Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Location (State):

Tial Billet Alpha3076 EPL Tuned 1/4 Mile Results

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-20-2011, 01:28 PM
roseylv is a name known to allroseylv is a name known to allroseylv is a name known to allroseylv is a name known to allroseylv is a name known to allroseylv is a name known to all
Great runs Mark! I miss the dragstrip. Our old AMG's were beasts and we didn't have to worry about wear and tare of the clutch and transmission a whole lot. I guess I need to man up and practice dumping my clutch.

Old 10-20-2011, 01:30 PM
Banned
Florida_996 is infamous around these partsFlorida_996 is infamous around these parts
I think most guys are overlooking this is on pump-gas! Even though meth helps, its not the same as having a dedicated tune on race gas.

Old 10-20-2011, 03:37 PM
johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Florida_996
I think most guys are overlooking this is on pump-gas! Even though meth helps, its not the same as having a dedicated tune on race gas.
HI,Thats great on pump gas..BUT thats not completely true about comparing race gas to meth.,,,They both kinda produce the same kind of end results,,to a point...IMO

Old 10-20-2011, 04:13 PM
gasdoc is infamous around these parts
I may have missed it,but how much boost are you running with the methanol injection and 93 octane?

Old 10-20-2011, 04:17 PM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
Mark nice job buddy You have nothing to prove to anyone...I know you'll get faster with more thinking about what to do, you always seem to figure it out, be it DR, lower 60' times etc...or RWD conversion or whatever!

again nice work...

Old 10-20-2011, 04:34 PM
johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Tony@epl
Not true, meth and 93 will match 98-100 octane power.... I would say the race gas "standard" for this forum is much higher octane then that.

With ms109 or c16 this car would product 40-60 more wheels hps.
Good to Know,thanks...But who much would you loose without meth at all then??

Old 10-20-2011, 05:01 PM
Basic Sponsor
Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by roseylv
Great runs Mark! I miss the dragstrip. Our old AMG's were beasts and we didn't have to worry about wear and tare of the clutch and transmission a whole lot. I guess I need to man up and practice dumping my clutch.
yeah AMG was way easier to run when it came to the strip

Originally Posted by johnspeed
HI,Thats great on pump gas..BUT thats not completely true about comparing race gas to meth.,,,They both kinda produce the same kind of end results,,to a point...IMO
in my first post i stated that it was 93/meth. on 109/meth there is another 60+awhp to be had. nice thing about meth it's not used when you dont need the octane. so i top off my meth every week or two. top off = 1/2 gallon.

Originally Posted by gasdoc
I may have missed it,but how much boost are you running with the methanol injection and 93 octane?
i am running 1.5bar of boost

Originally Posted by sunir
Mark nice job buddy You have nothing to prove to anyone...I know you'll get faster with more thinking about what to do, you always seem to figure it out, be it DR, lower 60' times etc...or RWD conversion or whatever!

again nice work...
thanks sunir. it's my first time out on this setup and second time to the track with this car. running at the track is completely different then the street - which is what i am used to. my best on the street is a 10.8 . i am 99% sure i will come to 11/11 MIR rental. i will probably trailer my car down there though just in case. 200 miles and 4 hours is a bit far.

Originally Posted by Tony@epl
Not true, meth and 93 will match 98-100 octane power.... I would say the race gas "standard" for this forum is much higher octane then that.

With ms109 or c16 this car would product 40-60 more wheels hps.
109 + meth next ??

Originally Posted by johnspeed
Good to Know,thanks...But who much would you loose without meth at all then??
you lose the super sweet intake air temps all year round. tony took alot of timing out of my tune as it is, so at 1.4bar i can probably run 93 fuel alone. so far meth has been working well for me for 6+ months and i really saw the benefits of IATs it gives on the dyno. my temps were below ambient on the dyno with practically no air going through intercoolers.

997TT SlowBerry - 205.0 mph 1/2 Mile WR Nov 2018, 9.7 @ 170 mph 1/4 Mile , 3.2 60-130 mph , 2.4 100-150 mph , 1420whp E85
ESMOTOR | DO88 | TPC DSC | SYVECS | COBB | IPD | KLINE | XONA | AMS | ID | ERP | SACHS | TURBOSMART | CSF | DODSON |
Old 10-20-2011, 05:38 PM
Thats great that you are into the know of every aspect of your car......

Old 10-20-2011, 05:47 PM
ant_8u Is a GOD !ant_8u Is a GOD !ant_8u Is a GOD !ant_8u Is a GOD !ant_8u Is a GOD !ant_8u Is a GOD !ant_8u Is a GOD !ant_8u Is a GOD !ant_8u Is a GOD !ant_8u Is a GOD !ant_8u Is a GOD !
Is ~136mph a typical trap speed for 3076s?

Thanks

Old 10-20-2011, 06:51 PM
greekc6 Is a GOD !greekc6 Is a GOD !greekc6 Is a GOD !greekc6 Is a GOD !greekc6 Is a GOD !greekc6 Is a GOD !greekc6 Is a GOD !greekc6 Is a GOD !greekc6 Is a GOD !greekc6 Is a GOD !greekc6 Is a GOD !
awesome mark. 10's on 19's with street tires full weight on pump gas in a 3500lb car should be highly respected in my eyes. with only a 1.8 60ft theres also about a .3-.65 sec improvement just on a stronger launch. congrats!

Old 10-20-2011, 07:20 PM
Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !
i dont think pump and 100%meth is only at 90-100 octane, isnt meth pretty much acting like a 110 octane or so? Anyone else care to comment that knows more about this topic? Mark is a crazy guy 10.9 is not slow and I'm sure he has a lot more in it, now that my pos will be 100% i'll be out there too and i hope i can manage 10.9 at 136. Mark hope you ready for all the bench racers criticizing , specially the ones who never go to 1/4 mile lol . You should have gone 10.0 on those magical tials

Old 10-20-2011, 07:30 PM
greekc6 Is a GOD !greekc6 Is a GOD !greekc6 Is a GOD !greekc6 Is a GOD !greekc6 Is a GOD !greekc6 Is a GOD !greekc6 Is a GOD !greekc6 Is a GOD !greekc6 Is a GOD !greekc6 Is a GOD !greekc6 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Blockhed
i dont think pump and 100%meth is only at 90-100 octane, isnt meth pretty much acting like a 110 octane or so? Anyone else care to comment that knows more about this topic? Mark is a crazy guy 10.9 is not slow and I'm sure he has a lot more in it, now that my pos will be 100% i'll be out there too and i hope i can manage 10.9 at 136. Mark hope you ready for all the bench racers criticizing , specially the ones who never go to 1/4 mile lol . You should have gone 10.0 on those magical tials
its hard to say but i had meth in my vette. it all depends on what mix how many nozzles and how much your spraying. meth was used i believe originally just to lower iat's in my car. i originally had a single nozzle then went with a twin nozzle. i dont think its adds alot octinity but your can run more boost and timing because it so much cooler. on a 90 degree day at the drag strip by the time by the end of the 1/4 my iat's were at 40 degrees

Old 10-20-2011, 07:38 PM
Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !
greg yeah i know in the vette world meth is used to cool and thus create a bit more room for boost where as in 911 world it seems to be to used as a race gas sub. All in all a cheap way to go fast if properly tunned.

Old 10-20-2011, 08:55 PM
Tony, pardon my ignorance on the topic but can you got a little more in depth as to how is responds so you can tune it like you would on ms 109 at 1.6 bAr. Does it provide such a cooling effect that it creates so much room to throw this much boost at it, how does this compare to nitrous? Thanks ahead of time

Old 10-20-2011, 09:21 PM
As I understand and know because I ran it on my motorcycles....NOS cools itself,compresses itself,then on ignition it expands in which is why it produces cylinder pressure increases thus power gains,,,,so you need to add more fuel with the NOS to quinch detonation and mix to make the power .. AND... not to break things..lol.....From what I understand a,,Meth cools to resist detonation with the fuel but it doesnt build cylinder pressure like NOS..Two different types of cooling effects....I dont know if this 100% all acurate how I explained it??...I dont know if thats what you wanted to know or asked??Just thought I would share...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Tial Billet Alpha3076 EPL Tuned 1/4 Mile Results