Location (State):

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

FEELER new Nissan GTR.....85K? need some advice, THANKS...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-06-2008, 10:17 AM
KeyserSoze is infamous around these parts
If you buy at MSRP you'll be able to make some money initially. If you're paying 10 over, I think you can expect to possibly break even for someone else who has the "need it now" factor. The longer you wait to sell it the more you plan to lose if you paid a premium.

Considering how limited release will be and how well the car has performed in reviews, I have a feeling demand will outweigh supply for quite a while.

As for the speed limiter issue, I've read on the boards that US bound GT-Rs will not be restricted and can run up to 193mph.

Old 03-06-2008, 01:31 PM
cb333 is infamous around these parts
even some dealers are willing to sell @MSRP, the buyer probably won't see the car until 09 or even 2010. the demand for this car is high. you have to get yourself over that "10K markup for a nissan" theory in order to get this, afterall this is not "just a nissan".

if you can afford the extra 10K i'd say go for it. this car can talk the talk AND walk the walk. i bet you can still sell it at msrp 1-2yrs down the road.

Old 03-06-2008, 01:40 PM
exoticschaser is infamous around these parts
I wonder if this car will hurt the new M3 coming out? Landing same time almost the same price, but the GTR is a much different animal.

Old 03-06-2008, 03:40 PM
I don't see this hurting M3 sales in the slightest considering how limited the GT-R will be to the (in comparison) mass produced M3. From 01-06 BMW released well north of 40,000 coupes and convertibles.

Other factors for M3 buyers:

- choice of coupe, sedan or convertible flavors
- usable back seats
- manual gearbox
- cheaper entry point
- etc, etc...

Last edited by KeyserSoze; 03-06-2008 at 07:03 PM.
Old 03-06-2008, 04:55 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
Good points added to the thread . I also had a night to sleep on this and I did think about it .

Given --you just bought a 997

I would wait .

Think about all the cars which came out with "gotta have it" buyers . In fact the 997 was one of them back in 2004 . So was the Aston Vantage . The Audi R8 . etc...

Time has a way of allowing the new car enthusiasm settle . One can never lose keeping the money in his pocket rather than on the road because with the Gtr will still be around and you can buy one at some later time --maybe even for less $$$.

Old 03-06-2008, 05:11 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by gtrmonkey
I can awser 2 and 3,for you.

2. the ECU restriction or going to be hard to get around, because of fact that the first thing that japanese tuner try to crack and it void your warranty, Also the speed is limited to 155mph. (Top Gear)

3. Not your avgerage nissan tech can work on these cars, The Dealer payes 50k in order to sell the car. This incudles sending a couple of techs to training. And for special equipment to work on the cars.(Nissan Dealer in Georgia)

Reply to 2 and 3--

2) I think beyond the warranty is the sophistication of the ECU of that car . I would not advise tuning this car. Relying on keeping it stock one is really surrendering a lot of control to Nissan .

3) I still speculate that there could be some growing pains .

Old 03-06-2008, 10:36 PM
humara is infamous around these parts
buy it.
buy it now.
the gtr is just seriously bad ***.
it truly crushes the m3 and easily hangs with the gt3

[media]http://youtube.com/watch?v=65jotM3cKQQ[/media]

Old 03-07-2008, 04:00 AM
Banned
oc6speed is infamous around these parts
My buddy is selling his R35 GTR, its black, right hand drive, here in So. Cal. right now, comes with title, plates, tags and registration.

PM me if interested.

Old 03-07-2008, 08:01 AM
gtrmonkey is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by KeyserSoze
I don't see this hurting M3 sales in the slightest considering how limited the GT-R will be to the (in comparison) mass produced M3. From 01-06 BMW released well north of 40,000 coupes and convertibles.

Other factors for M3 buyers:

- choice of coupe, sedan or convertible flavors
- usable back seats
- manual gearbox
- cheaper entry point
- etc, etc...
Yea but new M3 is not a very good compare to everything esle. Each new generation as gotin more civilize and now it just a tire burner.

Old 03-07-2008, 11:14 AM
JROW is infamous around these parts
Dealers are spending much more than 50k to get this car. I work at a nissan dealer in VA and we are spending that much in equipment alone. On top of that Nissan requires each dealer who gets the GTR to have a Nissan "Master" Tech. My dealership is sending one of our techs to school after school in order to reach this Master status. Dealers are flying techs all over the country in hopes of getting the proper certification by June, maybe sooner, and this can't be cheap. Nissan dealers are spending a ton in equipment and training, as well as remodeling to meet Nissan's requirements. It is amazing what Nissan requires in order for dealers to get this car.

Old 03-07-2008, 04:21 PM
6speedkaz is infamous around these parts6speedkaz is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by oc6speed
My buddy is selling his R35 GTR, its black, right hand drive, here in So. Cal. right now, comes with title, plates, tags and registration.

PM me if interested.
I heard that u cannot sell these under a certain time period... it may be just for Canada, but I was told that when you can sell it, it has to be sold to a Dealer and cannot be sold privately

Old 03-07-2008, 04:25 PM
orlando333 is infamous around these parts
I have a deposit on my car and am first on my dealer's list -- they have been allocated 4; I will likely pay a premium, but that's the price you pay for scarcity.

I will continue to daily drive my 996TTS once I get the GT-R.

Old 03-07-2008, 07:47 PM
Originally Posted by 6speedkaz
I heard that u cannot sell these under a certain time period... it may be just for Canada, but I was told that when you can sell it, it has to be sold to a Dealer and cannot be sold privately
I believe he's referring to a gray-market imported R35, the one from jspecconnect?

They're probably hoping to make a pretty penny before the market on the graymarket falls out when these become available stateside. I always like driving RHD cars, but considering the warranty issues, the japanese ECU restrictions and interface, I'll be patient and wait till the summer for US-spec cars.

Old 03-07-2008, 11:08 PM
super996TT is infamous around these parts
Its a sick car..saw one at CC last weekend. But it is a nissan and I would rather have a carrera s. Dont pay over window if you plan on keeping it for more than 6 months.

Old 03-08-2008, 11:28 AM
ArenaMotorGroup is infamous around these parts
I am a dealer and I am paying $10k over for one. 0-60 in 3.5 unmodded, crazy. The car should be worth |$|10k for 6 months or so, so if you plan on keeping it you will eventually lose. Just depends on how long you have it.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: FEELER new Nissan GTR.....85K? need some advice, THANKS...