Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Location (State):

New custom 3" Exhaust Build by T3. Dynos Added. 60+ whp

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-05-2012, 10:37 PM
Engine Guy Is a GOD !Engine Guy Is a GOD !Engine Guy Is a GOD !Engine Guy Is a GOD !Engine Guy Is a GOD !Engine Guy Is a GOD !Engine Guy Is a GOD !Engine Guy Is a GOD !Engine Guy Is a GOD !Engine Guy Is a GOD !Engine Guy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Tim941NYC
His first post was post# 6 read it.
I read it and see nothing wrong with it.... But I think some children here need a time out or a good spanking....

OH yeah here are my thoughts about this last page.

Attached Images  
Old 01-05-2012, 10:37 PM
raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !
As the PCA Secretary this is the best you have? If Mark has a problem with my take on what I see he can get one of the moderators to wave the magic wand and all will removed. Mark can also put on his big boy pants and do it himself. Let me ask you this, how do you feel paying Mark for Protomotives proven and test products repackaged? Just one more guy stepping on your dollar.. And your the PCA Secretary
Wow, you are really showing your true color in this thread! I am not the "PCA Secretary." If you know how to read I am the Kentucky Region PCA Secretary. If you have ever been to a regional PCA event you would know what that entails outside of the drinking and BSing.

I am fully aware of Markski's products and my tune is not a Promotive variant that he resells. Anyone can throw some pipes together and call it an exhaust or resell other products. It is the person behind the company that makes the difference.

I am done trying to "communicate" with you. You obviously have some beef and just trying to use this thread as a springboard to try to get some traction for your "cause." That is pretty sad.

Old 01-05-2012, 11:04 PM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
I wish he did date my sister. Wait I would not wish that on a enemy The fact is he is a sponsor and this is a thread about the OP making/having his OWN exhaust system on his own car. Who clicked on this thread to read about Markski's exhaust? Not me. And not the OP! I hope OP acid etches "YELLOWSKI" on a nameplate and tac's it to his exhaust. What is crazy is all the nut huggers that race to the defense of a sponsor who uses excuses like "sorry I have been up for days jet lag" when he was totally wrong in his advise or gives two different statements for the same question as in the use of a boost controller. Oh and I will bet no one clicked on this thread to read this either so If someone wants to continue the latter topic they should feel free to open a new thread about it and I will meet you there
Im not even going to go there... whatever your on it must be really good... enjoy the trip...
Im sure you think I made up my jet lag "excuse"... I traveled a lot 2 prior days... not that it matters, unfortunately I looked at the wrong color coded line with arrows ( blue and red on that ebc drawing)... thank you for pointing out my mistake so graciously AGAIN... your right every time... BTW, I talked over email as that member got a hold of me and I explained it 2 days before that drawing was published correctly... And Mark, well he wanted to hang out when he is in Chicago, beer etc. that type of thing... Im guessing a thank you for just answering calls and emails when he had issues. I did not think that one picture of a few "raw" parts in question that Mark pointed out ( not the whole exhaust like you stated) would cause such a big deal... I guess I was wrong... Again....
BTW, long before this thread was started Mark gave me the opportunity to make the exhaust for him( we mutuality agreed not to go thru with the project)... so I am not angry nor POed that he did his version... I'm glad he is building his own... I meant every word of it...
Most of your comments towards me are demeaning and questionable, you remind me of some FOX news commentators that have nothing to loose and everything to gain...
I refuse to argue and stoop to your level... good luck and here is my boarding pass, yes I really really was abroad and did not sleep for 2 days... I took a few minutes out of the day to actually scan it, upload it, and post it just for you... so you don't think Im just pushing my exhausts...
sorry for taking up space on this thread Mark, I really did not mean it in a negative way... in any way....

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Old 01-05-2012, 11:17 PM
Nikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant future
His first post was post# 6 read it.
I don't get it. So what? What is wrong with that post?

Old 01-06-2012, 03:26 AM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
We all have mixed opinions when vendors post in members' threads. Please be courteous, take the high road, and keep this thread about prodigymb's custom built exhaust.

Thanks.

bob

Last edited by bbywu; 01-06-2012 at 03:51 AM.
Old 01-06-2012, 06:52 AM
VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !
I vote for the people who have issues with Markski not air them here and the OP to continue this thread on topic. This Isn't some cut throat community and we are not lions looking to jump on the first vendor who we have issue with. Why are we doing this with markski? If you don't want markski to post in your thread, don't mention him and his product! Can we put egos aside here? I just want this thread to help me when I do my exhaust build. How is this helping the people looking to build an exhaust?

Old 01-06-2012, 09:38 AM
pumptech has a reputation beyond reputepumptech has a reputation beyond reputepumptech has a reputation beyond reputepumptech has a reputation beyond reputepumptech has a reputation beyond reputepumptech has a reputation beyond reputepumptech has a reputation beyond reputepumptech has a reputation beyond reputepumptech has a reputation beyond reputepumptech has a reputation beyond reputepumptech has a reputation beyond repute
AnywAy...I'm gonna stay out for sure. How many man hours you guess on the exhaust?

Old 01-06-2012, 09:59 AM
Basic Sponsor
Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by MARKSKI@911tuning
I think your reading too much into it... you referenced my exhaust as being smaller etc.- as "can resonators" which they are not. I wanted to show you and readers what they were... sorry maybe I should have pm-ed you or emailed. ... Im not mad nor angry nor trying to promote my product- you referenced my mufflers without knowing what OD and structure is- I think I can clarify that right? If you referred to my exhaust I guess I can mention that I responded to at least 10 emails and 10 texts helping you find the boost leaks and error codes- including looking at the videos and pics at no cost to you .... am I missing something here? we all on the same team?
all i said was that we used bigger oval mufflers and what you used looked like pre-muffler resonator which yields a louder product that sounds fantastic and a lot of people are after. just so we are clear i did not mean to insinuate that bigger is better ( although thats what she said ). Bigger is quieter if using quality parts - is really the only thing I was alluding to. After first start up my exhaust is actually very very quiet - especially for a 3". Much quieter then any true 3" I've heard in person or video. on a side note i was not the first to refer to your exhuast, one of your cheerleaders jokingly suggested we got the X-pipe from you. which could be take as a compliment or as an insinuation that the fabricator is unable to make one of similar craftsmanship.

as far as the emails go - i am actually REALLY surprised you would bring that up here since it doesnt pertain to this discussion at all. i appreciate the help you provided on my pressure testing situation. you help a BUNCH of people here "for free" right? out of them maybe 20% are your customers, i happen to actually be one of them.... so i would have never expected that to be rubbed in my face

Originally Posted by johnspeed
Wow...Thats nice of you and you did not even do the tune in his car........
it has nothing to do with who tuned my car. its not like i asked markski to help diagnose a tune problem. he helped me find a check valve that was leaking in process of chasing a code that is actually caused by something else and Dave@EPL figured that part out. next time i help people on the forum i'll include a paypal account at the end of my post ... so they can paypal me for my help.

Originally Posted by vntperformance
Looking good Mark, very very similiar to my current setup.
thanks Val !

Originally Posted by raineycd
Seems quite simple, if you don't want Markski posting in your thread, then don't incorrectly reference his products.
I DO want Markski posting in my thread, with courtesy and on topic though and not go into a PAGE long explanation about his product and how it's made etc. It's unnecessary, it's advertising in my thread (whether your eyes are open to see it is up to you). If he did not like that that i called his mufflers - resonators. He could have just posted "They are actually small hand made mufflers " and we could have carried on. Do you see my point??? Is that too much to ask?

Originally Posted by MARKSKI@911tuning
... And Mark, well he wanted to hang out when he is in Chicago, beer etc. that type of thing... Im guessing a thank you for just answering calls and emails when he had issues. I did not think that one picture of a few "raw" parts in question that Mark pointed out ( not the whole exhaust like you stated) would cause such a big deal... I guess I was wrong... Again....
BTW, long before this thread was started Mark gave me the opportunity to make the exhaust for him( we mutuality agreed not to go thru with the project)... so I am not angry nor POed that he did his version... I'm glad he is building his own... I meant every word of it...
The fact that i said mufflers we used were larger then yours was not a insult or a diss to you !!! It was just a factual statement since people already started comparing the system to yours, naturally due to visual resemblances. I was going for a quieter maximum performance system and therefore we went with larger mufflers.

The 2nd part is correct. I do not think I need to comment on that here, just like I do not think you needed to rub your help in my face. BTW a respected member sent me a handful of PMs on your fuel pump kit asking me for my feedback etc. I took my time giving positive feedback, install tips etc - and this isn't the first time, or that I recommened it to 2 friends who will be getting it within next few months. Using your logic - should I be paid commission ???? LOL

my comment to you was not hostile given our prior converstations you should have known that, your cheerleaders may not. i simply asked you not to mix my new exhaust project thread into a for sale thread for your exhaust - just respect and courtesy.

Originally Posted by bbywu
We all have mixed opinions when vendors post in members' threads. Please be courteous, take the high road, and keep this thread about prodigymb's custom built exhaust.

Thanks.

bob
I welcome Markskis posts and everyone elses posts. Despite what a few people think Markski and I have a good standing realtionship with zero beef even though my car was tuned by the other camp

However I (along with ALOT of other people who follow this thread, friends who arent forum members) thought he was steering this thread offtopic, first the magnaflow crap then with a rant how he builds his own mufflers. Just like I would with anyone else I said what was on mind. Im sorry I got the fan club rialed up, you can holster your keyboards.

997TT SlowBerry - 205.0 mph 1/2 Mile WR Nov 2018, 9.7 @ 170 mph 1/4 Mile , 3.2 60-130 mph , 2.4 100-150 mph , 1420whp E85
ESMOTOR | DO88 | TPC DSC | SYVECS | COBB | IPD | KLINE | XONA | AMS | ID | ERP | SACHS | TURBOSMART | CSF | DODSON |
Old 01-06-2012, 10:01 AM
Basic Sponsor
Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by pumptech
AnywAy...I'm gonna stay out for sure. How many man hours you guess on the exhaust?
40+ I believe. Not including the true-dual 3" tips we decided to make last night which are going to be tough...

997TT SlowBerry - 205.0 mph 1/2 Mile WR Nov 2018, 9.7 @ 170 mph 1/4 Mile , 3.2 60-130 mph , 2.4 100-150 mph , 1420whp E85
ESMOTOR | DO88 | TPC DSC | SYVECS | COBB | IPD | KLINE | XONA | AMS | ID | ERP | SACHS | TURBOSMART | CSF | DODSON |
Old 01-06-2012, 10:13 AM
raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by prodigymb
40+ I believe. Not including the true-dual 3" tips we decided to make last night which are going to be tough...
Not to seem rude or criticize, cause I like what you are doing, but it would seem that the time and parts cost would exceed that of what vendors are offering for a similar setup.

40 hours at $75 an hour (which is probably on the low side) is $3000 and then add in parts - probably at least $500-1000.

Just curious as to the route you took and why...

Old 01-06-2012, 10:22 AM
Basic Sponsor
Originally Posted by raineycd
Not to seem rude or criticize, cause I like what you are doing, but it would seem that the time and parts cost would exceed that of what vendors are offering for a similar setup.

40 hours at $75 an hour (which is probably on the low side) is $3000 and then add in parts - probably at least $500-1000.

Just curious as to the route you took and why...
easy - its the first 911 turbo full exhaust he has made. so measurements had to be taken, testing things, designing the X pipe, tips etc etc etc. repeat system will take less time. make sense?

Old 01-06-2012, 10:28 AM
easy - its the first 911 turbo full exhaust he has made. so measurements had to be taken, testing things, designing the X pipe, tips etc etc etc. repeat system will take less time. make sense?
Yep, I just assumed it was a one-off, but if it is R&D for production than makes sense.

Old 01-06-2012, 10:58 AM
XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !
I was going to say hope you're making a jig.

Old 01-06-2012, 11:19 AM
pumptech has a reputation beyond reputepumptech has a reputation beyond reputepumptech has a reputation beyond reputepumptech has a reputation beyond reputepumptech has a reputation beyond reputepumptech has a reputation beyond reputepumptech has a reputation beyond reputepumptech has a reputation beyond reputepumptech has a reputation beyond reputepumptech has a reputation beyond reputepumptech has a reputation beyond repute
Yeh I agree since it's the first one it would be much longer and that's how it's going to be with mine. Parts was about 1300-1500 for me but i do have about $600 in Vbands. Guy is a buddy of mine so he seems OK with $500 labor and all the beer he can stand. JIG for sure!!

Old 01-06-2012, 12:13 PM
Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !
I always liked that fact that it is there because of you and is there the way you wanted it. It is not a me too part but one of this is like this because I wanted this or that to sound or perform like this. More power to you. Making all those miters and segmented cut is very time consuming and tricky. Money well spent and looking forward for your next mod.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: New custom 3" Exhaust Build by T3. Dynos Added. 60+ whp