Year: 2024
Make: Porsche
Model: 911
Price: $100
Mileage: 12345
Color: blue
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (State): AL

Porsche has publicly claimed gas engines are out within 10 years.
Now is the time to buy in on a model and make sure you do not compromise on spec.
Make it exactly what you could enjoy for 10 years, price will be insignificant over that timeframe.

Old 03-11-2022, 08:15 AM
Yves Is a GOD !Yves Is a GOD !Yves Is a GOD !Yves Is a GOD !Yves Is a GOD !Yves Is a GOD !Yves Is a GOD !Yves Is a GOD !Yves Is a GOD !Yves Is a GOD !Yves Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Ro_Ja Boy
Can you predict the date at which the bubble starts to really burst? (asking with a lot of cash waiting for a home and sportscar )

My parents live in Bend for the summers. Beautiful town.
Bend is changing, and not for the better. Lots of people moving here from CA and PDX, bringing their values and homeless with them.

We can't predict the market. At a Shiller P/E index of 30 (double of what it normally should be), the market is definitely overvalued, and needs a correction. Having said that, traditional economic levers have been changed or abused, so the inevitable is artificially being delayed.The longer they keep on doing this, the worse things are getting and the worse the correction will be.

Most of the growth since the '08 financial recession has been because of QE (money printing). While the original QE cost was +/- 800 billion to get out of the financial recession, we have already printed >5 trillion since COVID alone. COVID by itself was not a 'big event' comparable to the dot com crash or the financial recession, it's just an excuse for the Feds to print even more money and do some really stupid things with it. Aside from the need to print more cash (akin to a heroin addiction), we have since 2020 also noticed that the M2 money expansion is not limited to the financial system alone anymore (i.e. the banks who were the beneficiary during the financial recession). Some of the money expansion was released into private hands (in other words, all of us). While this has had an initial beneficial effect, there is still a need for a payback or productivity, which is Economics 101. If incremental productivity lacks, valuations need to be adjusted downward. In view of asset inflation without corresponding productivity, this would normally result in a massive correction or crash, which usually comes as a lagging effect. So, how have they been able to procrastinate on this ?

Through artificial interest rate (monetary policy) management the following has happened :
1] TINA (there is no alternative) : in order to get some return on investment, people HAD to invest in stocks; this has pushed stock markets into uncharted territory
2] Interest rates have an impact on our national debt, the lower, the better. Our debt is now at 130% of GDP, every increase in i-rate hurts...they have to keep it low....
3] For the more advanced financially literate people, i-rates are also used in the DCF (Discounted Cash Flow) valuations of the 'new economy', highly speculative companies who are touted to start making a profit years or decades from now. When using a low interest rate (discount factor) to determine the present value of their future profits, it makes the financial model look better. Only 16% of NASDAQ companies are currently profitable. That is why the Nasdaq is hammered with interest rates rising to only...1.7%. Imagine what will happen when interest rates go up to where they should be to fight inflation.

So net, we are generating a lot of new money, but it lacks productivity or the productivity is supposed to be at some distant point in the future. From the government's side, a lot of the new money is wasted on social projects lacking any measurable ROI or accountability. The low interest rates also allow companies to borrow on the cheap, often doing stupid things with the funds. On top of that, valuations are even pushed higher by stock buy backs. Had people presented his scenario to me back when I went for my CFA, I would have started laughing uncontrollably, that's how insane things are.

So yeah - a lot of the 'new' millionaires think they have it made. Lots of them are leaving the workforce, thinking they are smart enough to daytrade. However, their money will only be safe once they they have sold the underlying asset and paid taxes on it. Paper profits can disappear overnight, and a lot of these suckers will end up holding the bag when this all pops. I have zero compassion for this kind of behavior and am sitting on quite some dry powder to go shopping during the fire sale.
I've lived through most of the corrections since the late 80s. Towards the end, just before it blows its top, even 'experts' will start claiming 'this time it is different'. Only to be proven wrong a couple of months later. What do I see happening now ? The Feds will increase i-rates by 0.25% in March, but quickly back-paddle on next steps since this fake economy can't support any increase. The sad part is, in order to fight inflation, the i-rate should match the rate of inflation, which according to the source is anywhere between 7 and 15% (the latter being in line with the traditional definition of inflation, not the 'rigged' one).
So when or how will this end ? We don't know. How bad will it be ? Very bad, the bubble is across all sectors of the economy.

I'd be happy to have a discussion with any of the car dealers who have chimed in on this thread and to take a green Hurracan Spyder off of their inventory a year from now. At half of the current price

Last edited by Yves; 03-11-2022 at 08:34 AM.
Old 03-11-2022, 10:11 AM
casper is just really nicecasper is just really nicecasper is just really nicecasper is just really nicecasper is just really nice
Originally Posted by Yves
Bend is changing, and not for the better. Lots of people moving here from CA and PDX, bringing their values and homeless with them.

We can't predict the market. At a Shiller P/E index of 30 (double of what it normally should be), the market is definitely overvalued, and needs a correction. Having said that, traditional economic levers have been changed or abused, so the inevitable is artificially being delayed.The longer they keep on doing this, the worse things are getting and the worse the correction will be.

Most of the growth since the '08 financial recession has been because of QE (money printing). While the original QE cost was +/- 800 billion to get out of the financial recession, we have already printed >5 trillion since COVID alone. COVID by itself was not a 'big event' comparable to the dot com crash or the financial recession, it's just an excuse for the Feds to print even more money and do some really stupid things with it. Aside from the need to print more cash (akin to a heroin addiction), we have since 2020 also noticed that the M2 money expansion is not limited to the financial system alone anymore (i.e. the banks who were the beneficiary during the financial recession). Some of the money expansion was released into private hands (in other words, all of us). While this has had an initial beneficial effect, there is still a need for a payback or productivity, which is Economics 101. If incremental productivity lacks, valuations need to be adjusted downward. In view of asset inflation without corresponding productivity, this would normally result in a massive correction or crash, which usually comes as a lagging effect. So, how have they been able to procrastinate on this ?

Through artificial interest rate (monetary policy) management the following has happened :
1] TINA (there is no alternative) : in order to get some return on investment, people HAD to invest in stocks; this has pushed stock markets into uncharted territory
2] Interest rates have an impact on our national debt, the lower, the better. Our debt is now at 130% of GDP, every increase in i-rate hurts...they have to keep it low....
3] For the more advanced financially literate people, i-rates are also used in the DCF (Discounted Cash Flow) valuations of the 'new economy', highly speculative companies who are touted to start making a profit years or decades from now. When using a low interest rate (discount factor) to determine the present value of their future profits, it makes the financial model look better. Only 16% of NASDAQ companies are currently profitable. That is why the Nasdaq is hammered with interest rates rising to only...1.7%. Imagine what will happen when interest rates go up to where they should be to fight inflation.

So net, we are generating a lot of new money, but it lacks productivity or the productivity is supposed to be at some distant point in the future. From the government's side, a lot of the new money is wasted on social projects lacking any measurable ROI or accountability. The low interest rates also allow companies to borrow on the cheap, often doing stupid things with the funds. On top of that, valuations are even pushed higher by stock buy backs. Had people presented his scenario to me back when I went for my CFA, I would have started laughing uncontrollably, that's how insane things are.

So yeah - a lot of the 'new' millionaires think they have it made. Lots of them are leaving the workforce, thinking they are smart enough to daytrade. However, their money will only be safe once they they have sold the underlying asset and paid taxes on it. Paper profits can disappear overnight, and a lot of these suckers will end up holding the bag when this all pops. I have zero compassion for this kind of behavior and am sitting on quite some dry powder to go shopping during the fire sale.
I've lived through most of the corrections since the late 80s. Towards the end, just before it blows its top, even 'experts' will start claiming 'this time it is different'. Only to be proven wrong a couple of months later. What do I see happening now ? The Feds will increase i-rates by 0.25% in March, but quickly back-paddle on next steps since this fake economy can't support any increase. The sad part is, in order to fight inflation, the i-rate should match the rate of inflation, which according to the source is anywhere between 7 and 15% (the latter being in line with the traditional definition of inflation, not the 'rigged' one).
So when or how will this end ? We don't know. How bad will it be ? Very bad, the bubble is across all sectors of the economy.

I'd be happy to have a discussion with any of the car dealers who have chimed in on this thread and to take a green Hurracan Spyder off of their inventory a year from now. At half of the current price
Very well summarized and very much in agreement

Old 03-14-2022, 07:06 AM
BMWDEMON is a jewel in the roughBMWDEMON is a jewel in the roughBMWDEMON is a jewel in the rough

Agreed...I will also be in line for my Huracan.

Old 03-14-2022, 07:47 AM
s65e90 is infamous around these parts
Well said. The problem I see is how long changes made are actually measured as effectual. Interest rates should have been raised alot, around a year ago. Incremental bumps now, are doing nothing. Interest rates are already rising. Now with war looming, it's a balancing act of staving off inflation without causing a recession. The gov't has been kicking the can down the road for too long. Now the chickens are coming home to roost.

Old 03-14-2022, 12:56 PM
Ro_Ja Boy is on a distinguished road

Appreciate your opinion and generally agree (although I'd be able to put it into much less financial and eloquent terms). I'm wanting to buy a Porsche, but am hesitant unless I find something that seems like it has some downside protection (which virtually doesn't exist) and had sold our forever home in a move during 2020 and am now waiting to buy our next forever home (don't think we'll do anything there since we're just not willing to be the sucker in this one either).

I have a real tough time balancing wanting the market to correct and get that over with (also for personal benefit with cars/a house) and not wanting to see the effect on the company I work for.

What area of town in Bend are you in? I went to a C&C near the Mill District last year where there were some cool cars. My parents live in the Northwest from June 1 - September 30. They've been going to Bend since the early 2000s. The homelessness I saw last year was WILD.

Old 03-15-2022, 11:45 AM
Since when on earth do people buy cars speculating on future value? Cars have and always will be depreciating assets. Buy what you want and drive it. Any + is a net benefit. You fail to factor there is a value/cost to your own happiness too. Life is short. Buy the Porsche.

Old 03-15-2022, 11:48 AM
Premium Dealer
OvertonAutomotive is an unknown quantity at this point
^my thoughts exactly. I have no intention of selling my 911 even though, right now, I could make 20k on it.

Originally Posted by s65e90
Since when on earth do people buy cars speculating on future value? Cars have and always will be depreciating assets. Buy what you want and drive it. Any + is a net benefit. You fail to factor there is a value/cost to your own happiness too. Life is short. Buy the Porsche.

SALES - CONSIGNMENT – LOCATOR SERVICES

Consignment Rate Special for all 6-Speed Members
You keep your car with you.

Phone: 865-850-9199

jon@overtonautomotive.com

Follow us on https://www.instagram.com/overtonautomotivebrokers/ and https://twitter.com/OvertonAutosAudi | BMW | Ferrari | Lamborghini | Nissan | Porsche

Last edited by OvertonAutomotive; 03-15-2022 at 12:45 PM.
Old 03-15-2022, 06:11 PM
duuder is on a distinguished road
a lot of people do, i was fortunate to trade one investment for another (that was my excuse) but the joy and experience of driving is next to none

Originally Posted by s65e90

Old 03-24-2022, 03:57 PM
RiA
RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !
We leased an eTron in early 2020 (2019 model) and was given over $18,000 in discounts. When our lease is up, we may buy out at the residual (unless prices drop like rocks), as we can make $20k if we were to flip it.

Prices may come down before our lease expires, so we may not do that, but it is tempting today.

Old 03-24-2022, 05:12 PM
duuder is on a distinguished road
if you have another car to use, flipping it is a great idea.

Old 03-25-2022, 09:11 AM
RiA
RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !
We do and both are electric. I still have my Caddie, but we need an SUV to cart my MIL along with her wheelchair, so without another reasonably priced option, we'll probably buy out the eTron.

But it tempting to make some quick cash...

Old 04-03-2022, 11:15 AM
Matte Murder will become famous soon enoughMatte Murder will become famous soon enough
We are def in a bubble. EVERYTHING is expensive now. No one can predict the future but I have to wonder about people who are gleefully rubbing their hands together waiting for the POP so they can get a deal on a car. Like they will be exempt from a major correction, recession or depression . Thinking saving $100,000 on a luxury car while losing $500,000 on the value of their house, $2,000,000 on their investments, loss of income from their job or business etc is a good thing.
We’ve been HERE before. For a different example when I graduated high school in 1982 real inflation was about 15%, unemployment was about 15%, home mortgages were 18-20%, car loans were 25% and we were just coming out of stagflation. That sucked all around. Sucked. But cars were super cheap….

Old 04-04-2022, 04:19 PM
ScottM is on a distinguished road
When you dump $6.7T USD into the economy then that money has to go somewhere.
Assets are ripe for inflation under these situations.
you should buy what you want and make sure you can live with it for 10 years.

BTW, there are experts who have been claiming alarms on a bubble for over 10 years now. That is not an expert IMHO

Old 04-05-2022, 07:38 AM
What's more interesting to me is how luxury assets have skyrocketed much more than every other sector. Rolex watches, high end cars, are all being priced almost 75-100% higher in some regards. It's asinine. Makes me wonder about all the PPP money and if there's any correlation.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 1.00 average.

Quick Reply: Anyone else agree, current Pcar prices