Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

F/S 2004 Cayenne Turbo Blk/ Blk 8k miles

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-19-2004, 01:33 PM
Former Vendor
Stryke Is a GOD !Stryke Is a GOD !Stryke Is a GOD !Stryke Is a GOD !Stryke Is a GOD !Stryke Is a GOD !Stryke Is a GOD !Stryke Is a GOD !Stryke Is a GOD !Stryke Is a GOD !Stryke Is a GOD !
I don't think that discussing prices is a bad thing at all and would encourage any buyer here to do so with the board for a broader knowledge. I just feel that hijacking someones advertisement which they are entitled to is not really "nice". If someone feels that it is overpriced than they are free to make an offer that makes sense to them or simply ignore the item. Often posting several negative comments will scare away a potential buyer who may feel that the price makes sense to them, simply in fear of being lynched by the crowd and made to feel "ripped off". After all, a pre-owned item is only worth what the buyer and seller agree upon, so who's to say what's too much?

Maybe a busy person with cash to burn would rather spend the extra $10K on something that fits him well without the headache of shopping while a bargain hunter with three months to burn may wait for a deal that is $10K under fair market value. I simply say to each his own and unless you have an interest in the item up for sale, why ruin it for the seller?

Old 03-19-2004, 02:18 PM
Banned
sticky is on a distinguished road
Just like in real life people have to be prepared for conflicting opinions. We have many people here who have purchsed cayennes and know what the market value is. If a seller has an asking price that is not reasonable, letting that person know saves everyone time.

Either way, I prefer to have as many opinions about the market as possible to form my own point of view, whether they are in the sellers favor or not.

Old 03-20-2004, 12:34 AM
kdave1031 is on a distinguished road
I agree both ways guys, because I don't chat a whole lot here. I know you guys are enthusists. I post cars here to see if you guys are looking for it, or may want it. I just wish you would take more consideration for people who need a certain amount for there cars. I am sorry to cause such a stir, but it is the perfect vehicle for someone, and I think sometimes it might be here. I have had alot of interest in it.

Old 03-20-2004, 12:20 PM
LSM
LSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of light
I agree both ways as well, however, the individual is simply trying to sell something at a given price, not get told it is too high, too low etc. Since we are all entuaiasts and know the price, a potential buyer from 6speed should/would know the market on a C Turbo. If they didn't know, they would post, hey is $xx too much. My point is, if I have one, telling someone the price is too high really serves no purpose other than to get the seller defensive. The seller knows the market, he is just trying to get full value. You go to a dealer, I guarantee they will try and sell at a low 80's price and probably will not let the car go for 70's. All that posting too high does is scare away even potential shoppers. It says OBO and baring in mind wholesale value, the seller isn't that far removed from market. Anyway, good luck with your sale, try ebaymotors.com and cars.com which is tied in with all the major newspaper throughout the country.

Lou

Old 03-20-2004, 01:35 PM
ebaker is on a distinguished road
You could tell the seller the price is too high by PM.

Old 03-20-2004, 02:51 PM
LSM
LSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of light
Originally posted by ebaker
You could tell the seller the price is too high by PM.
Perfect, that would keep the thread from getting "infected" and scaring everyone off.

Lou

Old 03-24-2004, 03:37 PM
kdave1031 is on a distinguished road
Ok guys, I will lower the price to $79,000. Please PM me if you have any thing to say about the price. Thanks

Old 03-24-2004, 05:09 PM
Former Vendor
Stryke Is a GOD !Stryke Is a GOD !Stryke Is a GOD !Stryke Is a GOD !Stryke Is a GOD !Stryke Is a GOD !Stryke Is a GOD !Stryke Is a GOD !Stryke Is a GOD !Stryke Is a GOD !Stryke Is a GOD !
RIPOFF!