Porsche Panamera - camshaft recall

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-06-2018, 05:43 PM
Jay PanaS is an unknown quantity at this point
Angry Porsche Panamera - camshaft recall

Hi all, I've read numerous forums in reference to the Porsche Panamera S (2010-2012) recall AH-08, camshaft controllers failing. Welp, it happened to my baby. Interesting part: check engine light came on then transmission fault popped up and the car would not go into gear. Turned it off (30 secs) started it back up and this time it would shift to drive or reverse but the car would not move. Oooookay, turned it off/on and the car would NOT go into gear, at all!! Had it towed to the dealership, went back to pick it up 3 days later and they told me the check engine light came back on and the car would still not go into gear - for $300 transmission diagnostic they could try to identify the issue. I explained after reading several forums of the same nightmare, that obviously that had not fixed the camshaft issue due to the check engine light coming on and most people received a new engine due to this. (Here's one of the articles I shared w/the dealership: (Certain cars with a bad camshaft position sensor will end up with a locked transmission that stays stuck in a single gear. The only way you’ll be able to get out of that gear is to shut off your engine and then turn it back on. But then, the shifting problem may come back again at any time after that.) My question to those who are reading and may have had the same issue - when your camshaft controllers failed did you experience transmission gear issues??? Please advise, because I had never had any tranny issues before (no slipping, knocking, etc) until the camshaft went out. Thanks in advance guys!!

Old 05-29-2019, 12:45 PM
SXN
SXN is a splendid one to beholdSXN is a splendid one to beholdSXN is a splendid one to beholdSXN is a splendid one to beholdSXN is a splendid one to beholdSXN is a splendid one to beholdSXN is a splendid one to behold
Happened to my cayenne. It’s been at Porsche Edmonton for over a month for the camshaft recall. They’re saying the high pressure fuel pump is bad now but can’t guarantee it will run afterwards.