Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Location (State):

Custom Getty Cup Decklid

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-03-2019, 09:28 PM
LateBraking has much to be proud ofLateBraking has much to be proud ofLateBraking has much to be proud ofLateBraking has much to be proud ofLateBraking has much to be proud ofLateBraking has much to be proud ofLateBraking has much to be proud ofLateBraking has much to be proud of
Custom Getty Cup Decklid

Category: Exterior - Body Parts
Price: $2300
Private or Vendor Listing: Private Listing
Part fits: Porsche 911 997 Turbo, Porsche 911 997 Non-Turbo
Location (State): CA
Item Condition: Used

SOLD!

Hello all,

Sorry for the length, but just including all the info I can. I have for sale a Getty decklid. This was a custom ordered part from Getty, and as far as I am aware, is only one of two out there which were ordered at the same time. The outside as you can see is a 997.1 GT3 Cup decklid, but is running the larger GT3 RSR intake air scoops. The inside of the decklid is from a 997.2 Turbo, and mates up to any 997.2 Turbo intake, 997.2 GT3 RS intake, or 997.2 Cup intake. (AFAIK the only difference between 997.2 GT3 RS intake and 997.2 Cup intake is aesthetics, and the turbo intake is different due to turbo air routing but mates to the decklid the same as the other two.) The wing blade is Getty as well, but the uprights are actually OEM Porsche Motorsports cup car uprights. I had this setup because I have a 997.1 GT3 and wanted to be aesthetically period-correct at the time, but I have a 3.8L engine build in my car that is utilizing a 997.2 Cup intake.

Fitment was pretty good for me, a note of caution is to not lower the decklid too far when installing/adjusting fit. The OEM cup uprights run downwards aggressively into the rear decklid cavity and then the uprights may make contact with the car's taillight black strip thing or the car itself if that's pushed down too far, like it did for me. The body shop that installed it for me originally did not check this clearance, and my shop had to raise it a few millimeters afterwards for clearance's sake. Have any body shop that is doing the install for you check the clearance of the cup racing uprights before slamming the decklid shut.

The endplates currently installed on the wing are custom made, hand-crafted carbon fiber with upgraded hardware, and is 1 of 2 sets out there (as far as I know) and are not included in the sale. I have included a picture of the Getty endplates that the wing originally came with, which will be what is included. If you really wanted the carbon fiber ones I can throw them in for $350, but they cost $500 to get made and I understand that most people are unwilling to pay that premium. I personally wouldn't mind keeping them to reuse for a different project. Can't seem to locate the countersunk screws for the Getty endplates but those should be fairly generic and should not be difficult for you to acquire. The GT3 badging on the trunk would also not be included and removed prior to sale as well, unless you have a GT3, in which case I will throw it in for $100. Suncoast sells the badge for $132 + shipping.

Typical 997 Cup Street decklid from Getty costs $1299, wing costs $1319. I believe the OEM 997.1 cup uprights may be no longer available for purchase, Porsche has been NLAing a lot of older car items. Can't remember what I paid for them. Getty has uprights listed for $899. I can't even find the option for the larger air scoops. Getting this setup would at least be $3517 from Getty. Selling the setup without the carbon fiber endplates and the GT3 badge for $OLD!!!!! picked up locally in 91748. At this time I can't imagine getting a box for this, nor the shipping costs associated due to the size and weight. Not sure how I could do it without sending it by freight, which would be costly. Reason for selling: I have a 997.2 GT3 RS decklid now, which is less aggressive aerodynamically and more low-key to look at. No longer have any intention to track the GT3 ever, I have an Ariel Atom for that.

As an aside, if you were interested in raising the height of the wing, I have Demon Speed Motorsports uprights that will raise the current wing. If you prefer the "RSR Anhedral" style wing that is run on 997.2 GT3 RSRs that Getty sells and wanted to buy that, or just wanted the bigger 997.2 Cup car wing, I also have Demon Speed Motorsports uprights that allow you to run 997.2 wings on this 997.1 decklid. Just future options to consider, if you do decide this decklid is right for you.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5862.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	664.2 KB
ID:	532329   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5864.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	593.8 KB
ID:	532330   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5859.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	700.8 KB
ID:	532331   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5860.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	726.5 KB
ID:	532332   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5861.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	607.5 KB
ID:	532333  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5865.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	753.4 KB
ID:	532334  

Last edited by LateBraking; 04-11-2019 at 05:13 PM.
Old 04-04-2019, 06:43 AM
boochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond repute
FWIW - Been dealing with Brian about his Getty Cup Decklid and he has been very responsive, very thorough with answers to all my questions, and honest! That's most important. If this wing was located on or near the east coast, I would have been all over it. Buy in confidence from Brian!

GLWS bud!