Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

New To Me Car, Loving It!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-11-2017, 10:14 AM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
New To Me Car, Loving It!

Since you guys asked for pics, here they are. Key for key trade and sooo happy now. Basically she's a 2014 BMW 435i with all sorts of M options (brakes, rims, steering wheel, suspension, etc). CPO so have 17 months of full coverage including maintenance, plus another 2 years /100,000 miles total warranty. Tested the M4, just didn't sing to me as much and the steering 'feel' is not... on the M4. Din't want full-on track car, so something of a compromise, though let's be honest as ANY street legal car is a compromise for track use.

We're at M Limited Slip Diff added plus Dinan Stage 2 as we wait for the back-ordered 30% larger Dinan turbo to arrive in a few weeks. That'll be installed with a 240% larger intercooler and ER CP so that'll be Dinan Stage 4 and still fully covered under a warranty and around 420TQ and 450HP (so better P2W ratio than the Bentley) and ready for road course track fun. She's a real hoot to drive, as you expect from a BMW. She's made in Munich, which i'll be at in a month-ish.

Also modded the stereo to Focal separates and an 8" powered sub for sound balance (read: not a bass 'boom car'). Have a bunch of 24-bit Hi-Res Audio FLAC, and CD res, music files on a 1 TB Samsung SSD and they work great!

BTW: Nearly perfect 50/50 weight split and very low CG. Get around 30 mpg in normal driving, but who cares about petrol costs, yet the B got 18 on a good day for those curious.

Last edited by stevenrmusic; 04-11-2017 at 10:39 AM.
Old 04-11-2017, 11:13 AM
jim2331 is infamous around these parts
....Congratulations Steve on your new BMW...I am sure it's just the correct car for you now...As Mr Ford said 100 years ago, you can have any color you want..."as long as it is black"...what's up with the "copyright" thing on the picture...and with your full name...not at all like you...JimB As a former BMW owner, BMW San Francisco has invited us later this week to preview launch party for new 5 Series...their Con Artist who stuck me with the bogus added "cover nothing" Warranty long fired...

Old 04-11-2017, 11:33 AM
MikeH is infamous around these parts
Looks great Steven, enjoy it!

Old 04-11-2017, 12:19 PM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
Many thank guys, truly do appreciate it.

---------------------------------------------

Jim,

Thanks, and enjoy the launch party! Glad they fired that scam guy, as the local BMW stealership here has been quite good as we have a 2013 X1 as well, which must admit is really a fun lil' car. The copyright thing is because have seen too many of my pics used elsewhere, and sometimes for less than honest things (faux sellers, usually).

Yeah, am glad to be back to a normal car after well over a decade of Ferrari/Bentley stuff. Just a normal car i can track and have fun in without worry of the next $5000 fix around the corner or others keying car, etc. Dislike the BMW stock, and brand new, run-flats so looking fwd to burning through, or selling, those and then getting the new Mich PS4. Right now can easily break the rear end loose in third, though am impressed with what grip she has (for run-flat Bridgestones).

Still foresee a Roller in my future, plus Drake / others are going Rolls nowadays.

Old 04-11-2017, 01:23 PM
jim2331 is infamous around these parts
....At Pebble Beach 2 years ago Rolls asked few folks to test drive their latest. My wife drove and I sat in back, Rolls guy in passenger and I sat in back...I found the interior underwelming, just not up to Bentley standards...the car had no gear shift lever...it did talk to you saying their was a curve in road a quarter mile away...all in all not impressive...then there is the the pretentious A..H...thing that attaches to most Rolls people...
...Have the arrogant German engineers finally let you check your own oil level...JimB

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.