Model: 911
Price: $27800
Mileage: 56802
Color: Arena Red
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (State): IL
Transmission: Manual
Drivetrain: Rear Wheel Drive

For sale is my 1999 911 Carrera C2 in Arena Red and 6 speed manual with OE Aerokit. Suffice to say this is an extremely well sorted, no-story 996 that has everything you’d want in a 911 with all essential documentation.

Read carefully…

Basics:
1999 Carrera C2
Arena Red
VIN: WP0AA2996XS622101
6 Speed Manual
April 1998 Build Date
Sunroof
Clean Title/Carfax

Options:
C02 - US Standard Emissions
490 - Hi-Fi Sound Package w/ Speakers
P72 - Design Package
446 - Wheel Caps with Colored Crest
220 - LSD Limited Slip Differential
222 - Traction control ASR AntriebsSchlupfRegelung
224 - Traction control ABD Automatic Braking Differential

Overview:

I bought this 996 last year in the fall when my 997 went into the shop for an extended period and the timing was right to try a 996 for size. I flew down to Louisiana where I purchased the car, and it had been a California/Arizona/Texas/Louisiana car its entire life. Since I drove it back to Chicago, I’’ve driven the car approximately 3k miles and done a bunch of work to make it exactly right - however I learned last week I’ll be relocating from Chicago to SF for work and can only bring a single car with me and this must go. It’s extremely well sorted and needs nothing to be driven anywhere. Fly in, drive it home and have a blast.

Exterior:

The Arena red paint is beautiful and verified to be original except the front bumper/hood. As you’ll see in the photos, the car looks simply fantastic. I would rate the exterior as an 8.5/10, with some rock chips on the front bumper and a couple on the hood.

The car comes with an OEM Aerokit (as verified by the embossed serial on the wing underside) with matching front bumper/side skirts. I believe the rear bumperettes were painted also to match (factory was black textured plastic). Fitment is top notch, no issues on paint match - but I don’t think the car was optioned with these from the factory (even though there’s the P72 design package that I initially thought was for the aerokit).

The car was recently thoroughly detailed inside and out, so there are virtually no swirls on the body or imperfections that one would have to tend to. There are one or two spots on sharp edges of doors where the paint looks to have thinned from a previous detail job, but could be touched up very easily.

The underside and wheel wells are 100% devoid of any rust/moisture and extremely clean - please see the included photos.

Interior:

Graphite Gray interior with standard power seats (no heat). Good condition with main notable thing being the driver’s seat had some kind of paint transfer on the bolster that I could not get out even after leatherique. Otherwise bolsters are still solid, passenger seat is excellent.

Carpets are clean, recently steam cleaned and Porsche script floor mats are in the car.

Factory radio was repaired and installed (have receipt). Got car with inop sunroof, which was repaired. Windshield was replaced by previous owner.

Mechanical:

The car is totally sorted mechanically and will need nothing. Nada. Take a look for yourself:
11/13 - 45,352 mi - Major Service: Oil, filter, battery, spark plugs, air filter, fuel filter, pollen filter, trans fluid, brake fluid, hood shocks, all drive belt tension rollers replaced, all belts replaced, replace Alternator
1/14 - 45,352 mi - Replaced coolant expansion tank, radiator cap, flush system
6/14 - 46,242 mi - Replace idle stabilizer valve, gas cap. Brake Job: brake discs, brake pads, brake pad sensors
4/15 - 47,207 - LN IMS Bearing Upgrade/Clutch: Double Row bearing installed, oil change, rear main seal replaced, updated seal. Replaced Clutch, pressure plate and bearing, Spin on oil filter adapter and magnetic drain plug
12/15 - Repaired/replaced CDR-220 Radio
12/15 - 49,170 - Flushed transmission fluid, replaced hood lock panel cover
1/16 - 49,912 - Brake Fluid Flush & replaced right rear Michelin Super Sport tire
7/16 - 51,034 - Oil/filter change
10/16 - 51,280 - Replaced Reman Starter & Cabin Filter
2/17 - 51,850 - Replaced Air/oil Separator & 4 lower control arms with Powerflex bushings
2/17 - 52,578 - New windshield installed
12/18 - 54,932 - Replaced faulty starter with OEM Starter
1/19 - Repaired Heating/AC flap foam & sunroof clips and installed Turbo Twist wheels with MPSS tires
1/19 - Installed rewrapped thicker 996 three spoke steering wheel, replaced steering column trim with black pieces, installed color-matched Arena Red center console, 997 shifter and contrasting e-brake handle, upgraded amber tail lights to gray/red updated version
2/19 - 56,300 - Blackstone oil analysis with oil change/filter
3/19 - 56,850 - 993 RS Engine Mounts installed, HVAC blower flap repaired
4/02 - 56,865 - PPI completed at G-Design Racing 630-750-4152
6/05 - 56,880 - (2) 225/45/18 Michelin Pilot Super Sport Tires installed
6/10 - 56,885 - Sunroof Motor replaced & rain drains cleaned

The car had a print out when I bought it showing no over revs, but I cannot find it. I will pull another DME report this week and add that to the folder of photos/files of the car. On the car are also aftermarket headers (could not verify which company) and gundo exhausts (adds 3rd bypass pipe for additional volume)

What Else?

The car also has aftermarket headers (could not verify what brand) and Gundo mufflers installed. That means it sounds awesome and has no drone while driving. As you’ll see in the photo gallery the Blackstone oil analysis came back SPOTLESS, so you are sure to get a car where you can sleep well at night not worrying about IMS issues or otherwise. Shifting is precise, and the car is a real blast to drive. The original gray trim & steering wheel/e-brake/shifter are included - but I really doubt you’d want those anyway. The car comes with its original owners manuals, radio book and several hard cover 996 dealer brochures from when the car was released.

I’ve done a ton of work in a short amount of time to get the car just right for the spring, but I can't bring it with me out west. For an additional $600 I will include a set of perfect fitment Carrera IV wheels with Michelin Alpin winter tires that have full tread, but are a couple years out of date (no cracking/bubbles, etc).

So there you have it - an amazing car with everything covered in total detail ready for the next owner. Illinois title is clear, in my name with no liens. Car is stored at my parents’ garage near ORD airport under a fitted cotton car cover ready for the next owner to pick up/ship.

Price:

$28,000.

There are a ton of 996s available, many in varying conditions and much fewer with full service/ownership documentation. Even fewer are in desirable colors, low miles, with Aerokit and 0 stories.

I realize it’s on the high end - but you get the peace of mind for an excellent, sorted car at the right time of the year to have a blast during the next few months.

>>> 100 + Photos + Carfax + Docs <<<

Last edited by hexagone; 07-22-2019 at 05:29 PM.
Old 04-02-2019, 05:56 PM
hexagone will become famous soon enoughhexagone will become famous soon enough
Update - PPI was done by Joey B @ G Design Racing and passed with flying colors, but buyer could not make the purchase happen.

What was discovered:

Front tires have good tread, but slightly old (2012)

Minor wetness near rear oil pan, nothing to be alarmed about.

Over Revs:

Ignitions Range 1: 3785 - 1773h
Ignitions Range 2: 10 - 650h
Operating hours: 2094

Additionally, my pricing is spot on based on this auction: https://bringatrailer.com/listing/19...11-carrera-65/ where a car with 20k more miles and aftermarket wheels sold for $26,500 after fees.

Old 04-15-2019, 01:05 PM
bump

Old 04-28-2019, 08:02 PM
bump

Old 06-08-2019, 08:19 AM
Car is still available.

Just installed brand new Pilot Super Sport front tires because the originals were out of date. Car is detailed, under a cover and ready to go.

Old 07-22-2019, 05:33 PM
bump