Location (State):

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

FS: Jon Pratkanis' 1997 Turbo Supra! 28,440 Miles! 1500hp! 8 Second Street Monster!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-25-2009, 10:38 PM
raj1 is on a distinguished road
incredible car

Old 03-27-2009, 01:32 AM
Daywalker is on a distinguished road
Nice supra, shoot me a pm.

Old 03-31-2009, 01:02 AM
cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !
lotsa bang for the buck, one bad ride!

Old 05-17-2009, 10:26 AM
SteelCitySupra can only hope to improve
Price lowered

Old 05-17-2009, 10:47 AM
chautofu is on a distinguished road
I so miss my Supra T

Been out of speed for a while now, I can't imagine 1300+ Hp when my 95 Supra T was insane to hook up back in the days and only had a about half the horses.
A true beauty and if I was in the market for a low mi import that would be it.
GL with sale

Old 05-17-2009, 11:55 PM
Thanks, times have changed in the Supra world.

Old 05-19-2009, 12:17 PM
Rosspbig is on a distinguished road
What is the highest HP it puts down with 93 octane pump gas?

Old 05-19-2009, 12:51 PM
motorsports3 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Rosspbig
What is the highest HP it puts down with 93 octane pump gas?
Who cares? Would you really risk a $50k engine setup to save a few bucks a gallon running 93?

Old 05-19-2009, 01:10 PM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by motorsports3
Who cares? Would you really risk a $50k engine setup to save a few bucks a gallon running 93?
What if you would like to sport around town at 700 rwhp for a few days and not have to spend $12 a gallon on gas? I would also like to know if the car can be run on low boost on pump gas.

I only run race gas when I am looking at some sort of racing situation. Even so I still spend over 2K per year on race gas.

Last edited by Dr_jitsu; 05-19-2009 at 01:16 PM.
Old 05-19-2009, 01:14 PM
Thumbs down

Its not about saving a few bucks on gas. There are very few places near me that sell 104 or 116 octane race gas. If i wanted to drive this car on a daily basis, It would be run on pump gas, and low boost, both for driveability and convenience. Then if I took it to the track I would run race gas and high boost. I was just wondering how much power it puts down on pump gas and low boost.

Old 05-19-2009, 05:56 PM
Originally Posted by Dr_jitsu
What if you would like to sport around town at 700 rwhp for a few days and not have to spend $12 a gallon on gas? I would also like to know if the car can be run on low boost on pump gas.

I only run race gas when I am looking at some sort of racing situation. Even so I still spend over 2K per year on race gas.
He is right. The car is setup to make power and it does that very well. It does take VP Import which last barrel I bought was around 25/gallon. With an additional wastegate installed the car could run 12-15psi which would be suitable for c16 ($15/gallon).

This setup on the car would never be recommend for pump unless you were stuck and needed to get home, in that case it. I would highly recommend NO BOOST. It's just not worth the risk of detonation and replacing the block. If pump were put into the system, I would also recommend that it be fully flushed out before running high boost/race gas.

If this is a deterrent for someone the swap of turbo setups can be arranged. If race gas is a issue.

Some people dont understand that making 1500hp comes with its strings

Last edited by SteelCitySupra; 05-19-2009 at 05:59 PM.
Old 05-19-2009, 05:58 PM
Its not about saving a few bucks on gas. There are very few places near me that sell 104 or 116 octane race gas. If i wanted to drive this car on a daily basis, It would be run on pump gas, and low boost, both for driveability and convenience. Then if I took it to the track I would run race gas and high boost. I was just wondering how much power it puts down on pump gas and low boost.
The only gas I would recommend would be VP import and VP c16, both in which you would have to order by the drum.

Like I said above the car can be driven on pump but I would not recommend boosting.. even at a low boost.

The car has never ran on pump, so I have no HP numbers for that or on any gas other than VP Import.

Old 05-19-2009, 06:13 PM
Originally Posted by SteelCitySupra
The only gas I would recommend would be VP import and VP c16, both in which you would have to order by the drum.

Like I said above the car can be driven on pump but I would not recommend boosting.. even at a low boost.

The car has never ran on pump, so I have no HP numbers for that or on any gas other than VP Import.
I understand. I was just curious. 1200 $ barrels of gas can get kinda pricey. What kind of power does it put down on the LOW boost setting?

Old 05-19-2009, 06:59 PM
I understand. I was just curious. 1200 $ barrels of gas can get kinda pricey. What kind of power does it put down on the LOW boost setting?
Honestly, I didn't build the car to make comparable power as a lesser setup. So I dont know. It should make 600rwhp at 12-15psi. To achieve this a extra wastegate would need to be added... Which can be taken care of prior to pick up.

If someone is interested in owning a 600rwhp supra then they should look somewhere else. This is one of the quickest, most powerful supras in the world actually roaming the streets. This is truely of the last clean, low milage supras left.

Old 07-13-2009, 04:37 PM
bump

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: FS: Jon Pratkanis' 1997 Turbo Supra! 28,440 Miles! 1500hp! 8 Second Street Monster!