Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Location (State):

FS: VF Supercharger

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-25-2013, 10:57 PM
CarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant future
FS: Porsche 996/997 VF Supercharger

Category: Accessories
Price: $3300
Private or Vendor Listing: Private Listing
Part fits: Porsche 911 997 Non-Turbo
Location (State): CA
Item Condition: Used
Shipping Information: Item can be shipped

The system was bought new in March 2011 and has less than 5k easy miles on it. No track days. I dyno'ed 430hp to the rear wheels on a mustang dyno on a 997.1 C2S. The system will fit any 997.1 Carrera, C4 or C4S. Price is $3300 + SHIPPING (retails for over $8,000). I'm selling because it voids my aftermarket warranty. For anyone local (or willing to make the drive), my shop will do the install for $1,500. It's usually $2,000-2,500. They are a very reputable shop that has known and worked with VF since they started.

For any questions please pm or email me (email is better)

EDIT: You must have VF retune your ECU, I can not give the buyer my ECU. A tune from VF is an additional $1,200...

ctkihara@yahoo.com

Additional pics of the system

This groove in the picture above was due to the blowers positioning in the car. Something VF has apparently seen a lot of with their kit because of the tight fitment. Because the fitment was too close it had been rubbing against the rear frame

When I contacted VF worried about this grooving, here is what one of their techs Jeff Moss sent me back, "It is up to the installer to determine clearance. If that particular car is too close, the engine mount can be shimmed, or a clearance dent can be made in the chassis. If the groove is not all the way through or cracked, it should be OK to use." I assure any potential buyer the groove is not cracked and no where near all the way through.

Thanks guys!

Attached Images         

Last edited by CarNerd; 06-25-2013 at 11:31 AM.
Old 01-27-2013, 07:39 AM
White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !
pics? how did it compare to your 996 turbo/GT3?

Old 01-27-2013, 10:37 AM
CarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by White Rock
pics? how did it compare to your 996 turbo/GT3?
I'm actually still working on getting the system off the car. In terms of power its very close to my 996 turbo with a tune but much more linear. Much faster than my 6 GT3. Thanks

Old 01-28-2013, 07:37 AM
Beer brewer is on a distinguished road
Arrgg, why can't this be for sale when I get my bonus in April?!!!

GLWS!

Forgot - a question: how many shop hours is this to install, assuming it's by an indie mechanic familiar with Porsches?

Old 01-28-2013, 11:58 AM
wearegiant is on a distinguished road
ooooo.. What area in the bay area you?

Old 01-30-2013, 11:08 AM
Originally Posted by wearegiant
ooooo.. What area in the bay area you?
El Sobrante. Thanks!

Old 01-30-2013, 11:09 AM
Originally Posted by Beer brewer
Arrgg, why can't this be for sale when I get my bonus in April?!!!

GLWS!

Forgot - a question: how many shop hours is this to install, assuming it's by an indie mechanic familiar with Porsches?
Just ask for an advance

Depending on the mechanic, it should take about 15-18 hrs.

Old 01-30-2013, 11:46 AM
White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by CarNerd
Just ask for an advance

Depending on the mechanic, it should take about 15-18 hrs.

I was quoted $2,000 for a new kit and $2,500 for used on the install from a reputable indy.

Old 01-30-2013, 11:48 AM
I was quoted $2,000 for a new kit and $2,500 for used on the install from a reputable indy.
That sound right. Interesting why a used kit takes an additional 4 hours? Did he or she say why?

Edit: I spoke with my Indy who will be removing the SC and he said they are willing to do it for $1500 if anyone is local. Shop is dynospot in San Jose. Thanks guys!

Last edited by CarNerd; 01-30-2013 at 12:02 PM.
Old 01-30-2013, 12:03 PM
Originally Posted by CarNerd
That sound right. Interesting why a used kit takes an additional 4 hours? Did he or she say why?

Edit: I spoke with my Indy who will be removing the SC and he said they are willing to do it for $1500 if anyone is local. Shop is dynospot in San Jose. Thanks guys!
My guess was to completely service the system prior to installation.

Old 01-30-2013, 12:05 PM
onefastman1 is a name known to allonefastman1 is a name known to allonefastman1 is a name known to allonefastman1 is a name known to allonefastman1 is a name known to allonefastman1 is a name known to all
I wish I were local!

Old 01-30-2013, 03:37 PM
wearegiant is on a distinguished road
I'm tempted..... VERY TEMPTED. When are you scheduling to have this removed?

(My GF lives in San Jose) -- Good excuse to take a nice road trip.. hrm.

Old 01-30-2013, 03:57 PM
Originally Posted by wearegiant
I'm tempted..... VERY TEMPTED. When are you scheduling to have this removed?

(My GF lives in San Jose) -- Good excuse to take a nice road trip.. hrm.
I was planning to have them remove it in the next week but I can schedule around when ever you want to come up.

It's definitely a good excuse.

Old 01-30-2013, 04:10 PM
My guess was to completely service the system prior to installation.
I just spoke with my Indy who will be removing the SC and he confirmed that normally with a used system they quote an additional 2-3 hours for servicing and adjusting the system but he said because they are the ones that will be removing it, they know what they will be working with and can accordingly do it for anyone local for $1500 as a special price.

Last edited by CarNerd; 01-31-2013 at 04:14 PM.
Old 02-01-2013, 10:29 AM
trenddy996 is on a distinguished road
v1,2,3?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: FS: VF Supercharger