Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Location (State):

WTT: Trade my GTS exhaust tips for your "standard" PSE tips.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-01-2015, 01:55 AM
dixans has much to be proud ofdixans has much to be proud ofdixans has much to be proud ofdixans has much to be proud ofdixans has much to be proud ofdixans has much to be proud ofdixans has much to be proud ofdixans has much to be proud of
Thumbs up WTT: Trade my GTS exhaust tips for your "standard" PSE tips.

Category: Engine - Exhaust
Price: $1
Private or Vendor Listing: Private Listing
Part fits: Porsche 911 997 Non-Turbo
Location (State): CA
Item Condition: Used
Shipping Information: Item can be shipped

Hello,

I have a 997.2 Carrera GTS. It has the special PSE exhaust tips, with the polished inner tips, with the black "shrouds."

The standard 997.2 PSE tips have the reverse, in terms of colors, with black inner tips and silver shrouds.

I'd like to TRADE my polished inner tips with your black inner tips. We each keep our respective shrouds. What I'd end up with is black inner tips with black shrouds, and you would get polished inner tips with silver shrouds.

If you've never removed your PSE tips, it's super easy to do. Just one bolt per side. The shrouds are then removed by loosening one additional bolt, each. It takes maybe five minutes to take off both sides, and to remove the two shrouds.

I'm located in Orange County, CA. We can either meet up and I'll do the swap, if you're local. Or else you can ship your inner tips to me, and I'll do the swap and send you my polished inner tips.

Please let me know! I think both sets would end up looking pretty cool.

(The GTS PSE tips are shown here on the right; the standard PSE tips are shown on the left. Not my photo; borrowed from here. Thx.)

Here's a quick Pshop rendering to show what you would end up with. Looks pretty cool! :cheers:

Old 04-21-2015, 05:11 PM
dixans has much to be proud ofdixans has much to be proud ofdixans has much to be proud ofdixans has much to be proud ofdixans has much to be proud ofdixans has much to be proud ofdixans has much to be proud ofdixans has much to be proud of
Someone must want to do this trade. Fun little project, with improved looks for both parties.

Old 04-21-2015, 07:59 PM
Marpir821 Is a GOD !Marpir821 Is a GOD !Marpir821 Is a GOD !Marpir821 Is a GOD !Marpir821 Is a GOD !Marpir821 Is a GOD !Marpir821 Is a GOD !Marpir821 Is a GOD !Marpir821 Is a GOD !Marpir821 Is a GOD !Marpir821 Is a GOD !
Why dont you just have them powdercoated for $50?

Old 04-21-2015, 08:43 PM
Originally Posted by Marpir821
Why dont you just have them powdercoated for $50?

Don't want powder coat. Ceramic coating is great, but really only dark gray at best. BTDT. Want nice black. Like the OEM finish.

Unless someone can suggest a place that can ceramic coat true black.

Old 05-12-2015, 01:54 AM
^^^^