Price:

Mileage:

Location (State):

WTB Coilovers

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-09-2010, 12:01 PM
Former Vendor
ModBargains II is a splendid one to beholdModBargains II is a splendid one to beholdModBargains II is a splendid one to beholdModBargains II is a splendid one to beholdModBargains II is a splendid one to beholdModBargains II is a splendid one to beholdModBargains II is a splendid one to beholdModBargains II is a splendid one to behold

Category: Steering & Suspension
Price: $4000
Private or Vendor Listing: Private Listing
Part fits: Porsche 911 996 Turbo
Location (State): TX
Item Condition: Used
Shipping Information: Item can be shipped

Originally Posted by acuteperformance
Whoa whoa don't discount KSport so quickly. They are a great coilover system. I think a lot of people are afraid of them because of the price. There have been bad reviews in the past ~3 yrs ago, but they have since changed their entire shock assembly.

I have plenty of reviews from very happy customers.

Michael
Acute Performance

KW coilovers are offered with a limited lifetime warranty and all rebuilds can be performed at KW's North American facility in California.

KSports if I remember correctly did not have a good program in case there was an issue like the damper problems. Do they have locations in the US where they rebuild coilovers now?

Old 07-09-2010, 12:07 PM
Former Vendor
acuteperformance will become famous soon enough
Yes they have a HQ in Arizona. The warranty is 18 months covering pillowmounts, shocks, etc, but WILL NOT cover things like rusted springs or negligence.

What's also nice about the KSports is that they come with camber plates, endlinks, and height adjustment doesn't affect spring rate or travel because they don't use helper springs (except for some applications like the 996 fronts)

Michael
Acute Performance

Originally Posted by ModBargains II
KW coilovers are offered with a limited lifetime warranty and all rebuilds can be performed at KW's North American facility in California.

KSports if I remember correctly did not have a good program in case there was an issue like the damper problems. Do they have locations in the US where they rebuild coilovers now?

Old 07-09-2010, 12:11 PM
Former Vendor
ModBargains II is a splendid one to beholdModBargains II is a splendid one to beholdModBargains II is a splendid one to beholdModBargains II is a splendid one to beholdModBargains II is a splendid one to beholdModBargains II is a splendid one to beholdModBargains II is a splendid one to beholdModBargains II is a splendid one to behold
I know that KSports HQ is in Gilbert, AZ, but are they produced all in-house now? Or are they built overseas?

Old 07-09-2010, 12:50 PM
Former Vendor
acuteperformance will become famous soon enough
No the coilovers are still built overseas, Taiwan to be exact. Most re-builds can be done in house (AZ) if they have the necessary parts. If they don't, they'll need to come from Taiwan.

I believe this is the same policy as KW. Don't get me wrong, KWs are a great product. They've marketed well and built a mighty fine product. What I like about KSports are (1) the price ~$1000 shipped, (2) camber plates + endlinks, and (3) no helper springs for most of their applications.

Not using helper springs is a big deal IMHO because adjust height won't affect spring rate or travel. Shrug just more options for people. I sell both KW, KSport, JIC/CROSS, & Bilstein so I have no reason to be bias here, like I said, just more options.

Michael
Acute Performance

Originally Posted by ModBargains II
I know that KSports HQ is in Gilbert, AZ, but are they produced all in-house now? Or are they built overseas?

Old 07-09-2010, 05:59 PM
911TurboRules has much to be proud of911TurboRules has much to be proud of911TurboRules has much to be proud of911TurboRules has much to be proud of911TurboRules has much to be proud of911TurboRules has much to be proud of911TurboRules has much to be proud of911TurboRules has much to be proud of
Hi,

I have a set of JIC Cross Competition Coilovers with 8kg Front/12kg Rear springs. They have 15 way settings. I had all of the shocks rebuilt from JIC this year so they're pretty much new. New it's $3520 so I'll take best offers.

Link for info:
http://www.cross-na.com/ViewProduct1...5&CarMakeID=14

Let me know if you're interested.

Thanks,
Paul

Old 07-09-2010, 06:02 PM
911TurboRules has much to be proud of911TurboRules has much to be proud of911TurboRules has much to be proud of911TurboRules has much to be proud of911TurboRules has much to be proud of911TurboRules has much to be proud of911TurboRules has much to be proud of911TurboRules has much to be proud of
Forgot - the JIC Coilovers are from my 2002 911 Turbo.

Old 07-31-2010, 02:39 PM
Neil A has much to be proud ofNeil A has much to be proud ofNeil A has much to be proud ofNeil A has much to be proud ofNeil A has much to be proud ofNeil A has much to be proud ofNeil A has much to be proud ofNeil A has much to be proud of
Dont know if you got this sorted or not but i have a set of JIC's forsale $1500 + postage.

Old 11-10-2010, 08:43 PM
robmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond repute
I want to pull the string on some coil overs soon. I have replied to all PMs and I am waiting to see what is best for my car.
Happy Holidays
Robert