Location (State):

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

FEELER new Nissan GTR.....85K? need some advice, THANKS...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-09-2008, 05:58 PM
igdawgi has much to be proud ofigdawgi has much to be proud ofigdawgi has much to be proud ofigdawgi has much to be proud ofigdawgi has much to be proud ofigdawgi has much to be proud ofigdawgi has much to be proud ofigdawgi has much to be proud of
People are idiots to pay Mark Up!

Old 03-09-2008, 06:37 PM
Banned
oc6speed is infamous around these parts
Unfortunately, you're including alot of Porsche GT (RS, 2, 3) buyers in that set. Cars are always like that. If you want to be the trend setter you have to be the first on the block and with that comes a premium.

Old 03-09-2008, 07:44 PM
achtung6 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by invids
Rumor has it that Nissan can void your warranty if the car is sold within a year after being purchased.
This would be illegal.

Old 03-09-2008, 09:09 PM
TheCreditMan has a spectacular aura aboutTheCreditMan has a spectacular aura aboutTheCreditMan has a spectacular aura about
Anyone know the first year production numbers for the U.S. market?

Old 03-10-2008, 09:34 AM
speednme is a glorious beacon of lightspeednme is a glorious beacon of lightspeednme is a glorious beacon of lightspeednme is a glorious beacon of lightspeednme is a glorious beacon of light
While I personally would never pay mark up prices I could sort of understand why someone would. First and formost, if the money(mark up is not an issue) to you and you feel you have to have the car now than by all means purchase the car. It's all based on supply and demand. How important is it to have the car NOW. As long as people keep paying more for the new car on the block. Dealers will continue this trend.

So should you pony up the extra dollars? Not if the money makes a difference to you(I'm not saying that you can't afford it but even $10-$15k to a rich man is a huge difference). If the money doesn't matter and you don't really care that dealer is getting over like a fat rat. Than go for it.

Btw..Do your reasearch with other dealers before you purchase..you might actually find one at list.

Good luck in your purchase

Old 03-10-2008, 10:40 AM
KeyserSoze is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by TheCreditMan
Anyone know the first year production numbers for the U.S. market?
I've heard anywhere from 1200-1500.

Old 03-12-2008, 07:41 PM
Banned
rijowysock is infamous around these parts
ask em to throw in a versa.lolol

Old 03-12-2008, 08:49 PM
amslb182 is infamous around these parts
Hey guys, just wanted to introduce myself and thought this would be a good place to do it. Ive been lurking on this site for quite sometime, you guys have lots of great cars, and insight into the collector/exotic car world. I frequent fchat with the same user name as i previously worked at an fcar dealership in ct and know and love those cars very well. IM currently in college, and working full time at a Nissan dealership in Greensboro, NC, so i thought I would give some insight on this car from what dealers know and maybe help to clear up some info.

My dealership is asking 15k over, which is about average we know of dealers taking between 10-30, someone mentioned 5 on here earlier which might be true but i am not sure as to where. We are a good size dealership usually do between 160-200 cars a month and have been given 4 allocations for GTRs. 2 already have deposits and we have had many other inquiries about the car. Honestly there are probably 3-5 people that come in a week to ask questions and get info on the car. To be able to sell the car we had to pay either 25k or 30k, (cant remember) to become a GTR dealer. Only the General Manager is allowed to sell the car, and we had to send one of the senior mechanics to training to learn about them, so the kid who works on your altima wont touch your GTR (even though all of our service techs are mature and well trained ). I honestly think these cars will go for much more than 15k over msrp once they are on our shores. The numbers they are making are very impressive, and the car will easily double as a daily. Anyways, feel free to ask any other questions you might have, if i dont know the answer i can find out from my GM. And I'm glad to finally be a member of the 6.

Old 03-12-2008, 10:55 PM
KeyserSoze is infamous around these parts
Honestly I had a few dealers call me back to offer a $5k premium to me and the lowest mark-up I've heard was $3k. There are plenty of places to find such deals on the GTR forums, that is if you feel the need to pay a premium.

Do your research, let your fingers to the walking and you'll find plenty of places selling at MSRP.

Old 03-17-2008, 06:08 AM
GforceEng is infamous around these parts
i think everyone covered it......

- 1200-1500 units
- $30k for dealer upgrades
- GM only seller (no commission bs), i also heard that the regional manager also contacts you one on one for any assistance etc.
- this isnt a versa, Nissan is investing alot to give the Premium experience for their GTR customers. They set the gt2 as a performance bar AND customer experience.

I think once the car hits the US and those curious P car owners walk into a GTR cert dealer they will see the similarities lol. the "its a nissan" syndrome will be short lived.

Old 03-17-2008, 11:38 AM
bumble996 has a reputation beyond reputebumble996 has a reputation beyond reputebumble996 has a reputation beyond reputebumble996 has a reputation beyond reputebumble996 has a reputation beyond reputebumble996 has a reputation beyond reputebumble996 has a reputation beyond reputebumble996 has a reputation beyond reputebumble996 has a reputation beyond reputebumble996 has a reputation beyond reputebumble996 has a reputation beyond repute
I think once the car hits the US and those curious P car owners walk into a GTR cert dealer they will see the similarities lol. the "its a nissan" syndrome will be short lived.
Sorry, did that already (went with my buddy to spec his) - still a nissan dealer with balloons everywhere and kids screaming. Sleezy salesmen waiting outside to hawk on the next sucker...

Old 03-17-2008, 12:02 PM
if your buddy has one coming he can contact the regional gm and discuss any issues with the dealer. But it sounds like you already have your notions. If you didnt like the experience then why did you (or your buddy) bother?

Last edited by GforceEng; 03-17-2008 at 12:10 PM.
Old 03-17-2008, 01:52 PM
bumble996 has a reputation beyond reputebumble996 has a reputation beyond reputebumble996 has a reputation beyond reputebumble996 has a reputation beyond reputebumble996 has a reputation beyond reputebumble996 has a reputation beyond reputebumble996 has a reputation beyond reputebumble996 has a reputation beyond reputebumble996 has a reputation beyond reputebumble996 has a reputation beyond reputebumble996 has a reputation beyond repute
If you didnt like the experience then why did you (or your buddy) bother?
Because he likes the car perhaps? Take it easy lol.

Old 03-17-2008, 01:55 PM
Originally Posted by bumble996
Because he likes the car perhaps? Take it easy lol.
sorry i should of been more specific. I meant bother dealing with that dealer, not bother buying the car.

Old 03-17-2008, 03:58 PM
Fanman is infamous around these parts
Just got an offered a premium edition for June/July delivery at $32k over msrp.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: FEELER new Nissan GTR.....85K? need some advice, THANKS...