Price:

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

2004 Lamborghini Gallardo for sale, blown engine - CHEAP

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-11-2007, 03:38 PM
MrEdS4 has much to be proud ofMrEdS4 has much to be proud ofMrEdS4 has much to be proud ofMrEdS4 has much to be proud ofMrEdS4 has much to be proud ofMrEdS4 has much to be proud ofMrEdS4 has much to be proud ofMrEdS4 has much to be proud ofMrEdS4 has much to be proud ofMrEdS4 has much to be proud of
2004 Lamborghini Gallardo for sale, blown engine - CHEAP

I am selling my 2004 Lamborghini Gallardo
Yellow/Black
E-gear
Tubi
Yellow Calipers
23,882 miles

Great condition - scratch on rear bumper. Pictures of actual car (although it was running at the time)

Engine is blown, needs block, rods, pistons, and crank.

Price as is: $99,000

Price repaired with 200 mile engine: $125,000

For more pictures, visit:
http://www.supercarrentalsinc.com/gallardo.html

(770) 633-9020

Old 07-11-2007, 03:43 PM
DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !
if you don't mind me asking, how did the engine blow? i would assume over-rev, but the car is an e-gear...

Old 07-11-2007, 04:01 PM
kaz555 is a jewel in the roughkaz555 is a jewel in the roughkaz555 is a jewel in the rough
maybe oil stravation? i don't know how the E gear works but im guessing someone pressed the wrong button at the wrong time?????? Maybe put it in first gear while doing 100+ MPH if that's even possible.

Does the car have clean title?

Last edited by kaz555; 07-11-2007 at 04:12 PM.
Old 07-11-2007, 04:02 PM
vincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond repute
Nice car to do Heffner TT.

Old 07-11-2007, 04:18 PM
Banned
Origyns 973 is a splendid one to beholdOrigyns 973 is a splendid one to beholdOrigyns 973 is a splendid one to beholdOrigyns 973 is a splendid one to beholdOrigyns 973 is a splendid one to beholdOrigyns 973 is a splendid one to beholdOrigyns 973 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by vincentdds
You should buy it to TT it

Old 07-11-2007, 05:17 PM
MrEdS4 has much to be proud ofMrEdS4 has much to be proud ofMrEdS4 has much to be proud ofMrEdS4 has much to be proud ofMrEdS4 has much to be proud ofMrEdS4 has much to be proud ofMrEdS4 has much to be proud ofMrEdS4 has much to be proud ofMrEdS4 has much to be proud ofMrEdS4 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Steve K MMC
if you don't mind me asking, how did the engine blow? i would assume over-rev, but the car is an e-gear...
At this point the cause is unclear. The car should have had oil and had been well serviced. It appears that a rod bearing let go. The car was being driven hard, but not that hard. It was all stock except for the exhaust. Once the car is sold, I will probably tear down the old engine to determine a more exact cause. It could also have been something coming up from the road. This seems fairly likely because the hole in the block is on the very bottom.

I need to move this car quick, trades and offers considered.

Old 07-11-2007, 05:21 PM
Originally Posted by vincentdds
That is a great point. Jason knows about this car and has been thinking about buying it to use as a shop car. He has access to blocks, cranks, etc. from Lamborghini (would probably run about $10k but you will have to get an estimate from him) and the other parts would have been replaced anyway. If you are interested in doing a TT Gallardo, this should easily save you $20-30k versus buying one at market price and then sending it to him.

I will ask him how much getting this car into a running TT car would run.

Old 07-11-2007, 05:27 PM
Originally Posted by kaz555
maybe oil stravation? i don't know how the E gear works but im guessing someone pressed the wrong button at the wrong time?????? Maybe put it in first gear while doing 100+ MPH if that's even possible.

Does the car have clean title?
Yes, the car has a clear title. I believe I am the second owner. I got it from Domani Motors in Florida last summer.

You can't keep the car in a gear past the rev limiter, it will shift for you. The nature of the failure implies oil starvation but from what we can tell, the oil system is all ok. As I said, tearing down the old engine will be required to know for sure. I will work that arrangement out with the buyer.

Once I get done looking into it, I can get it welded shut and get you a piece of glass to put on top of it and make you a really cool coffee table. Talk about a conversation piece!

Old 07-11-2007, 05:32 PM
Originally Posted by NAPO
There are plenty of 04 Gallardos with no problems and less miles, for $5k more than your car repaired. I'm not saying this to be rude or anything, but you're asking too much.
There are a lot of nice cars with less miles in the $130's. This is an opportunity to get yourself a car after it is fixed that you will know everything about mechanically and know that it has a fresh engine and has been completely gone through. Yellow e-gear cars bring slight premiums but there are certainly other options for people looking for a Gallardo.

I completely respect your input on my pricing and I would like to think that I understand where the market is at right now. That being said, the interest on this bright yellow shop ornament is costing me a lot so I am open to offers.

Old 07-11-2007, 05:44 PM
club411 is a jewel in the roughclub411 is a jewel in the roughclub411 is a jewel in the roughclub411 is a jewel in the rough
PM sent.

Thanks

Old 07-11-2007, 05:49 PM
Originally Posted by club411
PM sent.

Thanks
reply sent

Old 07-11-2007, 06:27 PM
turbo_freak is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by NAPO
There are plenty of 04 Gallardos with no problems and less miles, for $5k more than your car repaired. I'm not saying this to be rude or anything, but you're asking too much.
you need to make note of the new forum rules

Old 07-11-2007, 07:44 PM
emissary will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by MrEdS4
could also have been something coming up from the road. This seems fairly likely because the hole in the block is on the very bottom.
If it was something from the road, wouldn't that be covered by insurance? I assume that an engine blown due to internal malfunction would not be covered by insurance, but road debris damage should be, right?

Old 07-11-2007, 07:57 PM
Originally Posted by emissary
If it was something from the road, wouldn't that be covered by insurance? I assume that an engine blown due to internal malfunction would not be covered by insurance, but road debris damage should be, right?
You are very correct. My insurance company and I have been going back and forth about this for long enough to convince me that the claim is not going to get paid. If I pay for the teardown at an authorized dealer and the dealer comes back saying that it was conclusively something from the road they will pay for the repairs. The teardown will cost me as much as installing a used engine. Right now it is better for me just to move on.

Old 07-11-2007, 08:14 PM
Banned
Origyns 973 is a splendid one to beholdOrigyns 973 is a splendid one to beholdOrigyns 973 is a splendid one to beholdOrigyns 973 is a splendid one to beholdOrigyns 973 is a splendid one to beholdOrigyns 973 is a splendid one to beholdOrigyns 973 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by MrEdS4
You are very correct. My insurance company and I have been going back and forth about this for long enough to convince me that the claim is not going to get paid. If I pay for the teardown at an authorized dealer and the dealer comes back saying that it was conclusively something from the road they will pay for the repairs. The teardown will cost me as much as installing a used engine. Right now it is better for me just to move on.
Do this. Put the car on a lift. If you see a hole in the block anywhere near where road debris could hit it, then success. It'll be definitely covered. The dealer doesn't even need to tear down the motor. Its easy as A B C. Road debris struck the motor at a high enough velocity to put a hole in it. Hole spews out oil. No oil in the motor. Explains it all.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2004 Lamborghini Gallardo for sale, blown engine - CHEAP