(Range)

Make:

Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Location (State):

SPRINT BOOSTER - 997.1 Turbo

Old 10-19-2015, 06:56 PM
Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !
SPRINT BOOSTER - 997.1 Turbo

Category: Engine - Power Adders
Price: $180
Private or Vendor Listing: Private Listing
Part fits: Porsche 911 997 Turbo
Location (State): AL
Item Condition: Used

**Sold!!**

This was on my car when I bought it , but it works amazing! When I bought the car I told the sales person that the car has a light weight flywheel as it revs so quick and it is almost acting like my previous 996T with a LWFW. He insisted that it didn't and I didn't believe him as the car rev'ed so quickly/freely for heel and toe etc. He put me in touch with the old owner and he said the car had a EVOM's LW crank pulley, but what I am noticing is the Sprint Booster!

One thing I noticed about these 911 turbo's (other the GT's) is that they rev so slow when your heel and toe or just want blimp the throttle. I couldn't believe the first time I picked up my 996T and made a statement to others that the biggest disappointments of this car was the exhaust note(stock exhaust) and how "unexotic" the motor felt in it's lethargic response when free reving(heel and toe etc). It was so bad that my brothers stock 10 Golf 2.5 reved more freer and quicker. I did not sign up for this in buying a sports car that originally cost 200k CDN and felt like this. Against UMW suggestion to not do a LWFW because of the chatter, I DIDN'T care as I would do anything to fix this flaw with this package! I didn't like the chatter, but I would rather that all day then the Corolla feeling, non exotic revving of this motor.

When I bought my 997T I was so impressed the way it freely revved with the Sprint Boost, LW EVOMS crank pulley, GT3 throttle body and IPD 82mm plenum that I thought I didn't need the LWFW. I ended up still getting a deal with a LWFW with a pre-owned (but rebuilt) ERP triple that I could say no too!

Now it almost revs to quick with the Sprint Booster on so I have ben driving it around with it off. I finally disconnected it to sell it.

If I knew what I know now, I would not do the LWFW, as the chatter is very unbecoming of a overall balanced street car that I was building (noise wise). Alternatively, if I had to build over again I would be on the fence of just getting the Evoms LW crank pulley and the Sprint Booster for the ultimate free revving exotic street experience... so I don't have to live with the chatter, but still get a exotic feeling motor. (I EVEN DID THE NUMERIC SHIFT CABLES AND DIDN'T DO THE SHIFTER IT SELF FOR FEAR OF TRANSMITTING more noise into the cabin)

To me getting into this machine I wanted a special feeling of exoticness, from the sound (Speedtech 3" race exhaust!!), handling, braking, quality feel, power and quick free revving machine!! To be the Sprint Booster helps gets the car toward the for-mentioned goals!

It has three setting that are indicated by the light being off (off), green (was a perfect balance for me, before LWFW) and red (telepathic mod, was to quick)!

It is beyond easy to install with no cutting of wires and all cleanly plug and play with the OEM harnesses that are already there. Can not take more then 5-10 min to install.

https://www.sprintboosterusa.com/

Other members TESTIMONIALS:

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...t-booster.html
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...er-review.html
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ml#post2905706

$180 USD +shipping & PayPal fees

Thanks

Bobby Ali

ba

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5635.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	995.5 KB
ID:	430696  

Last edited by Bobbyfali; 10-31-2015 at 05:56 PM. Reason: SOLD
Old 10-20-2015, 03:35 PM
Turbonium is on a distinguished road
Interested. What exactly will this do?

Old 10-20-2015, 04:47 PM
bgrpph has a spectacular aura aboutbgrpph has a spectacular aura aboutbgrpph has a spectacular aura about
on the 997.1TT with sport chrono, the sport button changes the throttle response & boost - Is Sprint Booster adding anything?

Old 10-20-2015, 06:19 PM
Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Turbonium
Interested. What exactly will this do?

Take a click on Sprint Boosters link, as I believe they can explain it a lot better then I:

https://www.sprintboosterusa.com/

Thanks

Bobby Ali

ba

Old 10-20-2015, 06:25 PM
Originally Posted by bgrpph
on the 997.1TT with sport chrono, the sport button changes the throttle response & boost - Is Sprint Booster adding anything?

Yes I have Sport Chrono as well and noticed a difference in both modes. On normal before I did my LWFW & just had my LW crank pulley, when I put the Sprint Booster on green it was quicker free revving. On red it was even better. In Sport mode with it on green it almost felt like I had a LWFW in there, but in Sport mode throttle response was a little to telepathic for me in red & almost gave me the feeling of my old 996T with a LWFW.

Hope that helped some what.

Thanks

Bobby Ali

ba

Old 10-24-2015, 09:22 PM
Turbonium is on a distinguished road
What is lwfw?? I wanna take it

Old 10-25-2015, 12:44 AM
Yogi911 has a spectacular aura aboutYogi911 has a spectacular aura about
Light Weight Fly Wheel on the clutch.

Old 10-25-2015, 01:38 PM

I apologize in advance if I misunderstood you, but are you saying you want to buy my Sprint Booster?

Thanks

Bobby Ali

ba

Old 10-31-2015, 05:57 PM
**sold!!**

**sold!!**

Old 12-18-2018, 03:54 PM
Former Vendor
Sprint Booster Sales is an unknown quantity at this point
How about the new and improved Sprint Booster V3?!

Old 12-19-2018, 02:01 AM
Nate Tempest is an unknown quantity at this point
It sounds like all this does is alter the throttle signal? If that's what you want, why not alter the map with a tune, rather than having a piggyback thing intercepting the throttle signal? (Or just recalibrate your foot...)

Old 12-19-2018, 04:22 AM
MrPrice has much to be proud ofMrPrice has much to be proud ofMrPrice has much to be proud ofMrPrice has much to be proud ofMrPrice has much to be proud ofMrPrice has much to be proud ofMrPrice has much to be proud ofMrPrice has much to be proud of
Modern cars cause use a drive by wire system, and on some cars the delay is longer than others. Some people like me notice it more than others. I have throttle controllers in almost every car that I have. The advantage to these controllers is that there are times you don't want it to be on, and when you do not, you can turn it off. I have had many handheld tuners (Open Flash, Cobb) none of them will do what the throttle controller can do. Porsche has made the connector a bit easier to get to (on a 996 you had to go up under the dash), it is now attached to the pedal.