Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Location (State):

Fs: My car has been stolen, warning for stolen parts on ebay craigslist etc

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-06-2010, 08:30 AM
NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !

Category: Accessories
Price: $1
Private or Vendor Listing: Private Listing
Part fits: Porsche 911 996 Non-Turbo
Location (State): CA
Item Condition: Used
Shipping Information: Item can be shipped

Thats what I'm saying. The way I understand it, the key has a capsule in it that needs to be coded to the car. Ask that the shops that have done work check the records of the computers for your IPAS codes based off the VIN.. or if anyone is 1 shy in their inventory of 996 keys.

Old 05-07-2010, 08:28 AM
MrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by NOLA911
Thats what I'm saying. The way I understand it, the key has a capsule in it that needs to be coded to the car. Ask that the shops that have done work check the records of the computers for your IPAS codes based off the VIN.. or if anyone is 1 shy in their inventory of 996 keys.
Done.

Old 05-07-2010, 10:28 PM
sc_trojan has a spectacular aura aboutsc_trojan has a spectacular aura about
hmmm, I live 5 miles from you, tell them to steal my 996tt so I can collect insurance

wow, I find it hard for them to steal the car because of the immoblizer in the key......

there are always ways to bypass the immoblizer, but they have to know what they are doing. it definitely isn't a random act. It has to be planned.

I live 5 miles from you in the south bay as well. Tell the crooks to steal my car so I can collect on the insurance as well..... with most used cars, I know I can get more from the insurance company than dumping it at manheim or trading it in.......

hope the insurance company doesn't give you the run around for too long.

I got a 2003 996tt with alpha turbos, meth kit, 19" 997 wheels, sports seats that I can sell you......

Old 05-08-2010, 03:37 AM
trackjunkie is infamous around these parts
not sure if you can get full coverage with a salvaged car...sorry to hear, I hate reading this type of stuff

Old 05-08-2010, 05:31 AM
NathanialHale is on a distinguished road
Hope you get it resolved soonest...

Old 05-08-2010, 08:55 AM
Hogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by NathanialHale
Hope you get it resolved soonest...
His only regret is he had but 1 Porsche to drive in his country.

Old 05-08-2010, 10:49 AM
riverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud of
What a drag, sorry to hear about this loss. I was hoping, as I read along, that you got it back. I had a car stolen once and two days later it reappeared in about the same area, with no apparent damage, just a missing stereo and a few extra miles. Hoping your story turns out on the good side as well, John

Old 05-08-2010, 03:49 PM
Axeman has a spectacular aura aboutAxeman has a spectacular aura aboutAxeman has a spectacular aura about
Was the car garaged when stolen or parked on the street?

Old 05-08-2010, 06:15 PM
Dreamliner is on a distinguished road
Damn that stinks, man. I hope you catch the thief!

Old 05-08-2010, 07:16 PM
akw_toronto is a name known to allakw_toronto is a name known to allakw_toronto is a name known to allakw_toronto is a name known to allakw_toronto is a name known to allakw_toronto is a name known to all
That sucks man. It was a nice ride.

Maybe a vehicle recovery system is in order? http://www.lojack.com/

It might not have been any use if they knew how to come in and take it without waking you.

Old 05-09-2010, 07:54 AM
JB Lifeguard Is a GOD !JB Lifeguard Is a GOD !JB Lifeguard Is a GOD !JB Lifeguard Is a GOD !JB Lifeguard Is a GOD !JB Lifeguard Is a GOD !JB Lifeguard Is a GOD !JB Lifeguard Is a GOD !JB Lifeguard Is a GOD !JB Lifeguard Is a GOD !JB Lifeguard Is a GOD !
bump

Old 05-09-2010, 09:29 AM
Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by akw_toronto
That sucks man. It was a nice ride.

Maybe a vehicle recovery system is in order? http://www.lojack.com/

It might not have been any use if they knew how to come in and take it without waking you.
That is a possibility. However if optioned with the "Early Warning" system, a motion sensor that didn't detect the key fob would have activated the LoJack homing signal.

They had about 14? years of success prior to that system though.

Old 05-10-2010, 09:04 AM
MrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by riverflyer
What a drag, sorry to hear about this loss. I was hoping, as I read along, that you got it back. I had a car stolen once and two days later it reappeared in about the same area, with no apparent damage, just a missing stereo and a few extra miles. Hoping your story turns out on the good side as well, John
Thanks, I hope so too!!!

Axeman: It was in a underground garage.

Updating to ask everyone to stay on it, pls and thanks sooo much for continued support. This car is a very very special one with not much completely OEM (except engine really).

Police are taking big interest most likely due to evidence found and guess they think this is a good possibility to solve.

VERY difficult car to part out and nearly impossible to try to re-sell with new ID.

Law enforcement is greatly helped if we keep suppressing any attempts to move/sell any parts, or move the car. It's a notorious car to appear on a street, in a shop, on a trailer and big risk.

The more pressure we can all put by searching for parts and especially anything related to a 996TT engine being sold, we're buying time to find the car and find out who took it.

Thx soo much again for continued support!!

Last edited by MrWhite; 05-10-2010 at 09:06 AM.
Old 05-11-2010, 10:28 AM
A lot of people are looking for parts.
The police are following some leads and guess they are routinely shaking some trees.

So far a lot in this discussion here has been concerning how the car could possibly be taken.

Here's something I'd like to ask at this point:

- Where is the car at this point? (some shop - if so which shop? in the harbor - nobody's going to ship a car like this alone - and shipping a bunch of stolen cars is not an easy task)

Who would be the intended/specific buyer of my car / parts?
Which parts have any significant value, worth taking the risk with a car like this?

Old 05-11-2010, 11:01 AM
seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !
You're going to make yourself crazy over this. Did you have theft insurance on the car? If so, the sooner the cops declare it gone, the sooner you get paid. A LOT of stolen cars get driven right on to containers and shipped to either Russia or Asia, even more with high-end cars. Unfortunately, in your case, it's pretty easy to get stolen containers out of this country. Customs is spending their time preventing things from coming in.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Fs: My car has been stolen, warning for stolen parts on ebay craigslist etc