Panamera The 4-dour coupe by Porsche
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Driver Side Mirror Won’t Adjust so I Can See.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-12-2019, 08:49 AM
jzchen will become famous soon enough
Driver Side Mirror Won’t Adjust so I Can See.

Hi everyone!

Thanks again for the great tips I’ve gained so far! (I’m new).

So I picked up our Panamera yesterday. I had already complained about the mirror and was told he’d take care of it. I tried just before I took the car home and couldn’t adjust to my liking. I looked up how to get the mirror off, and it’s not much different than others. The motor seems weak, as there is more resistance to pushing the glass on the passenger side than driver side, but it does move, just not far enough.

The problem appears to be the whole mirror assembly doesn’t sit at the correct position when it rotates back from parked mode. The passenger side sits much better. I have pics I will attach if the site lets me.

Is this a DIY or should I bring it back?

Thanks!

Old 07-12-2019, 08:53 AM
skiracer13 is on a distinguished road
If I had just bought the car and could take it back to get it fixed, I would. It looks like someone may have bumped it hard and compromised the fastening mechanism.

Old 07-12-2019, 09:20 AM
dudecs is a jewel in the roughdudecs is a jewel in the roughdudecs is a jewel in the rough
See this thread on over rotated mirror?

Old 07-12-2019, 09:37 AM
NiceCar Is a GOD !NiceCar Is a GOD !NiceCar Is a GOD !NiceCar Is a GOD !NiceCar Is a GOD !NiceCar Is a GOD !NiceCar Is a GOD !NiceCar Is a GOD !NiceCar Is a GOD !NiceCar Is a GOD !NiceCar Is a GOD !
Had that happen a while ago to my left mirror. I couldn't adjust it to see behind me correctly. If you pull the whole mirror out, away from the car, and rotate it until it sets back in you might fix it. That has worked on both my mirrors.

Old 07-12-2019, 10:21 AM
Originally Posted by NiceCar
Had that happen a while ago to my left mirror. I couldn't adjust it to see behind me correctly. If you pull the whole mirror out, away from the car, and rotate it until it sets back in you might fix it. That has worked on both my mirrors.
Thank you for clarifying on the technique! I was able to pull it up and out of the position, rotate it to a nice spot, but it no longer sits in it’s grooved/fixed spot. Not quite a full solution, but should work temporarily so I can see!

Old 07-12-2019, 10:28 AM
NiceCar Is a GOD !NiceCar Is a GOD !NiceCar Is a GOD !NiceCar Is a GOD !NiceCar Is a GOD !NiceCar Is a GOD !NiceCar Is a GOD !NiceCar Is a GOD !NiceCar Is a GOD !NiceCar Is a GOD !NiceCar Is a GOD !
Try folding in and out the mirrors and rotating it again some more until it seats properly.

Old 07-13-2019, 05:37 AM
Thanks again for the advice everyone!

Somehow my attempt to reply here is missing!

Basically, I went to the dealer's shop and pretty much got nowhere. The seller called to check how the visit went and had me bring it over for a look. He's gonna do some research for me online.

I can rotate it by lifting up, but it sits roughly 1-3 mm high from the base because it is not seated. I can see though, which helps as I'm just getting comfortable driving her....

May try to subscribe to the "techinfo" site. Hopefully I can pull the instructions on how to replace the mirror and go from there. $14/hr or $140/day, being the minimum subscriptions. Yikes, I better learn how to use the site quick!!!

Old 07-14-2019, 09:51 AM
Set up an account on the Porsche tech info site. It allows you to search the available documents before paying.

https://techinfo2.porsche.com/PAGInf...?Type=GVOStart

Paid $14 and accessed the system, VISA or MasterCard only. I like it. Minimum with Mercedes is a day at $60.

You can search for keywords like mirror, or oil change, and it will find the relevant documents. There document is a link (underlined), but fails to load when you click on it.

You have to go the menu on the left and select Information media -> WM Workshop Manual and NEXT, then a series of related document (links) that work pop up, including the relevant one you searched for.

Got a lot of stuff I need for service for the next few years.

Last edited by jzchen; 07-14-2019 at 02:57 PM.