Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Location (State):

Fs: My car has been stolen, warning for stolen parts on ebay craigslist etc

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-08-2010, 05:43 PM
MrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond repute

Category: Accessories
Price: $1
Private or Vendor Listing: Private Listing
Part fits: Porsche 911 996 Non-Turbo
Location (State): CA
Item Condition: Used
Shipping Information: Item can be shipped

Gone through all possible leads, The shops it was at are all high reputation, if any of them did it it's nothing I can dig further on, only detectives can pull up reports from other stolen cars and see if there's a "hub"... (meaning a place other cars visited too, that later on got stolen).

Old 11-17-2010, 04:43 AM
finanplnr22 is on a distinguished road
This makes me sad that with all of the technology we have today that the police can't seem to find one car.

Old 11-17-2010, 06:53 AM
Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by finanplnr22
This makes me sad that with all of the technology we have today that the police can't seem to find one car.
The car needs the technology to track too. i.e. LoJack, GPS, etc.

Old 11-18-2010, 02:22 PM
SRISER has a spectacular aura aboutSRISER has a spectacular aura aboutSRISER has a spectacular aura about
Bump

Old 12-06-2010, 04:49 PM
MrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond repute
Thx SRISER!

Old 12-06-2010, 07:38 PM
ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Deuuuce
The car needs the technology to track too. i.e. LoJack, GPS, etc.
If you have NAV, you have GPS but I don't know how you could identify the particular receiver.

SAT radio could be different because I believe it has to send its ID back for verification in order to decode the signal. MrWhite, did you have SAT radio? It could be an avenue to explore if you did.

You didn't by any chance leave your sim in the PCM? You could track it that way.

Old 12-06-2010, 07:42 PM
PCM have serial numbers and even if those are removed they can only be used with a certain PIN, so knowing the PIN you can figure it out if someone sells one and got the PIN thru inside job.

Old 12-06-2010, 11:03 PM
ard
ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by finanplnr22
t the police can't seem to find one car.
Maybe mention Julian Assange was last seen driving it, you'll have it by Friday....

Old 12-07-2010, 07:22 AM
Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ruf_turbo
If you have NAV, you have GPS but I don't know how you could identify the particular receiver.

SAT radio could be different because I believe it has to send its ID back for verification in order to decode the signal. MrWhite, did you have SAT radio? It could be an avenue to explore if you did.

You didn't by any chance leave your sim in the PCM? You could track it that way.
True but it has to transmit, not just receive. If the infrastructure isn't set up for tracking, it would take some serious intervention to do it.

Old 12-07-2010, 07:58 AM
seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ruf_turbo
SAT radio could be different because I believe it has to send its ID back for verification in order to decode the signal.

Unfortunately, in this case, the technology doesn't work that way. All a Sat Radio does is receive a signal from space. All decoding is done by the service provider. Basically, when you turn the radio on, it waits for a broadcast (at some point) of radio ID numbers that are eligible to receive a signal. If that ID number is in there, it unlocks itself. Existing satelite transmission technology makes two way communication extremely problematic and expensive. (Not to mention that you'd need a big dish in your car to send a signal to space.) That's why services like OnStar make outgoing connections over a cellular network. Best of luck finding the car, though I wouldn't let it eat you up. Exotics normally wind up in a container headed for Russia or Asia, because they can't be resold in the US. (In parts or as a whole car.)

Old 01-04-2011, 03:03 AM
Playersexpress is on a distinguished road
So any new leads? I know the feeling of loss.... I had my boxster vandalized in my best friends driveway last memorial day at 2am. We came back from good ole white castles and a white sebring pulled a Uturn once I went past it, followed us into the neighborhood but turned the opposite way down the street. We didnt think anything of it because other 20 somethings lived down that way. (I live in an affluent all white neighborhood with several other P-car owners) Came out half an hour later to $23,000 in damage.... $5k aftermarket system stolen/ knifed, every interior panel and seat knifed. They knifed the top and opened the doors. I had my alarm turned off It was a total loss by insurance. The sentimental value of the car and the loss and violation of it still lingers...every time I look in the garage and see my 996.... I miss the 986.

That was the long winded version of.... BUMP

Old 01-08-2011, 01:16 PM
Thx for the bump.

Ppl be aware when you pick up any used parts mentioned in my signature, question where they came from, ask to see receipts etc. If it doesn't seem legit let me know. Thx for keeping your eyes open!

Old 01-18-2011, 11:29 AM
Hey all, it seems the swine who stole my car may have started to part out, either just the mods or also rest of the car. More than likely if they started stripping the car will be totally stripped so look also for interior etc.

Some parts have turned up that fit what I had all too well.

Keep eyes open!

GMG cage
KW coilovers w blue swift springs
Rotec seats, alcantara/leather with silver stichting
Schroth belts
Eibach Racing swaybars
Custom exhaust (Afterhours with small cans and race cats)
GT2 intercoolers (have sharipe text on them saying a 996 part number)
GT2 wheels w or w/out Hankook rubber.

A whole car with fishy story, or OE parts with fishy story.
Black interior with silver accents/center console.
Bose subwoofer. PCM1 headunit.