Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Location (State):

FS: Bilstein PSS9 coliovers for 996TT!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-29-2009, 04:38 PM
MrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond repute
FS: Bilstein PSS9 coliovers for 996TT!

Category: Steering & Suspension
Price: $1500
Private or Vendor Listing: Private Listing
Part fits: Porsche 911 996 Turbo
Location (State): CA
Item Condition: Used

SOLD to one lucky buyer!

PICS ADDED: Bilstein PSS9 for 996TT for sale. Price $1500 obo, these came off my car due to upgrade. These PSS9 were installed by a Porsche dealer on the car during 2004 and have less than 14kmiles on them (the car has 23kmiles). Stock shock lifetime is 100kmiles and these are advertised as having 4xtimes stock lifetime. Using some judgement I would guess these will last at least to 150-200 kmiles depending on usage.

They are in good condition due to the low miles. The damping force is symmetrical at any adjustment setting. The car gets VERY firm on full (hard) setting and very cozy and very soft on minimum (soft) setting.

I have tracked the car with these 3 times during 2009, car has proven very fast on these shocks. Correctly dialed in, the shocks would enable me to do the following:

BW13 CW: 2.00 on 225 & 285 wide(narrow) Yokohama tires (a hard tuned GT2 ran 1.59 the same day with 315 R888).

Cali Speedway infield: 1.11,5 on 235 & 295 R888 (best time that day, ahead of a couple of built SCCA GT3 racecars on slicks - yeah it was funny a race BMW guy got mad when I passed and tried to follow me into a hairpin, missed his brake point and ran off the track). In for instance Speedventures events, no Turbo, tuned or not, has been driven faster on this track looking at all times from 2007, 2008, 2009.

Cali Speedway Roval (super speedway): 1.49,2 on 245 & 315 Hankook RS2 high performance street tire.

- The ideal coilover for street and occasional track (proven by numerous 996 TT owners)
- More control when putting your hp to the ground!
- Very responsive on track

The only reason I want to sell these Bilstein high quality shocks, is that I moved to a more hardcore track package.

First come first serve!

Last edited by MrWhite; 02-22-2010 at 06:34 PM. Reason: Added pics
Old 11-29-2009, 10:43 PM
soslo is on a distinguished road
Thats a great price for those coilovers! I have the same coilovers and they seriously are perfect for daily driving or light track.

Old 11-30-2009, 06:52 AM
BartN (TX) has a spectacular aura aboutBartN (TX) has a spectacular aura about
I would have gotten rid of my 996TT five years ago if I hadn't upgrade to these coilovers. Awesome upgrade.

GLWS

Old 11-30-2009, 11:59 AM
beckham23 is a jewel in the roughbeckham23 is a jewel in the roughbeckham23 is a jewel in the roughbeckham23 is a jewel in the rough
you have PM

Old 11-30-2009, 02:46 PM
L8braker is a name known to allL8braker is a name known to allL8braker is a name known to allL8braker is a name known to allL8braker is a name known to allL8braker is a name known to all
Got pics? Also any issues with them at all? I believe these will fit right on my 996 C4s right?

Old 11-30-2009, 10:31 PM
MrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond repute
No issues, I just ran Cali Speedway two weeks ago and car has never been better. I just want separate adjustment possibility for compression and rebound.

For fitment pls check Bilstein fitment guide or maybe someone else can chime in.

PM an e-mail address and I can show a few pics from this year - they are still on the car awaiting delivery of another setup but will be dismounted first week after New Year.

Last edited by MrWhite; 12-10-2009 at 04:06 PM.
Old 12-02-2009, 02:48 PM
strincon is on a distinguished road
do you still have the pss9's

I am interested in you pss9s'

Old 12-02-2009, 03:35 PM
They have not been picked up by anyone yet feel free to PM an offer or post questions.

Old 12-05-2009, 07:02 PM
LamboTT has a spectacular aura aboutLamboTT has a spectacular aura about
anyone know how they compare to the factory GT2 OR GT3 bilstein coilovers?

Old 12-05-2009, 08:29 PM
ard
ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by MrWhite
I just want separate adjustment possibility for compression and rebound.
What are you going to use? KWV3? or the next step up: JRZ/Moton.. or the next step past that!?

A

Old 12-05-2009, 10:45 PM
KW V3 and then test out springs to find something that will fit the rest of my setup as good as possible (swaybars, camber arms, wheels and tires).

Last edited by MrWhite; 12-10-2009 at 04:08 PM.
Old 12-10-2009, 12:47 PM
An update regarding these PSS9.

From now until Jan 1 the car will be worked on for other upgrades and be dyno'd, so I can't remove the PSS9 during this time (the PSS9 are still on the car).

I will still take offers in the meantime, just be aware delivery won't be until the first week of January.

Old 12-10-2009, 04:09 PM
Price reminder: $1600 OBO.

Old 12-17-2009, 09:49 PM
TTurbRon is a jewel in the roughTTurbRon is a jewel in the roughTTurbRon is a jewel in the roughTTurbRon is a jewel in the rough
P niners

Can't pm yet. Would you do $1300 shipped? Thanks

Old 12-18-2009, 01:43 PM
Kato is just really niceKato is just really niceKato is just really niceKato is just really niceKato is just really nice
I'm curious to hear how you like going from the PSS9's to the KW V3's... Please post up some feedback once you make the swap... I'm considering the same swap...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: FS: Bilstein PSS9 coliovers for 996TT!