Price:

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

2004 Lamborghini Gallardo for sale, blown engine - CHEAP

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-11-2007, 08:32 PM
MrEdS4 has much to be proud ofMrEdS4 has much to be proud ofMrEdS4 has much to be proud ofMrEdS4 has much to be proud ofMrEdS4 has much to be proud ofMrEdS4 has much to be proud ofMrEdS4 has much to be proud ofMrEdS4 has much to be proud ofMrEdS4 has much to be proud ofMrEdS4 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Origyns 973
Do this. Put the car on a lift. If you see a hole in the block anywhere near where road debris could hit it, then success. It'll be definitely covered. The dealer doesn't even need to tear down the motor. Its easy as A B C. Road debris struck the motor at a high enough velocity to put a hole in it. Hole spews out oil. No oil in the motor. Explains it all.
Oh if it were only that simple. Trust me that is what I am saying. There is a hole where debris on the road very clearly would be able to hit it. There is not much evidence of damage under the front of the car but something only has to hit the engine to make the engine fail. This has been going for almost 5 months. That scenario does explain it all but it not as easy as ABC. I don't want to bash the company too explicitly before I completely drop the claim, which will happen passively once the car is sold.

Old 07-11-2007, 08:35 PM
Banned
Origyns 973 is a splendid one to beholdOrigyns 973 is a splendid one to beholdOrigyns 973 is a splendid one to beholdOrigyns 973 is a splendid one to beholdOrigyns 973 is a splendid one to beholdOrigyns 973 is a splendid one to beholdOrigyns 973 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by MrEdS4
Oh if it were only that simple. Trust me that is what I am saying. There is a hole where debris on the road very clearly would be able to hit it. There is not much evidence of damage under the front of the car but something only has to hit the engine to make the engine fail. This has been going for almost 5 months. That scenario does explain it all but it not as easy as ABC. I don't want to bash the company too explicitly before I completely drop the claim, which will happen passively once the car is sold.
It sucks to hear that you've been going through this for five months. I think the person at the dealership should be intelligent enough to link all of it together and tell the insurance company thats whats going on. But then again insurance is basically legal extortion and they'll do what ever they can to not pay a claim and stick it to the custom.

Old 07-11-2007, 08:38 PM
Griza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Origyns 973
Do this. Put the car on a lift. If you see a hole in the block anywhere near where road debris could hit it, then success. It'll be definitely covered. The dealer doesn't even need to tear down the motor. Its easy as A B C. Road debris struck the motor at a high enough velocity to put a hole in it. Hole spews out oil. No oil in the motor. Explains it all.
Only if the hole is blown in. If it was blown out, then a mechanical failure occured. Can you tell which way the hole is going in or out?

Old 07-11-2007, 08:49 PM
MrEdS4 has much to be proud ofMrEdS4 has much to be proud ofMrEdS4 has much to be proud ofMrEdS4 has much to be proud ofMrEdS4 has much to be proud ofMrEdS4 has much to be proud ofMrEdS4 has much to be proud ofMrEdS4 has much to be proud ofMrEdS4 has much to be proud ofMrEdS4 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Griza
Only if the hole is blown in. If it was blown out, then a mechanical failure occured. Can you tell which way the hole is going in or out?
It is large enough that it is difficult to tell. We were able to pull 2 rods and pistons out through it. I honestly think that it should be paid and I think that if it were a purely mechanical failure, it would look very different but I have yet to be able to convince the insurance company of that. At this point, it is better for me to just move on. I will lose a lot on this car, somebody take advantage of it. I would love to see it become an 800 hp TT car, but honestly nothing would make me happier than to see it move under its own power. I am not trying to take advantage of anyone with this car or this price and I will help the new owner along the way but I can only afford to lose so much. Thanks for all of the thoughts and ideas.

Old 07-11-2007, 09:12 PM
turbo187 Is a GOD !turbo187 Is a GOD !turbo187 Is a GOD !turbo187 Is a GOD !turbo187 Is a GOD !turbo187 Is a GOD !turbo187 Is a GOD !turbo187 Is a GOD !turbo187 Is a GOD !turbo187 Is a GOD !turbo187 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by turbo_freak
you need to make note of the new forum rules
his post was made before the new forum rules were made

Good luck with the sale! It would be perfect for someone who wanted to turbo it!

Old 07-11-2007, 09:31 PM
Turbochris has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochris has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochris has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochris has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochris has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochris has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochris has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochris has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochris has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochris has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochris has a reputation beyond repute
Man! I need this car......TT Lambo.......perfect!

Chris

Old 07-11-2007, 09:33 PM
Banned
Origyns 973 is a splendid one to beholdOrigyns 973 is a splendid one to beholdOrigyns 973 is a splendid one to beholdOrigyns 973 is a splendid one to beholdOrigyns 973 is a splendid one to beholdOrigyns 973 is a splendid one to beholdOrigyns 973 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Turbochris
Man! I need this car......TT Lambo.......perfect!

Chris
Calling your name, buy it!

Old 07-11-2007, 11:00 PM
NAPO is a splendid one to beholdNAPO is a splendid one to beholdNAPO is a splendid one to beholdNAPO is a splendid one to beholdNAPO is a splendid one to beholdNAPO is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by MrEdS4
There are a lot of nice cars with less miles in the $130's. This is an opportunity to get yourself a car after it is fixed that you will know everything about mechanically and know that it has a fresh engine and has been completely gone through. Yellow e-gear cars bring slight premiums but there are certainly other options for people looking for a Gallardo.

I completely respect your input on my pricing and I would like to think that I understand where the market is at right now. That being said, the interest on this bright yellow shop ornament is costing me a lot so I am open to offers.
That's a very solid point. Good luck with the sale.

Old 07-11-2007, 11:03 PM
NAPO is a splendid one to beholdNAPO is a splendid one to beholdNAPO is a splendid one to beholdNAPO is a splendid one to beholdNAPO is a splendid one to beholdNAPO is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by turbo_freak
you need to make note of the new forum rules
As Russ already stated, the new rules were implemented after my post. Thanks for the heads up though, I just read them and I'll make sure to abide by them.

Last edited by NAPO; 07-11-2007 at 11:07 PM.
Old 07-11-2007, 11:08 PM
Originally Posted by turbo187
his post was made before the new forum rules were made
Thanks for looking out pal.

Old 07-11-2007, 11:26 PM
Administrator
Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !
Napo was grandfathered in...by a hair..lol

Old 07-11-2007, 11:42 PM
Originally Posted by controlit
Napo was grandfathered in...by a hair..lol
Yep, yep... That's how I roll!

Old 07-12-2007, 12:07 AM
Banned
crazy1323 can only hope to improve
Can you jack up the car and take a pic of the hole in the block that way maybe someone here can give you more info as to the failure.

Old 07-12-2007, 05:15 AM
Originally Posted by crazy1323
Can you jack up the car and take a pic of the hole in the block that way maybe someone here can give you more info as to the failure.
I will try to but, as I have said, I have pretty much given up hope of any help from my insurance. I really don't want to sue them over this and they apparently don't understand reason. I am happy to discuss the engine failure as much as anyone wants here but that may need to move to the Lamborghini section. My first priority at this point is selling it.
-Ed

Old 07-12-2007, 09:29 AM
riverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud of
So this is a former rental car?
If so, how many of the 23k were done as rental?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2004 Lamborghini Gallardo for sale, blown engine - CHEAP