Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Location (State):

F/S-Stock 997/987 Shift tower

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-09-2008, 06:34 PM
porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !
F/S-Stock 997/987 Shift tower

Category: Accessories
Price: $0
Private or Vendor Listing: Private Listing
Location (State): CO
Item Condition: Used
Shipping Information: Item can be shipped

**SOLD**
I am selling a stock 997/987 shift tower, with adjustment tool. As I understand, many are installing these in 996 models for a better shift feel. I am not going to claim it to be a shorter shift, but some have felt that way. Part number 997.424.010.00

Edit: Links discussing this upgrade:
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ight=997+shift
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...d.php?t=112070
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...T3+shifter+997

Last edited by porschespeeddemon; 11-27-2012 at 07:26 PM. Reason: pic
Old 04-14-2008, 08:21 PM
porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !
Shifter from orignal post has been sold, however I have another. Shifter with adjustment tool. Same price as above. Thanks.

Old 04-15-2008, 01:55 PM
Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !
this will work on a 2004 C4S? this is Shoter Shifter than a stock 996 Right?

Old 04-15-2008, 07:25 PM
Originally Posted by Zookie
this will work on a 2004 C4S? this is Shoter Shifter than a stock 996 Right?
Yes, will work in 996C4S. I wouldnt say it is shorter, but based on the people who have done this mod in the links above, many feel as though it is "smoother" than a 996 stock shifter. It is not a short shifter.

Old 04-15-2008, 08:57 PM
blinkwatt is on a distinguished road
Yes it is shorter,by about 10%-15%.

I have two 997 shifters,one my 01' 996 and 01' 986 S,GREAT ADDITION!

Old 04-20-2008, 04:48 PM
Originally Posted by blinkwatt
Yes it is shorter,by about 10%-15%.

I have two 997 shifters,one my 01' 996 and 01' 986 S,GREAT ADDITION!
Thanks for the information, nice to hear from someone who has done this. Sounds like a worthwhile mod. Still available, may also be a second available if interested, PM me. Thanks.

Old 04-21-2008, 09:43 AM
Steve B in SD is on a distinguished road
Hi
I'm interested in the shifter, but have one question on the part number.
Any idea what the difference is between the 997-424-010 and 997-424-983?
Thanks
Steve

Attached Images  
Old 04-21-2008, 06:41 PM
Originally Posted by Steve B in SD
Hi
I'm interested in the shifter, but have one question on the part number.
Any idea what the difference is between the 997-424-010 and 997-424-983?
Thanks
Steve
The 424-010 number is the stock shift tower that many are putting in 996s for a better, and slightly shorter shift throw. the 424-983 number is the actual OEM bolt in short shift kit.

Old 07-26-2008, 01:32 PM
I have one more of these available if anyone is still interested and looking for one, comes with calibration tool for correct installation.

Old 07-30-2008, 10:57 PM
Gilles is on a distinguished road
with calibration tool?

Originally Posted by porschespeeddem
comes with calibration tool for correct installation.
Would be possible for you to post a picture of the calibration tool?
I installed the OEM short shifter on my 987 CS and somehow the adjustment is not 100% accurate.
Thank you, Gilles

Old 07-31-2008, 06:08 AM
Shift tower has been sold but I will try and get a picture of the tool used. I dont have a camera at the moment but new one should be here today.

Old 08-01-2008, 07:49 AM
Gilles is on a distinguished road
centering tool..?

Originally Posted by porschespeeddem
Shift tower has been sold but I will try and get a picture of the tool used. I dont have a camera at the moment but new one should be here today.
Hello porschespeeddem;
Is the centering tool, the blue plastic thingy that keeps the lever centered (on the original piture?). If so, I assumed (incorrectly) that this part was only used to protect the shifter assy. during shipment

Last edited by Gilles; 08-01-2008 at 07:54 AM.
Old 08-18-2012, 06:01 PM
Have one more of these available.

Old 11-23-2012, 07:10 PM
Bump! Comes with adjustment tool.

Old 11-24-2012, 08:56 AM
lowpue has much to be proud oflowpue has much to be proud oflowpue has much to be proud oflowpue has much to be proud oflowpue has much to be proud oflowpue has much to be proud oflowpue has much to be proud oflowpue has much to be proud oflowpue has much to be proud of
I am interested in the 997 shifter for my 996....can you post picture of what I would be buying.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: F/S-Stock 997/987 Shift tower