Price:

Mileage:

Location (State):

1150hp ProEfi Equipped Spoolbus

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-15-2014, 12:47 PM
Basic Sponsor
Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !
Did I mention that my ICs are Only 3.5" and 2.5" Y-Pipe, 75mm TB.

997TT SlowBerry - 205.0 mph 1/2 Mile WR Nov 2018, 9.7 @ 170 mph 1/4 Mile , 3.2 60-130 mph , 2.4 100-150 mph , 1420whp E85
ESMOTOR | DO88 | TPC DSC | SYVECS | COBB | IPD | KLINE | XONA | AMS | ID | ERP | SACHS | TURBOSMART | CSF | DODSON |
Old 04-15-2014, 12:59 PM
johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by prodigymb
Don't tell others that,, they won't believe you. LOL
But then again you might have Alot more HP in reserve..

Old 04-15-2014, 05:16 PM
Undercover Tuning has a reputation beyond reputeUndercover Tuning has a reputation beyond reputeUndercover Tuning has a reputation beyond reputeUndercover Tuning has a reputation beyond reputeUndercover Tuning has a reputation beyond reputeUndercover Tuning has a reputation beyond reputeUndercover Tuning has a reputation beyond reputeUndercover Tuning has a reputation beyond reputeUndercover Tuning has a reputation beyond reputeUndercover Tuning has a reputation beyond reputeUndercover Tuning has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by johnspeed
Don't tell others that,, they won't believe you. LOL
But then again you might have Alot more HP in reserve..
With a essentially stock engine and 6466's...... Theres plenty of reserve

Old 04-15-2014, 05:33 PM
Wealth Manager Is a GOD !Wealth Manager Is a GOD !Wealth Manager Is a GOD !Wealth Manager Is a GOD !Wealth Manager Is a GOD !Wealth Manager Is a GOD !Wealth Manager Is a GOD !Wealth Manager Is a GOD !Wealth Manager Is a GOD !Wealth Manager Is a GOD !Wealth Manager Is a GOD !
I dont understand why Undercover gets so much play here by everyone. My impression is that Tim has done more for this car then anyone else out there by far. Yea you can install a ProEfi but come on, its just a standalone.

Btw, great runs against the ZR1. Seems like you getting called out always leads to a win, can't beat that. I still don't understand their thought pattern with calling people out.

Old 04-15-2014, 05:52 PM
Basic Sponsor
Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Wealth Manager
I dont understand why Undercover gets so much play here by everyone. My impression is that Tim has done more for this car then anyone else out there by far. Yea you can install a ProEfi but come on, its just a standalone.

Btw, great runs against the ZR1. Seems like you getting called out always leads to a win, can't beat that. I still don't understand their thought pattern with calling people out.
Kyle - your impression is just that. Your impression. You think you know....

Tim and I have put in a ton of work on this car ourselves. We got to a point where our work wasn't enough to meet our goals with the car. Garth helped us bring it together.

I suggest you stay on top of finishing ur long overdue project instead of keeping track who does what to others cars and criticizing people who are trying to move the porsche turbo community further.

997TT SlowBerry - 205.0 mph 1/2 Mile WR Nov 2018, 9.7 @ 170 mph 1/4 Mile , 3.2 60-130 mph , 2.4 100-150 mph , 1420whp E85
ESMOTOR | DO88 | TPC DSC | SYVECS | COBB | IPD | KLINE | XONA | AMS | ID | ERP | SACHS | TURBOSMART | CSF | DODSON |
Old 04-15-2014, 05:54 PM
Banned
32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !

thats a fairly simple answer. undercover is a board sponsor and has 4 to 5 cars that they build and tune . no different than proto or evoms displaying their cars on the forums.

tim is a member who builds a monster car and does it for himself and freely shares his info. he is willing to build someone a motor if they want but he truly builds for himself first and foremost.

until you see firsthand how much farther a standalone can take a car over the oem computer its not really correct to say "its just a standalone" it takes a tuner with a wealth of knowledge to be able to use all thats available to get the tunes right. garth with the proefi or tim with a motec this takes great deal of skill. just my humble .02

Old 04-15-2014, 05:54 PM
Wealth Manager Is a GOD !Wealth Manager Is a GOD !Wealth Manager Is a GOD !Wealth Manager Is a GOD !Wealth Manager Is a GOD !Wealth Manager Is a GOD !Wealth Manager Is a GOD !Wealth Manager Is a GOD !Wealth Manager Is a GOD !Wealth Manager Is a GOD !Wealth Manager Is a GOD !
Kyle - your impression is just that. Your impression. You think you know....

Tim and I have put in a ton of work on this car ourselves. We got to a point where our work wasn't enough to meet our goals with the car. Garth helped us bring it together.

I suggest you stay on top of finishing ur long overdue project instead of keeping track who does what to others cars and criticizing people who are trying to move the porsche turbo community further.

Why are you being a dick?

Old 04-15-2014, 05:58 PM
Banned
32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !
when you disparage a shop that this member uses then you also disparage him and his car. he takes that personally and reacts just so. i would be the same with my shop i use and my tuner. nobody likes to hear someone tell them that all the work that is done to their car is mediocare at best

Old 04-15-2014, 06:03 PM
Originally Posted by 32krazy!
when you disparage a shop that this member uses then you also disparage him and his car. he takes that personally and reacts just so. i would be the same with my shop i use and my tuner. nobody likes to hear someone tell them that all the work that is done to their car is mediocare at best

I wasn't saying that. I said, why isn't Tim getting more praise here then a shop that comes in at the end? I also wasn't downplaying the proefi, but all they did was install it and retune? And from what I have heard from others is that Undercover is a great shop.

Last edited by Wealth Manager; 04-15-2014 at 06:14 PM.
Old 04-15-2014, 06:27 PM
Basic Sponsor

Just responding in the same manner you did.

Old 04-15-2014, 06:30 PM
Just responding in the same manner you did.
It wasn't meant that way. I'll just agree to disagree. Glad to see you are representing well on the streets.

Old 04-15-2014, 06:58 PM
Mit_Boost has a brilliant futureMit_Boost has a brilliant futureMit_Boost has a brilliant futureMit_Boost has a brilliant futureMit_Boost has a brilliant futureMit_Boost has a brilliant futureMit_Boost has a brilliant futureMit_Boost has a brilliant futureMit_Boost has a brilliant futureMit_Boost has a brilliant futureMit_Boost has a brilliant future
The fact that you just dumbed down what Garth/Undercover did was install a standalone & retune illustrates your lack of knowledge & the amount of work that's involved with installing & properly tuning a standalone EMS, specifically the ProEFI that offers features like FlexFuel (Proper utilization of ethanol content & manipulation of the Fuel/Ignition Timing/Boost), Anti-Lag (Additional Ignition/Boost/Fuel Strategy), Traction Control & the other features listed in the OP -- CAN Display/Logger, EGT/Exhaust Backpressure/Air Intake/Fuel Pressure/Boost/MAP/Fuel Pressure/Wideband Sensors. The EMS is the brain of the car, and it takes a true tuner with a knowledge of the setup & owner's goals to really bring out the potential of the car without turning it into a permanent fixture on a speed shop's lift. I'm sure prodigymb can testify & echo what a lot of the Undercover/ProEFI Supras guys have said about Garth, and the amount of time & attention he put into the tune, making sure that the car drives OEM-like but hits like a hammer.

Besides, the whole point of this thread is the ProEFI modification that's been made (it's in the title of the thread).

Last edited by Mit_Boost; 04-15-2014 at 07:01 PM.
Old 04-15-2014, 07:07 PM
joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Mit_Boost
The fact that you just dumbed down what Garth/Undercover did was install a standalone & retune illustrates your lack of knowledge & the amount of work that's involved with installing & properly tuning a standalone EMS, specifically the ProEFI that offers features like FlexFuel (Proper utilization of ethanol content & manipulation of the Fuel/Ignition Timing/Boost), Anti-Lag (Additional Ignition/Boost/Fuel Strategy), Traction Control & the other features listed in the OP -- CAN Display/Logger, EGT/Exhaust Backpressure/Air Intake/Fuel Pressure/Boost/MAP/Fuel Pressure/Wideband Sensors. The EMS is the brain of the car, and it takes a true tuner with a knowledge of the setup & owner's goals to really bring out the potential of the car without turning it into a permanent fixture on a speed shop's lift. I'm sure prodigymb can testify & echo what a lot of the Undercover/ProEFI Supras guys have said about Garth, and the amount of time & attention he put into the tune, making sure that the car drives OEM-like but hits like a hammer.

Besides, the whole point of this thread is the ProEFI modification that's been made (it's in the title of the thread).
Ding Ding…Nice job Mark,Tim and Undercover tuning!

Old 04-16-2014, 12:30 AM
layinback Is a GOD !layinback Is a GOD !layinback Is a GOD !layinback Is a GOD !layinback Is a GOD !layinback Is a GOD !layinback Is a GOD !layinback Is a GOD !layinback Is a GOD !layinback Is a GOD !layinback Is a GOD !
Same here Mark. No need for the big ICs on E85. A 75mm TB will flow enough
for 1500 hp on a 996TT and a 2.5 Y pipe will support the same hp or more.

Now if we were doing some HEAVY DUTY LeMans type road racing we might
wanna step up the ICs an inch lol.

Last edited by layinback; 04-16-2014 at 12:41 AM.
Old 04-16-2014, 12:39 AM
layinback Is a GOD !layinback Is a GOD !layinback Is a GOD !layinback Is a GOD !layinback Is a GOD !layinback Is a GOD !layinback Is a GOD !layinback Is a GOD !layinback Is a GOD !layinback Is a GOD !layinback Is a GOD !
lol I remember a short time ago when everybody was chanting Syvecs Syvecs Syvecs!
I jumped off the cliff and bought the ProEfi. It is truly an amazing EMS.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 1150hp ProEfi Equipped Spoolbus