2012 Chevrolet Corvette Grand Sport Centennial Edition Coupe 3LT 6-speed

Clean title; no accidents; clean Carfax
2 owners
~38k miles
3LT trim w/Centennial Edition package
6-speed manual
Located in southwest Connecticut
$39,999

For sale is my 2012 Corvette Centennial Edition Grand Sport Coupe 3LT. I purchased this car from Bill Stasek Chevrolet in Wheeling, IL which took the vehicle in on trade. I am the second owner. I have put ~4,000 miles on the car since taking ownership; current mileage is ~38,000 and will rise as it is my daily driver. This Corvette is in excellent condition with no issues whatsoever.

In terms of the condition of the car: it is in genuinely excellent condition, both cosmetically and mechanically. When I picked it up from the dealership it could have passed for a new car aside from *minor* wear on the outside bolster of the seat from the prior owner. There are no blemishes on the wheels (zero curb rash), no scratches or dings in the paint, etc. There is one small scratch on the driver side of the roof above the weatherstripping where the window meets the roof (see pictures), but other than that the car is close to perfect. Mechanically: it’s in excellent shape. The motor runs as if new and the clutch grabs where it should. The brakes were replaced by the dealer prior to them selling the car to me, so as you can imagine since they’re still basically brand new, they show no signs of wear. Likewise, the tires are in excellent condition as well and show no signs of wear. As a whole, it would be easy to believe that the car has less than one tenth the mileage that shows on the odometer. Everything on the car works exactly as it should. I have a second key for the car, along with a car cover that came with the vehicle when I bought it.

The Centennial Edition package on this car includes some features and niceties that make it just that much more special than a standard Grand Sport. Among these are the Carbon Flash Metallic paint (black with a metallic flake), flat black ghost stripes, black wheels, red calipers, 100th Anniversary logos (B-pillars, seats, steering wheel, center caps, Corvette wings), leather seats with “Microfiber” suede (alcantara) inserts, alcantara touch points (center console, shift ****, steering wheel, doors), red stitching across the seats/dash/doors and throughout the interior, black Corvette emblems, and so on. This car is also equipped with the F55 magnetic dual-mode ride selector suspension (Tour/Sport), transparent removable roof, touch-screen navigation, Bose stereo, Bluetooth, Heads Up Display, heated/powered sport seats (with power lumbar and bolster adjustments), and so on. Aside from the added leather dash cover of the 4LT trim this car is as fully loaded as it gets. Like other Grand Sports it has the dry sump oil system, “hand-built” LS3, beefed up gearbox, and wide fenders. This is “the complete package” as far as Grand Sports-- and C6 Corvettes with removable roofs-- go.

The only aftermarket modification present is a Corsa exhaust which was on the car when I bought it. There is a clear bra across the front end to protect the paint from rock chips (this was also on the car when I bought it) and a ProClip phone mount but otherwise the car is as stock and unmolested as the day it left the factory. Prior to taking delivery the dealer installed new brakes on all four corners and the Michelin Pilot Sport ZP tires are very new as well (I was told they were replaced last summer by the previous owner).

You’re probably asking why I’m selling a Corvette-- and one in such great shape and so great to drive and look at-- so soon after buying it. In short, it has become very apparent very quickly that despite how badly I want it to be, Corvette ownership is simply not for me. I’m looking to get back into something more conducive to my lifestyle and that I can drive year-round even through New England snowstorms. Since purchasing the Corvette I have spent more time taking care of and worrying about it than I have gotten back from it in driving enjoyment, and it just doesn’t deserve a life like this. It’s an amazing car and is the “ultimate targa C6” in my eyes but it just isn’t “right for me,” so I can’t justify keeping a car like this long-term if I’m not enjoying it all the time. My truck also needs some money/time invested and the Corvette is only interfering with that, so all signs point to me selling it. I would consider trades for a 5th-gen 4Runner Trail/TRD Off-Road/TRD Pro.

My asking price for the Corvette reflects market value and getting back what I paid for it; I’m not looking to make any money on this, but do want to see it go to a good, loving home.

Miscellaneous items of note:
-I can provide pictures and video of anything specific upon request. I will happily respond to any/all questions as soon as possible so as to help the sale process.
-Pictures do not do the paint-- or the car-- justice. In person it is absolutely stunning.
-I do owe money on the vehicle but can arrange to have the loan released upon transfer of payment. Payment needs to be in the form of a wire transfer, bank check, certified check, etc; I need to see the money in my account before releasing the title. I’ve been burned before and do not want to be in that position again.
-I am willing to drive a reasonable distance to deliver the car, or can make myself available for it to be picked up by a carrier service. Likewise, I can pick a buyer up at any of the airports local to where I live or work. I flew to Chicago to buy this car and am willing to expend some effort on my end to ensure a smooth sale process.
-I’m repeating myself at this point, but this Corvette truly is in excellent condition. It’s a spectacular car to look at and even better to drive. I would love to keep it but it doesn’t suit my lifestyle anywhere near as well as I thought/hoped it would and as such it needs to go. I hope for nothing but that it ends up in the hands of an owner who can appreciate it and enjoy it to the fullest.

Send me a PM or an email at roody25@optonline.net for more information or to ask questions, request pictures, etc. I will get back to you as soon as I can. Or, you can send me your cell phone number and I will text you.

Cliff notes:
2012 Centennial Edition Grand Sport Coupe 3LT w/6-speed manual transmission
$39,999
Clean title
2 owners
Located in Connecticut-- but willing to drive a reasonable distance
Carbon Flash Metallic paint; black/ebony interior
Immaculate condition
Corsa exhaust, ProClip phone mount, clear bra; otherwise bone-stock

Thanks for looking!

Old 09-17-2018, 02:27 PM
Roody is an unknown quantity at this point