Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Location (State):

P0103 Code. Need help

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-12-2015, 01:17 PM
HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !
Thanks bud. Need a new compressor old one took a crap on me but I need one so will knock that out.

MAF is brand new.

Gonna dig in further tomorrow or Monday.

Thanks for the help!

Old 12-12-2015, 01:24 PM
Jeanmarcboilard Is a GOD !Jeanmarcboilard Is a GOD !Jeanmarcboilard Is a GOD !Jeanmarcboilard Is a GOD !Jeanmarcboilard Is a GOD !Jeanmarcboilard Is a GOD !Jeanmarcboilard Is a GOD !Jeanmarcboilard Is a GOD !Jeanmarcboilard Is a GOD !Jeanmarcboilard Is a GOD !Jeanmarcboilard Is a GOD !
To me it looks like around 3500 rpm you're going into limp mode. You should log throttle position, injector duty, ignition angle and boost setpoint also.

Last edited by Jeanmarcboilard; 12-12-2015 at 01:30 PM.
Old 12-12-2015, 01:28 PM
Jeanmarcboilard Is a GOD !Jeanmarcboilard Is a GOD !Jeanmarcboilard Is a GOD !Jeanmarcboilard Is a GOD !Jeanmarcboilard Is a GOD !Jeanmarcboilard Is a GOD !Jeanmarcboilard Is a GOD !Jeanmarcboilard Is a GOD !Jeanmarcboilard Is a GOD !Jeanmarcboilard Is a GOD !Jeanmarcboilard Is a GOD !
Someone correct me if I'm wrong but your boost controller output dropping to 4.69 indicates your ECU is trying to cut boost.

Old 12-12-2015, 02:15 PM
HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Jeanmarcboilard
Someone correct me if I'm wrong but your boost controller output dropping to 4.69 indicates your ECU is trying to cut boost.
Which run are you looking at?

That's been kind of my suspicion, when the issues I've stated happen, it feels like the engine is cutting out at times.

Really hoping it's the n75 or lines from it, or a waste gate adjustment.

Will add those data points and take another run.

Old 12-12-2015, 02:31 PM
The 3rd gear pull. Do the rest of your pulls in 3rd gear.
From my limited experience, I would say your wastegates aren't opening properly. Either because of a physical damage to the wastegates or pressure hoses going to them, or because of the N75 malfunction.
Pressure testing will reveal a lot here.

Old 12-12-2015, 02:39 PM
My 5525 error code was due to a physically damaged ECU from a tuner trying to install a new chip on it.
Yours could be from something else though. Very last resort is replacing the ECU. Try to fix everything else first and try a new tune.

Last edited by Jeanmarcboilard; 12-12-2015 at 02:42 PM.
Old 12-12-2015, 02:43 PM
Reset your errors with Durametric and see which ones come back.

Old 12-12-2015, 04:24 PM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by HotRodGuy
was hoping you guys could help me make sense of these data runs

I did one good 3rd gear pull to redline

I also did a few 6th gear WOT (the first one ABS PSM came on and surprised me and I let off). Second two are a little longer in it.
at 3300 rpm your n75 stops working... the duty cycle drops to 4.69$ and should be more like 95% at some point... do the pressure test.. if you do not find anything, inspect the wgs but I have a feeling its either some hose at the n75 or the actual n75...
PS. I finally has some time to take a look on a laptop....

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Old 12-13-2015, 12:16 PM
I was hoping you guys could actually help me understand the #'s. Being my first turbo car, and not being the most technical person (I'm a sales guy, last thing people want me to be is technical).

The boost pressure controller value is reading from where? The ECU?

Also, why would boost pressure keep building if the ECU is trying to shut it down? Because it's not able to properly release pressure?

Is the car making power still? I'm curious if when this gets resolved what the difference in feel will be.

If you notice on the 6th gear pulls, it tries to shut down at 2700 approx both times. Not sure if this has a meaning or not.

Old 12-13-2015, 12:42 PM
Based on a variety of parameters i.e. Load, throttle position, the ECU commands a boost setpoint (which you didn't log, but you can). If the ECU detects a boost value (boost pressure of sensor) lower then the setpoint, it activates the N75 cycle valve which diverts air from your wastegates to help build boost. If your boost pressure goes above the setpoint the ECU will tell the n75 to send the air to the wastegates to open the wastegates to slowdown your turbos.

The boost sensor is in atmospheric pressure, subtract 1000 to get millibars.
If sensor reads 1800millibars = 0.8bar boost

Last edited by Jeanmarcboilard; 12-13-2015 at 12:45 PM.
Old 12-13-2015, 12:47 PM
Old 12-13-2015, 12:56 PM
Originally Posted by Jeanmarcboilard

bits and pieces, i've been stuck with the 2 and 5 year old last 24 hours so haven't mhad much sit down time. Gonna knock it out later tonight

Old 12-13-2015, 01:44 PM
bits and pieces, i've been stuck with the 2 and 5 year old last 24 hours so haven't mhad much sit down time. Gonna knock it out later tonight
Yeah, no problem. You'll get this sorted out, might just take a bit of time.
Do you have a good idea now of what is happening with the boost, ECU and N75?

Old 12-13-2015, 04:58 PM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
I was hoping you guys could actually help me understand the #'s. Being my first turbo car, and not being the most technical person (I'm a sales guy, last thing people want me to be is technical).

The boost pressure controller value is reading from where? The ECU?

Also, why would boost pressure keep building if the ECU is trying to shut it down? Because it's not able to properly release pressure?

Is the car making power still? I'm curious if when this gets resolved what the difference in feel will be.

If you notice on the 6th gear pulls, it tries to shut down at 2700 approx both times. Not sure if this has a meaning or not.
Between the logs and a pressure test along with testing the Wgs separately you will find the problem.

Old 12-14-2015, 11:37 AM
driver side wastegate is shot

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: P0103 Code. Need help