steven1 will become famous soon enoughsteven1 will become famous soon enough

Category: Wheels & Tires
Price: $3300
Private or Vendor Listing: Private Listing
Part fits: Porsche 911 996 Turbo
Location (State): CA
Item Condition: Used
Shipping Information: Item can be shipped

I like the idea of having real pics posted but what's to stop them from stealing someone pics from 6speed or anywhere else on the web. maybe all pics posted by members can be marked with 6speed logos. Just my thoughts

Old 07-27-2011, 05:14 PM
Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by steven1
I like the idea of having real pics posted but what's to stop them from stealing someone pics from 6speed or anywhere else on the web. maybe all pics posted by members can be marked with 6speed logos. Just my thoughts
That only goes so far. I searched 6speed and google for the pictures I was sent before I sent the money and didn't find them anywhere on the web.

Old 07-27-2011, 05:54 PM
M32911S is a splendid one to beholdM32911S is a splendid one to beholdM32911S is a splendid one to beholdM32911S is a splendid one to beholdM32911S is a splendid one to beholdM32911S is a splendid one to beholdM32911S is a splendid one to behold
Paypal is useless even when not given as a gift it seems. I did not send my payment via gift and paid using my card instead of transferring the funds from my bank account. After notifying paypal of this scammer, I contacted my credit card company as well. They gave me a temporary credit until they complete their investigation (45 days). Paypal states they cannot do anything at this point since I contacted my credit card company.

Perhaps we should require that all FS posts have not only a pic, but something written on perhaps a 3x5 card with the members name and original for sale date. This may help quite a bit but would require that the mods screen every FS thread prior to being listed.

Old 07-27-2011, 07:04 PM
jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by bbywu
Believe me, all the moderators work over time to try and screen out problem members...but here are the issues.

Most scammers create multiple accounts - until they post, I can't track down their accounts to see if they match up. But once they start posting, we can't move in unless we discover a problem post, or someone reports a problem. Unfortunately, with this person, mods were unaware until multiple users were affected.

So we limit new users - 30 days membership, 30 posts before they are allowed to start posting - this has screened out many who simply join the site to post and scam. Even doing so, a few will slip by. When we raised the membership requirements to >30 days and >30 posts, we received nothing but complaints (and a few insults) that the policy was unfair.

We are considering implementing a policy that all items require a photo to document proof that the item being sold exists...a real photo, not a stock photo from the company website.

There have been multiple threads on the News/Feedback, but limited feedback from members.

As a member here, protect yourself - do not pay via paypal "gift." Be cautious about purchasing from someone who has limited membership here. Do research on the buyer - look up what kind of posts they have made in the past. Did they join the site 3 months ago, then post 30 posts in the last 24 hours so they can start selling right away?

Most of all, inform the mods - we can shut down scammers if we know they are here.

bob

Bob,

another option is go back to the original guidelines.....100 post and 90 days.

U might get alot of flack but it might help out members in the long run.

Members should recognize that mods r tryin to protect them.

Another thought is fs posts under 60 days need 3 member referral???

its an idea........

Jim

Old 07-27-2011, 07:19 PM
SXN
SXN is a splendid one to beholdSXN is a splendid one to beholdSXN is a splendid one to beholdSXN is a splendid one to beholdSXN is a splendid one to beholdSXN is a splendid one to beholdSXN is a splendid one to behold
He pm'd me and tried to scam me into buying his exhaust.
Luckily we searched his username

Old 07-27-2011, 07:44 PM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by SXN
He pm'd me and tried to scam me into buying his exhaust.
Luckily we searched his username
I love your avatar, lol

Old 07-27-2011, 07:46 PM
M32911S is a splendid one to beholdM32911S is a splendid one to beholdM32911S is a splendid one to beholdM32911S is a splendid one to beholdM32911S is a splendid one to beholdM32911S is a splendid one to beholdM32911S is a splendid one to behold
I love your avatar, lol
+1. If I ever get a lambo I will have to sport that badge!

Old 07-27-2011, 07:49 PM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by jjc4scab
Bob,

another option is go back to the original guidelines.....100 post and 90 days.

U might get alot of flack but it might help out members in the long run.

Members should recognize that mods r tryin to protect them.

Another thought is fs posts under 60 days need 3 member referral???

its an idea........

Jim
Thanks...People get upset when I try and enforce the rules, but after being here for a few years, there is actually some logic to why the rules exist.

We were originally at 100 posts, then we dropped to 30. Maybe we should go half way. Unfortunatey, it may decrease the amount of people that have things to sell, or increase the number of "wow" "cool" single word posts.

The photo idea seems pretty good. There's also a lot of buyer beware.

Gifting a payment by paypal sets you up for getting screwed 100%.

Paypal'ing from a credit card could give you double the protection.

Any other thoughts?

Old 07-27-2011, 07:50 PM
Originally Posted by M32911S
Perhaps we should require that all FS posts have not only a pic, but something written on perhaps a 3x5 card with the members name and original for sale date. This may help quite a bit but would require that the mods screen every FS thread prior to being listed.
I don't think some people want their name out there, but original sale date a good idea.

I also thought about the seller posting their zip code, so if the sale fails, the local authorities can be contacted for mail fraud.

Old 07-27-2011, 09:52 PM
I don't think some people want their name out there, but original sale date a good idea.

I also thought about the seller posting their zip code, so if the sale fails, the local authorities can be contacted for mail fraud.
I meant member name (for ex M32911S) not actual name.

Old 07-27-2011, 09:57 PM
dhahlen Is a GOD !dhahlen Is a GOD !dhahlen Is a GOD !dhahlen Is a GOD !dhahlen Is a GOD !dhahlen Is a GOD !dhahlen Is a GOD !dhahlen Is a GOD !dhahlen Is a GOD !dhahlen Is a GOD !dhahlen Is a GOD !
Trader rating would be nice, itrader if supported, etc. It reduces the risk (somewhat), but I've been screwed several times in the past as well (not on this board). Sad that people do this crap.

Old 07-27-2011, 09:59 PM
skeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks...People get upset when I try and enforce the rules, but after being here for a few years, there is actually some logic to why the rules exist.

We were originally at 100 posts, then we dropped to 30. Maybe we should go half way. Unfortunatey, it may decrease the amount of people that have things to sell, or increase the number of "wow" "cool" single word posts.

The photo idea seems pretty good. There's also a lot of buyer beware.

Gifting a payment by paypal sets you up for getting screwed 100%.

Paypal'ing from a credit card could give you double the protection.

Any other thoughts?

I sent paypal via gift and my bank gave me my money back next day! I've learned from all this, paypal doesn't give a rats *** about you...My new rule is, I want your address, phone # and your name before I purchase from you...This way you can actual talk to the person...Most scammers will avoid giving any kind of personal info out...Thanks again Bob for all your help in this!

Old 08-03-2011, 05:04 PM
Hey quick off topic question. Somehow this thread has caused my rep power to go from the existing (I believe around 50) to zero. What's the deal? Anyone know?

Old 08-03-2011, 07:16 PM
jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by M32911S
Hey quick off topic question. Somehow this thread has caused my rep power to go from the existing (I believe around 50) to zero. What's the deal? Anyone know?

nobody loves u!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LMAO

look @ u user cp 2 c....someone negative repd u i think. if not pm a mod

Old 08-23-2011, 11:53 PM
Hey just wanted to see if everyone has gotten their money back. For whatever reason my credit card company reversed the credit they gave me when they started the investigation. I have no idea how their investigation concluded that the exhaust ogomez79 sold to me reached me. I have since replied to my CC company stating I never received the item and sent them ALL documentation I had of any communication with ogomez79, as well as the tracking number that shows shipment label created but NEVER shipped. I have been with this card company for over a decade and have never had anything like this happen before. Any ideas on what to do next?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: HRE P40 wheels 996tt