Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Location (State):

Anyone looking for an enclosed trailer?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-26-2009, 12:04 AM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !

Category: Wheels & Tires
Price: $7900
Private or Vendor Listing: Private Listing
Location (State): WA
Item Condition: Used

How much does this trailer weigh empty?

Old 06-26-2009, 07:54 AM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Bleu Omdurman
Good luck with the sale David. My plans are not certain yet, or I would be very interested. I'm looking at selling the MB and picking up a truck and trailer. But I still need to get past the wife sized hurdle and figure out where to keep them.
Sounds like something that both PJ and I had to deal with at one time.

Old 06-26-2009, 08:18 AM
boochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond repute
Hey PJS,

I've got an 05 V8 XC90 AWD and an 03 996 C4S......is the Featherlite light enough w/ the C4S to be towed by the V8 XC90.....I'm not too familiar with the towing capacity of the truck....just bought it for the wifey......thanks.

Berk

Originally Posted by PJS
BUMP

and here is what I bought (wish the RSA came with it )

Old 06-26-2009, 08:58 AM
Your towing capacity for your Volvo is 5000lbs, and your car and trailer will be almost 5000lbs with gear. I would only tow at the maximum for short trips and not often, as the maximum you should really do is about 75% of the rated level. The engine might be strong enough, but the brakes and transmission might not be up to the task.

Old 06-26-2009, 10:28 AM
PJS
PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by boochook
Hey PJS,

I've got an 05 V8 XC90 AWD and an 03 996 C4S......is the Featherlite light enough w/ the C4S to be towed by the V8 XC90.....I'm not too familiar with the towing capacity of the truck....just bought it for the wifey......thanks.

Berk
17'6" featherlite open without box and tire rack is roughly 1400 lbs
I would guess a TT is roughly 3300 lbs
That is 4700 lbs
If the volvo is a 5000 lb tow limit, then I would likely not do it unless it is a lease car

The guy before me towed his RSA (2400 lbs) to Laguna Seca with an x5... sold the x5 because he felt the transmission was too weak/expensive...

Old 06-29-2009, 06:59 AM
boochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond repute
NorthVan & PJS - Thanks for the clarification guys. DAMMIT!!!! Now what the heck am I going to do with a V8 XC90.....hahahaha

G/L with the sale my friend.....

Old 06-29-2009, 07:06 AM
Originally Posted by PJS
17'6" featherlite open without box and tire rack is roughly 1400 lbs
I would guess a TT is roughly 3300 lbs
That is 4700 lbs
If the volvo is a 5000 lb tow limit, then I would likely not do it unless it is a lease car

The guy before me towed his RSA (2400 lbs) to Laguna Seca with an x5... sold the x5 because he felt the transmission was too weak/expensive...
The X5 has a 6000lb limit. Also, I will not own my Touareg without a warranty for the same reason.

Old 01-06-2010, 04:33 PM
David_J is a glorious beacon of lightDavid_J is a glorious beacon of lightDavid_J is a glorious beacon of lightDavid_J is a glorious beacon of lightDavid_J is a glorious beacon of light
Time to try and sell this again. Original post has been updated with new price.