Scheduled Events 6Speedonline.com is growing fast thanks to its growing international community. This forum has all the latest plans and schedules for 6speedonline events and Porsche gatherings.

Boston/MA folks 5/22-- car roundup, with some interesting "entertainment"

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-13-2004, 09:58 PM
Nabbs is on a distinguished road
Boston/MA folks 5/22-- car roundup, with some interesting "entertainment"

Hey All,

Saturday May 22nd, a bunch of us are going to meet up in Cambridge and then drive down to Bridgewater MA were there will be a little bit of grillin' and chillin. Should be some good food, good people, interesting cars, and some other lively non-kid and non-wife/gf entertainment. I know that a few of the Porsche folks are coming, as well as a host of some of my Z buddies, some Lotus people, and a host of other cars.

We're going to be meeting up in Cambridge in the 3rd (it's the large one) lot off of Soldiers between 8:30 and 9:30, after which we will promptly be cruising down to Bridgewater. The ride down alone should be quite interesting (bring your V1s).

The lot in Cambridge is located right across the street from this address --

1230 Soldiers Field Road
Boston, MA 02135

The address in Bridgewater is --

DRIVER'S SEAT
458 Bedford St.
Bridgewater, MA 02324
(508) 279-0700

Hope some of you can make it!

-N

Old 05-13-2004, 10:03 PM
TCM
TCM will become famous soon enough
Sounds good Nabbs. Hopefully, we can get some more people to become involved. Car, food, and girls equal a good time to me. Maybe some other Boston area P car guys can get involved for a nice caravan? Ray M, DEETZ, AeroTT, Boston Rocket, JAMY?

Old 05-14-2004, 12:12 AM
Mark M is on a distinguished road
I'll meet you all at Bridgewater. I'll get a Z06 to come also...weather permitting!

Old 05-14-2004, 12:40 AM
Originally posted by Mark M
I'll meet you all at Bridgewater. I'll get a Z06 to come also...weather permitting!
Mark -- cool! We already have quite a few Z06s coming (hopefully one LPE Z should be showing up).

You sure I can't convince you to meet us in Cambridge?

Spread the word!

-N

Old 05-14-2004, 09:08 AM
GO 6SPEED!
DEETZ is on a distinguished road
I am always busy or out of town when you guys are having a great meet

Old 05-14-2004, 12:06 PM
TCM
DEETZ:

This meet is next Saturday, so you should be back by then no?

Old 05-14-2004, 10:00 PM
Originally posted by DEETZ
I am always busy or out of town when you guys are having a great meet
Deetz - it's Sat. 5/22...will you be around? What happened to all the other 911 guys who were saying they wanted to do something in May, eh

-N

Old 05-15-2004, 06:13 AM
Mark M is on a distinguished road
I think ?Don from Cape Cod? mentioned he'd like a May get together as well. He's usually on the 996 boards.
As for myself, I'll be in Bridgewater that morning for a prior commitment. As soon as I'm done, I can meet at the Driver's Seat.
How many cars can fit in their parking lot?

Old 05-15-2004, 07:09 AM
Boobie Stars
jamy85 will become famous soon enough
Im up for it!!....

Old 05-15-2004, 07:17 PM
Originally posted by Mark M
I think ?Don from Cape Cod? mentioned he'd like a May get together as well. He's usually on the 996 boards.
As for myself, I'll be in Bridgewater that morning for a prior commitment. As soon as I'm done, I can meet at the Driver's Seat.
How many cars can fit in their parking lot?
Awesome!!

Mark -- the lot is actually quite large, and can fit upwards to 80-100 cars I would guess. The proprietors are having a street sweeper go through it Friday to collect and lose debris/dirt/etc.

There is no fee for this, but any donations will be accepted. Additionally, please feel free to bring hotdog, hamburger buns, coolers, soda, etc. I would also recommend sunblock and a chair

Now for the most important part, the girls: I am still finalizing the details, but as of right now it appears as if there will be 2-4 professional models available to pose with your car in swimwear. In addition, there should be a professional photographer to snap glossy pictures (you can always shoot your own pictures). There will be a small fee for having the girls pose, and I am hoping for no more then $40 (preferably less) per person. Just one caveat: I can't promise this will work 100%, but I am trying my damn hardest to make sure it does.

For those of you who want to meet up in Cambridge -- don't forget we'll be leaving the lot on Soldier's Field Road at 9:30.

If you have any questions feel free to email me at naveedjamali@hotmail.com

-N

Old 05-15-2004, 07:47 PM
TCM
Great to hear this meet is gaining momentum. I will see everyone there and plan to caravan down from Cambridge as well. I will see if I can get any more BMWs involved. Thanks for organizing this meet Naveed, we all appreciate it.

Old 05-16-2004, 01:49 AM
Boobie Stars
jamy85 will become famous soon enough
Im sure all of other porsches will come if they knew about this meet. Try posting the same thread in the cayenne forum or at rennlist.com they are a lot of people from boston over there!!!

PS: Do aero and ray know about this? I think they might be interested

Old 05-17-2004, 09:41 AM
GO 6SPEED!
DEETZ is on a distinguished road
I am sorry guys, I can't come because my parents will be here tomorrow for 2-3 weeks. I will be somewhere either in NY or White Mountain

Old 05-18-2004, 07:22 AM
Deetz -- sorry to hear you won't be able to make it :-(

Please feel free to pass this on to any other Porsche messageboards (I just don't want it ending up on a Honda Civic board ). As always the more the merrier.

The final word with the girls is that there will be no charge, and 2 of them should be there for 4 hours in the AM.

The more P-cars the merrier!

-N

Old 05-18-2004, 10:21 AM
DAVE W is a splendid one to beholdDAVE W is a splendid one to beholdDAVE W is a splendid one to beholdDAVE W is a splendid one to beholdDAVE W is a splendid one to beholdDAVE W is a splendid one to beholdDAVE W is a splendid one to behold
Originally posted by Nabbs
(I just don't want it ending up on a Honda Civic board ). As always the more the merrier.
-N
Funny you say that because Brain Cortright @ the Driver's Seat hosting the event has one of the nicest hondas around and wil be sure to have invited his local honda buddies....I know, because that's how I actually found out about the event in the 1st place. Now I just have to decide which car I want to drive...since the civic in my garage puts down more whp then my 996tt...

dave w

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Boston/MA folks 5/22-- car roundup, with some interesting "entertainment"