WTB: 997.2 rear OEM LED tail light

Category: Lights
Price: $1
Private or Vendor Listing: Private Listing
Part fits: Porsche 911 997 Non-Turbo
Location (State): MA
Item Condition: Brand New
Shipping Information: Item can be shipped

I inheritated a strange set-up for my 997.2 C4S 2009.
Rear left turn led is Amber and rear right turn led is Red.
I suppose Amber is OEM Europe and Red is OEM USA. I don't know about Canada or Mexico...
Anyway I look for 1) right Amber or 2) left Red, whatever comes first at max half price versus new, shipped to Boston, MA.

Old 12-31-2014, 08:00 AM
mblueracer is on a distinguished road
997.2 LED tail light adapter

Eventually I found a right OEM Euro tail light (amber turn signal instead of red USA) to match the left side (amber when I bought the car). To my surprise I realized the adapters have a small difference and would not fit. Fortunately I resolved quickly this issue by swapping the male adapter from the OEM USA tail light with new OEM Euro tail light. After opening the tail light cover (7 torx screws) it is quite easy to unplug the internal wires and remove the male connector. Internal wiring is identical from OEM USA to OEM Euro.
Other fun facts: Left amber LEDs, when off, they look yellow not white. Right red LEDs, when off, they looked yellow not white. With my new right amber LEDs, when off, they look white-transparent. You notice only looking very closely. So it means that for some reason, Porsche OEM LED bulbs for turn signal not only have 2 colors when ON , red or amber, but also could have slight color difference when OFF: yellow or white.

Old 03-18-2019, 09:40 AM
bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !
Sorry for the resurrecting this from the long-since dead.

mblueracer, I have just run into the same issue as you. A Rennlist member directed me to this thread. Purchased a set of 997.2 LED taillights that from all other accounts looks identical to the US spec lights aside from the connector. I had no idea these were Euro-spec until you enlightened me.

Do you happen to have or know the part number to the US spec connector? I'd rather buy a set of the connectors and have two full working sets of lights rather than just swapping them between lights. TIA.