision problem in the windshield when you are inside look out.

Old 03-15-2019, 06:16 AM
Originally Posted by LGARCIA
That 55% on the front windshield looks great!
Thanks LGARCIA. i've been very happy with it. it doesn't appear much more than the factory tinting on windshield from inside but definitely give more reflection and mystery from outside especially in lower light situations

Old 03-15-2019, 06:32 AM
Originally Posted by dougcayenne
I can't see anyone inside the car. That may be a problem in my state CA. I currently have 25% on the windows, 75% in the rear. I would do 10% on the windshield. Good to know there is no vision problem in the windshield when you are inside look out.
that's the way she likes it. doesn't want to be seen. she acts like the paparazzi is after her or something

it's not technically legal here

either but i generally behave myself and PD hasn't ever hassled me about it, knock on wood. i've got 80% on my other vehicles and it does seem to cut down on heat passing through windshield into the cabin

Old 03-15-2019, 07:31 PM
panamera_lou is an unknown quantity at this point
Windshield tint is great i have 35% on mine thinking of going darker soon probably 20% honestly the only time its bad is when its pouring rain at night .

Old 03-15-2019, 09:50 PM
dougcayenne has a spectacular aura aboutdougcayenne has a spectacular aura aboutdougcayenne has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by panamera_lou
Windshield tint is great i have 35% on mine thinking of going darker soon probably 20% honestly the only time its bad is when its pouring rain at night .
Panamer_lou do you think front windshield 5% is too light? I park my car outside the driveway, house in the bay area is 1 1/2 parking. All of our porsches are parking on the driveway. Summer can be 100 here for few days. We park in the garage at work. Is your car Matte black? Nice ...

Old 03-15-2019, 10:22 PM
panamera_lou is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by dougcayenne
Panamer_lou do you think front windshield 5% is too light? I park my car outside the driveway, house in the bay area is 1 1/2 parking. All of our porsches are parking on the driveway. Summer can be 100 here for few days. We park in the garage at work. Is your car Matte black? Nice ...
5% is actually way tooo dark the lower the number % the darker the tint . I have 35% now i plan on taking it off and going 20% not too sure yet and yes its a matte black wrap

Old 03-15-2019, 10:33 PM
Thank you panamera_lou. I just looked it up. I think 50% in front windshield or higher less than 80%. You are right 5% i will not be able to see ... LOL ... I am thinking matte black wrapper in the front bumper. My car is 2016 black metallic. I like low maintenance outside LOL ...

Old 03-18-2019, 11:35 AM
XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !
5% is actually way tooo dark the lower the number % the darker the tint . I have 35% now i plan on taking it off and going 20% not too sure yet and yes its a matte black wrap
There are windshield specific films.

Old 03-18-2019, 07:56 PM
ciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant future
I dont think there is a state in USA that allows windshield darkening. When being pulled over, opening up the sun roof is a MUST. Trust me, dont ask how I know. If you open the sun roof (hope it does not rain that rainy day), you wont be able to tell windshield is darkened.

Originally Posted by XLR82XS
There are windshield specific films.

Old 03-18-2019, 07:57 PM
ciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant future
I like the matte black finish, very crisp. Is it whole car wrap? Will it be easy to remove when you need to?

... and yes its a matte black wrap

Old 03-26-2019, 08:16 AM
Originally Posted by ciaka
I like the matte black finish, very crisp. Is it whole car wrap? Will it be easy to remove when you need to?
CIAKA, two ways you can go about it and both will add another level of protection. if you aren't wanting to do a color change, you can use Stealth PPF which is the same as PPF it just has a matte or frost finish instead of clear. your original color will show through but just have a flat finish. if you are wanting to do a color change you will have to use a matte vinyl in the color of your choice. the PPF is a thinner material than vinyl but some have self healing properties for minor blemishes or scuffs. both can be peeled off and back to original when you're ready

Old 03-26-2019, 10:25 PM
I am looking into car wrap on my panamera with https://www.stek-usa.com/dynoblack1 , https://www.stek-usa.com/dynomatt . once for all, no need to have paint correction and ceramic. like cover pebble rocks on my yard or pavers for low maintenance and look nice. LOL ...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: 13 Black Panamera GTS Journal