Location (State):

Item Condition:

Feeler: 2008 White Audi R8

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-25-2007, 03:46 AM
Banned
lac2s is on a distinguished road
i tried to flip back then when the Lexus SC430 first delivery, the dealer will not let me change the name on my order. I either buy it (pay the sales tax) and resale, or give up my spot so the sale manager can sell it to someone with a quick mark up. I am not sure if this can be done.I think it would if you have a good relationship with the dealer or spliting the money with them

Old 10-25-2007, 09:29 AM
Byronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to behold
FINAL UPDATE.....I spoke to Rick on the phone and low and behold he had no order or spec sheet and not even a spot for a car. The dealer could not produce the supposed order that Rick had and thus poor Rick is out of a deal with them and with me. I tried to help Rick with making a call to the dealer but Rick will not tell me what dealer in Chicago ripped him off. Board beware of unscrupulous dealers and sellers because something is fishy here and I just can't put my finger to it. I will let you guys make the decision and maybe Rick will chime in with a different account of our conversation. Who knows but in the end this deal is dead and gone. Rick I wish you the best in the future.

Aloha

Byron

Old 10-25-2007, 09:50 AM
globalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Byronmaui
FINAL UPDATE.....I spoke to Rick on the phone and low and behold he had no order or spec sheet and not even a spot for a car. The dealer could not produce the supposed order that Rick had and thus poor Rick is out of a deal with them and with me. I tried to help Rick with making a call to the dealer but Rick will not tell me what dealer in Chicago ripped him off. Board beware of unscrupulous dealers and sellers because something is fishy here and I just can't put my finger to it. I will let you guys make the decision and maybe Rick will chime in with a different account of our conversation. Who knows but in the end this deal is dead and gone. Rick I wish you the best in the future.

Aloha

Byron

What did my PM say? Glad you just wanted to feel the situation out lol

Old 10-25-2007, 09:52 AM
globalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond repute
O yea FYI guys just so you know I forgot to mention.

Audi dealers are making people sign contracts to not resell the car or post it on ebay and they have to return the car back to Audi the first 6 months to a year depending on the dealer. So I knew as soon as I saw this post unless he is some big *** player no Audi dealer will let him slip up and make a quick 35k....

Old 10-25-2007, 09:54 AM
Byronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by globalm3
What did my PM say? Glad you just wanted to feel the situation out lol
I really hoped foruplay ricky would have been for real and maybe he is but no deal on this car. Oh well another day to enjoy the North Swell.

Aloha

Byron

Old 10-25-2007, 09:57 AM
Originally Posted by globalm3
O yea FYI guys just so you know I forgot to mention.

Audi dealers are making people sign contracts to not resell the car or post it on ebay and they have to return the car back to Audi the first 6 months to a year depending on the dealer. So I knew as soon as I saw this post unless he is some big *** player no Audi dealer will let him slip up and make a quick 35k....
Maybe that is the reason why the deal did not happen.
Aloha

Byron

Old 10-25-2007, 10:00 AM
Maybe that is the reason why the deal did not happen.
Aloha

Byron
were you willing to pay over for the R8? I can get you one quick if you want to pay about 20 over and maybe even build it.

Old 10-25-2007, 10:01 AM
TUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant future
Totally lame...he I PM'd him about the GT3...no way I'm touching that...

Old 10-25-2007, 10:04 AM
GeorgeJ is on a distinguished road
Glad this Rick Ko (S4Play) has been finally exposed for what he really is; a CON MAN trying to fool true car enthusiasts that he is one as well.

Its really irritating to read S4Play's posts on this and other forums of how he is so excited about his new GT3, Gallardo, R8 and etc has been ordered and can't wait to get it and drive, but then the last minute he wants to sell it for a huge markup over MSRP.

This guy is strictly an opportunist trying to make a buck (lots of bucks) by DECEPTION.

Old 10-25-2007, 10:10 AM
Originally Posted by GeorgeJ
Glad this Rick Ko (S4Play) has been finally exposed for what he really is; a CON MAN trying to fool true car enthusiasts that he is one as well.

Its really irritating to read S4Play's posts on this and other forums of how he is so excited about his new GT3, Gallardo, R8 and etc has been ordered and can't wait to get it and drive, but then the last minute he wants to sell it for a huge markup over MSRP.

This guy is strictly an opportunist trying to make a buck (lots of bucks) by DECEPTION.
Its a Fugazi!

Old 10-25-2007, 10:12 AM
Jedidiah is on a distinguished road

Aloha

Byron
Man this is disappointing to read. I really hoped that Rick would pull through and could prove people wrong. I guess 993Fan was correct. If you are reading 993Fan, you were right, I am way too trusting of a individual.

Byron--sorry that you lost out on the R8. You have always been a man of your word and I applaud you for giving Rick the benefit of the doubt. At least now it will put this issue to rest.

Rick--I suggest you come up with a better way to make money on the side, other then flipping slots for premiums to enthusiasts. Sad.

Old 10-25-2007, 10:58 AM
tthoang1 is on a distinguished road

Aloha

Byron
Rick's behavior is no surprise to me. I'm willing to bet this guy never even had a deposit on any of these cars, 997GT3, R8, Gallardo, what ever... He gets off on other people congratulating him on his so called "purchase" of an exotic. There's a pathology to this type of behavior. And when someone calls him out on his "deposits," it's always the dealers fault, or the seller, blah blah blah. It's never his fault. I know of another jackass just like Rick, living a poseur life. Rick, you're a fraud.

Old 10-25-2007, 10:59 AM
s4play has a spectacular aura abouts4play has a spectacular aura abouts4play has a spectacular aura about
This will be my final reply to this post as I can't believe how everyone jumps to conclusions so fast.....

I'm not sure what you guys are accusing me of as I have NEVER scammed anyone on any online forum and certainly not about to start now.

Byron, thanks for returning my phone call - now you have the whole story and I've been 100% honest with you as my orginal post on what I'm selling and NOTHING has changed.

The ball is in your court now my friend if you want to make this deal happen. I have laid out all the terms so please reply on what you intend to do.....

FYI: Just so you know I'm not even asking for money from Byron at this time, just a simple handshake agreement on the car when it arrives.

rick

I had an order for the Audi R8, left my deposit - now realized I can't afford to cars so I want to sell it plain and simple for $15k over and not a penny more.

Old 10-25-2007, 11:00 AM
993fan is on a distinguished road

Aloha

Byron
There are so many holes in that story, that I don't even know where to begin. First of all, there is no way that a dealer could just "lose" an order for a car. What about the deposit? My Audi dealer required a $5,000 deposit just to get on the list. Then about 2 months ago, he asked for another $5,000. Did the dealer "lose" Rick's $10,000 deposit as well?

Secondly, the car should have been spec'd out with the sales guy. Rick should have a copy of that spec sheet, signed by the dealer. I guess that was lost also.

Lastly, Rick wouldn't disclose the name of the Chicago dealer that "screwed" him on the deal. Of course, he picked an out of state dealer; we could easily have checked with any dealer in California. Nevertheless, it looks like he "lost" the name of that dealer as well.

Old 10-25-2007, 11:06 AM
tthoang1 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by 993fan
There are so many holes in that story, that I don't even know where to begin. First of all, there is no way that a dealer could just "lose" an order for a car. What about the deposit? My Audi dealer required a $5,000 deposit just to get on the list. Then about 2 months ago, he asked for another $5,000. Did the dealer "lose" Rick's $10,000 deposit as well?

Secondly, the car should have been spec'd out with the sales guy. Rick should have a copy of that spec sheet, signed by the dealer. I guess that was lost also.

Lastly, Rick wouldn't disclose the name of the Chicago dealer that "screwed" him on the deal. Of course, he picked an out of state dealer; we could easily have checked with any dealer in California. Nevertheless, it looks like he "lost" the name of that dealer as well.

993fan, you're just pointing out the inconsistencies in his fabricated stories. There's this guy I know, who creates these elaborate lies to show he's a player. But when he was called on his BS, his lies get even more elaborate. I'd call him a compulsive liar. I've seen this **** before! Sad really.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 1.00 average.

Quick Reply: Feeler: 2008 White Audi R8