Price:

Mileage:

Location (State):

New custom 3" Exhaust Build by T3. Dynos Added. 60+ whp

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-04-2012, 01:52 PM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by jdholder
It's not stainless steel? It says right on the site "100% Stainless Steel".

I understand it being too large, but ????
Its been a while but Im pretty sure it wasn't... may be wrong.. I looked at like 10 of them ..

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Old 01-04-2012, 01:59 PM
jdholder has a reputation beyond reputejdholder has a reputation beyond reputejdholder has a reputation beyond reputejdholder has a reputation beyond reputejdholder has a reputation beyond reputejdholder has a reputation beyond reputejdholder has a reputation beyond reputejdholder has a reputation beyond reputejdholder has a reputation beyond reputejdholder has a reputation beyond reputejdholder has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by MARKSKI@911tuning
Its been a while but Im pretty sure it wasn't... may be wrong.. I looked at like 10 of them ..
These are stainless and have been for at least the last 8 years.

Jon
Director of Market Development, MagnaFlow

Old 01-04-2012, 02:09 PM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by jdholder
These are stainless and have been for at least the last 8 years.

Jon
Director of Market Development, MagnaFlow
I understand.. I recall some said mild steel, I didn't click on the link to check- doing 3 things at once..

click to view

Old 01-04-2012, 02:58 PM
pumptech has a reputation beyond reputepumptech has a reputation beyond reputepumptech has a reputation beyond reputepumptech has a reputation beyond reputepumptech has a reputation beyond reputepumptech has a reputation beyond reputepumptech has a reputation beyond reputepumptech has a reputation beyond reputepumptech has a reputation beyond reputepumptech has a reputation beyond reputepumptech has a reputation beyond repute
Yeh vibrant has some good stuff for sure! Particularly the hard to find stuff seems they always have it, and other places selling are getting from them anyway! A well done prefabbed X has been a challenge and IMO doesnt exist! I will be copying markski's X to some extent but will be using a 3" donut from prowerks that I will cut in half and butt together.

Originally Posted by prodigymb
Originally Posted by pumptech
Doing a custom 3 inch myself. Well I'm not doing it my buddy "the welder" is. I just drew the plans and bought the parts. Should be getting started in next week or 2. Using some vibrant parts myself.
definetly seems like vibrant is where it's for custom system. i've been hearing a lot of good things from people in the industry. i am actually surprised that that many gusy here know about it...

i got some other projects in the works , next season should be fun.

Old 01-04-2012, 03:09 PM
Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !
I like it too. How about adding about 1-1.5 inches between the two halves to open up the cross section a bit.

Old 01-04-2012, 05:00 PM
Basic Sponsor
[QUOTE=prodigymb;3416564]yeah they were nice, plus Mike@T3 welded all the seems since they are just rolled and welded in some places. i believe they are larger then what Markski uses since they are oval canisters and not can resonators. there are a handful good fabricators out here that i am on good terms with, Mike got skils and so far everything looks good.

Here are few cell phone pics of the wider opening reducing to 3" as well as flanges etc...

Not to steal the thread,but since you referenced our mufflers, just wanted to make it clear that we have custom rolled 4.5" bodies which then get put together with different center cores( louvered or perforated, 2.5" or 3"OD, steel wool or other patented material used for packing- not ours of course). We build then per client as they do not all flow nor sound the same... thats why it's nice to make them because it gives us flexibility... Ours are 10" long.... we could have made them 5" OD but that would hang a bit low to my liking....
here is pic of the various ODs and cores we use along with the rolled 4.5" body...
Im sure you will like the system being built for you...

click to view

Old 01-05-2012, 07:49 AM
Basic Sponsor
Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by MARKSKI@911tuning
Not to steal the thread,but since you referenced our mufflers
Mark - all I referenced was external dimensions. These are bigger on the outside. I am not sure why you feel the need to defend your product and advertise it in another exhaust thread just because it looks somewhat similar to yours. Everyone knows your exhuast and other products are top notch (i use the Markski 850hp fueling system on my car) and if they wanted to read more about the mufflers you are using/ how they are made, they can surely do that on your website. Just common courtesy.

997TT SlowBerry - 205.0 mph 1/2 Mile WR Nov 2018, 9.7 @ 170 mph 1/4 Mile , 3.2 60-130 mph , 2.4 100-150 mph , 1420whp E85
ESMOTOR | DO88 | TPC DSC | SYVECS | COBB | IPD | KLINE | XONA | AMS | ID | ERP | SACHS | TURBOSMART | CSF | DODSON |
Old 01-05-2012, 09:02 AM
Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !
Mark - all I referenced was external dimensions. These are bigger on the outside. I am not sure why you feel the need to defend your product and advertise it in another exhaust thread just because it looks somewhat similar to yours. Everyone knows your exhuast and other products are top notch (i use the Markski 850hp fueling system on my car) and if they wanted to read more about the mufflers you are using/ how they are made, they can surely do that on your website. Just common courtesy.
Wow. Mark, really chill out dude. In any case that style has been used by many people. I think GMG was the first to sell it mass production for the N/A motors. Make a muffler?? I make them too.. I make them appear at my door when I call burns stainless!!!! Really who would make a muffler? Waste of time IMHO

Old 01-05-2012, 09:10 AM
[quote=MARKSKI@911tuning;3417020]
yeah they were nice, plus Mike@T3 welded all the seems since they are just rolled and welded in some places. i believe they are larger then what Markski uses since they are oval canisters and not can resonators. there are a handful good fabricators out here that i am on good terms with, Mike got skils and so far everything looks good.

Here are few cell phone pics of the wider opening reducing to 3" as well as flanges etc...

Not to steal the thread,but since you referenced our mufflers, just wanted to make it clear that we have custom rolled 4.5" bodies which then get put together with different center cores( louvered or perforated, 2.5" or 3"OD, steel wool or other patented material used for packing- not ours of course). We build then per client as they do not all flow nor sound the same... thats why it's nice to make them because it gives us flexibility... Ours are 10" long.... we could have made them 5" OD but that would hang a bit low to my liking....
here is pic of the various ODs and cores we use along with the rolled 4.5" body...
Im sure you will like the system being built for you...

Should I become a fortune teller. "I can see something wait... wait... Its getting clearer.. There it is post#4"

Old 01-05-2012, 01:47 PM
Did you think of what type of tips you are going the make? I seen a car today with carbon fiber tips. just saying. I am a raw stainless guy, like the golden color it turns.

Old 01-05-2012, 02:22 PM
Basic Sponsor
Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Tim941NYC
Did you think of what type of tips you are going the make? I seen a car today with carbon fiber tips. just saying. I am a raw stainless guy, like the golden color it turns.
we were going to use slanted 3" pipe but it looks too small in the opening. so then we thought of doing ovaled 4" pipe but that didn't look so hot either. i think we settle on modifying and cutting the stock tip to accept 3" pipe without a reducer..... goal is to have an unrestricted 3" all the way thru. powdercoat black chrome. so thats the plan. we'll see how it turns out

997TT SlowBerry - 205.0 mph 1/2 Mile WR Nov 2018, 9.7 @ 170 mph 1/4 Mile , 3.2 60-130 mph , 2.4 100-150 mph , 1420whp E85
ESMOTOR | DO88 | TPC DSC | SYVECS | COBB | IPD | KLINE | XONA | AMS | ID | ERP | SACHS | TURBOSMART | CSF | DODSON |
Old 01-05-2012, 02:50 PM
pumptech has a reputation beyond reputepumptech has a reputation beyond reputepumptech has a reputation beyond reputepumptech has a reputation beyond reputepumptech has a reputation beyond reputepumptech has a reputation beyond reputepumptech has a reputation beyond reputepumptech has a reputation beyond reputepumptech has a reputation beyond reputepumptech has a reputation beyond reputepumptech has a reputation beyond repute
I Have a 3 to 4 inch reducer from I believe vibrant. Not on car yet but looks great on kitchen counter!

Old 01-05-2012, 02:56 PM
winnigt2 has a reputation beyond reputewinnigt2 has a reputation beyond reputewinnigt2 has a reputation beyond reputewinnigt2 has a reputation beyond reputewinnigt2 has a reputation beyond reputewinnigt2 has a reputation beyond reputewinnigt2 has a reputation beyond reputewinnigt2 has a reputation beyond reputewinnigt2 has a reputation beyond reputewinnigt2 has a reputation beyond reputewinnigt2 has a reputation beyond repute
[QUOTE=MARKSKI@911tuning;3417020][QUOTE=prodigymb;3416564]

we could have made them 5" OD but that would hang a bit low to my liking..

i agree

he hang down in the rear for my understanding is not realy good for aerodynamik in the rear... with aerodynamic aspects at development the muffler system made 2 things advantages in one

Old 01-05-2012, 03:05 PM
Nikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant future
I am pretty confident you guys are reading way into Markski's comments here. His system was referenced and he clarified - that's all. I don't think either comment was justified considering the wealth of information he provides on here. I saw it that way and I don't even own any 911 Tuning parts.

Old 01-05-2012, 03:28 PM
Basic Sponsor
I think your reading too much into it... you referenced my exhaust as being smaller etc.- as "can resonators" which they are not. I wanted to show you and readers what they were... sorry maybe I should have pm-ed you or emailed. ... Im not mad nor angry nor trying to promote my product- you referenced my mufflers without knowing what OD and structure is- I think I can clarify that right? If you referred to my exhaust I guess I can mention that I responded to at least 10 emails and 10 texts helping you find the boost leaks and error codes- including looking at the videos and pics at no cost to you .... am I missing something here? we all on the same team?

click to view

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: New custom 3" Exhaust Build by T3. Dynos Added. 60+ whp