997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Arrived!! Speedtech 3" x pipe catless w/full dual 3" tips

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-02-2014, 09:51 PM
Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !
Arrived!! Speedtech 3" x pipe catless w/full dual 3" tips

The week I bought my car I ordered this set up!

My car is currently at Autowerks ready to get a bunch of long awaited mods installed and I would be doing a separated thread in that regards.

This thread is dedicated to my long awaited Speedtech 3" X pipe, catless, full 3" dual tips exhaust system!

I have much to say as this is the exact system I wanted on my 996. I was talking to John back last year and being his system was modular, we were thinking of replacing my muffler with the X pipe for even more exotic sound! I also wanted to do a full 3" dual tips, but at the time John didn't have a easy solution for me with our necking down the tips to a smaller size then the 3" size of the system.

Well FINALLY I AM GOING TO HAVE THE EXACT SYSTEM I ALWAY WANTED ON THE CAR!!

It is a work of art and almost was tempted to keep it in my living room as car art and not install it...BUT one of the real reasons for me getting this and selling my FABSPEED 200CELL HJS STRAIGHT pipes (I purchased the Fabspeed just because the old owner had them and I refused to drive a Dyson vacuum cleaner while I waited on my Speedtech to arrive!) is for the exotic sound, shriek up top, the burbles, crack, pop, fire show on deceleration, etc!!!

It should completely turn the experience of driving this car to a whole new exotic level....The way a $200k CDN exotic sports car should of come from the factory!!

I can't wait to hear it live on my 997 and I know it should sound like my symphony that was played on me Speedtech 3.0 on my 996, but at another level of higher emotions!!

I have to say that John at Speedtech has treated me with the best customer service that I can remember EVEN BEFORE I PURCHASED ANYTHING FROM HIM (as I bought my 996 Speedtech used)!! He has spend ALOT of time with me over the phone with answering questions with my used 996 SpeedTech exhaust, as if I bought it from him new! His customer service is almost bar none that I have come across in the industry (with the exception of Todd at Protomotive being his equal) and his product is equally impressive!

Look forward to a full write up soon as I should get my car back Mon or Tues next week!

MAR 2015:

My son just quickly put this together of different clips of my Speedtech from last year. There is some inside, outside drive offs, idle and high rev clips.

I will get some clips with someone following me on the streets this spring.

Thanks

Bobby Ali

ba

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 2 - Copy.JPG
Views:	978
Size:	669.0 KB
ID:	393883   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 1.JPG
Views:	919
Size:	622.5 KB
ID:	393884   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 2.JPG
Views:	884
Size:	664.9 KB
ID:	393885   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 4.JPG
Views:	835
Size:	704.7 KB
ID:	393886   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 1 - Copy.JPG
Views:	661
Size:	653.1 KB
ID:	393887  

Last edited by Bobbyfali; 03-18-2015 at 09:35 PM.
Old 07-02-2014, 10:08 PM
Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !
I told John I wanted cat-less! LOL J/K's

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 1 - Copy (3).JPG
Views:	724
Size:	472.6 KB
ID:	393889   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 1 - Copy (2).JPG
Views:	613
Size:	563.1 KB
ID:	393890   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 2 - Copy (2).JPG
Views:	666
Size:	503.7 KB
ID:	393891  
Old 07-03-2014, 09:29 AM
maverickdxb has a reputation beyond reputemaverickdxb has a reputation beyond reputemaverickdxb has a reputation beyond reputemaverickdxb has a reputation beyond reputemaverickdxb has a reputation beyond reputemaverickdxb has a reputation beyond reputemaverickdxb has a reputation beyond reputemaverickdxb has a reputation beyond reputemaverickdxb has a reputation beyond reputemaverickdxb has a reputation beyond reputemaverickdxb has a reputation beyond repute
congrats! you'll love the sound like i did!

Old 07-03-2014, 09:41 AM
kchu221 has a reputation beyond reputekchu221 has a reputation beyond reputekchu221 has a reputation beyond reputekchu221 has a reputation beyond reputekchu221 has a reputation beyond reputekchu221 has a reputation beyond reputekchu221 has a reputation beyond reputekchu221 has a reputation beyond reputekchu221 has a reputation beyond reputekchu221 has a reputation beyond reputekchu221 has a reputation beyond repute
damnn that **** is gonna be loud! hahah congrats and enjoy her in good health!

Old 07-03-2014, 06:59 PM
Originally Posted by kchu221

I do not mind loud as in DB levels, I just can't deal with resonance! I currently have FabSpeed Straight pipes on with 200cell HJS cats and how loud it is does not bother me, it is the DRONE that kills me!

Even if the Fabspeed straight pipes didn't have drone, after driving my 996 with the X Speedtech exhaust I would want the beautiful sound back from the Speedtech anyways!

The loudness on my previous mufflered Speedtech X was fine, but now with no mufflers it should be louder, BUT it should have more of a sharp noted shriek all around!! aka a more exotic sound!

I actually believe that the very little drone that was on the 3" X, got less when I de catted it and I believe now with out a muffler it should even be less drone. Even John at Speedtech says the same from his testings...well I am very excited and we will have to wait and see!

Thanks

Bobby Ali

ba

Last edited by Bobbyfali; 07-03-2014 at 09:43 PM.
Old 07-03-2014, 07:52 PM
Basic Sponsor
John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Bobbyfali
I told John I wanted cat-less! LOL J/K's
Good one :-) I'm pleased to see it made it safely to your home!

Bobby, congratulations on a really great choice for the 997TT! I'm anxious for you to experience our pure 3.0 X-Pipe. It sounds absolutely phenomenal and is a pure joy to operate. I know you liked the 3.0 X-Flow muffler, but wait until you hear this...personally, I have heard most every system made for the 997TT and IMO, I have never heard anything better! Keep in touch...

2022 Cayenne White
former 1972 911T white, 1984 911 3.2 Targa black, 993 cab white, 993TT arena red, 993TT silver, 996TT speed yellow, 991.1 GT3 white
www.speedtechexhausts.com
info@speedtechexhausts.com
Testimonials facebook SpeedTech Exhaust Videos
Old 07-03-2014, 08:18 PM
Basic Sponsor
John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by kchu221
Yes, when you want it to be it can be very loud, but it's a good loud. None of the drone associated with most louder systems. This system is totally livable at all times, under all conditions, yet it absolutely screams at high RPM WOT. It's a very unique, desirable blend that we are proud to have created...

2022 Cayenne White
former 1972 911T white, 1984 911 3.2 Targa black, 993 cab white, 993TT arena red, 993TT silver, 996TT speed yellow, 991.1 GT3 white
Old 07-06-2014, 04:26 AM
AriS4 has a reputation beyond reputeAriS4 has a reputation beyond reputeAriS4 has a reputation beyond reputeAriS4 has a reputation beyond reputeAriS4 has a reputation beyond reputeAriS4 has a reputation beyond reputeAriS4 has a reputation beyond reputeAriS4 has a reputation beyond reputeAriS4 has a reputation beyond reputeAriS4 has a reputation beyond reputeAriS4 has a reputation beyond repute
are the ceramic coated 3" tips available by themselves ?

Old 07-06-2014, 10:57 AM
Basic Sponsor
Yes, the tips are available separately in either polished or ceramic, but they are only designed to work with our system or if you have a custom 3" exhaust, they could be adapted...

2022 Cayenne White
Old 07-06-2014, 12:05 PM
Tareq has a brilliant futureTareq has a brilliant futureTareq has a brilliant futureTareq has a brilliant futureTareq has a brilliant futureTareq has a brilliant futureTareq has a brilliant futureTareq has a brilliant futureTareq has a brilliant futureTareq has a brilliant futureTareq has a brilliant future
Congrats Buddy! Looks great

Give us a sound clip when you get the chance!

Old 07-06-2014, 08:48 PM
Originally Posted by Tareq
Congrats Buddy! Looks great

Give us a sound clip when you get the chance!
You can bank on that!

Last edited by Bobbyfali; 07-19-2014 at 02:18 PM.
Old 08-12-2014, 02:17 PM
**finally got my machine back!! Everything i hoped for it to be!!**

Quick update on my Speetech exhaust!

I just got my car back on Friday and I would talk about my other upgrades in another thread, BUT WOW THIS EXHASUT IS EVERYTHING I IMAGINED AND MORE!!

I knew I wanted another Speedtech 3" the moment I bought the 997, because of my 996T experience, but I wanted more shriek so I knew I had to go with the mufflerless version. Believe it or not this exhaust has less drone then the LITTLE I had with the 996T 3" muffler version. When talking to John he told me that his 3" catless x race version can compete with any Italian exotic out there for sound! At first I thought, "well I know his exhaust transforms the 911 experience based on my previous experience, but compete with Italian exotics!", I knew he was just a little excited. WELL HIS STATEMENT IS TRUE and if I had to do just two mods to my 911 it would be this exact exhaust and flash and call it a day!!

I almost do not even want to record it unless it is getting the full spectrum of sound, because I do not want to rob anything from this piece of art! I recorded my start up with some throttle (glorious), but after I listened to the play back I was shocked by how much you DIDN'T HEAR from real life....YOU NEED TO HEAR THIS EXHAUST IN PERSON PERIOD, RECORDING WILL NOT TO JUSTICE!

I went to pay my invoice from the Porsche shop (Autowerks) that did the labour so I can pick my car up later that night (as they would be closed). After all that work I asked the shop owner for the keys so I can just hear this much anticipated sound of this system!! The shop owner suggested I drive it and you would figure after all the power mods I did that I would want to, but I said no I just want to hear the sound!

Well sure enough when I fired it up with a little throttle my newly installed ERP LWFW just flew the RPMS up to 4Krpm in a blink of an eye and the sound ....after I settled myself from the glorious sound, I almost wept with joy !! BULLSEYE, BULLSEYE, BULLSEYE it sounded so exotic, the tone, the rasp, THE SHARPNESS AND over all that exotic sound there is always a pronounced turbo whistle!!!....I immediately went against my judgement and HAD TO take the car for a spin...NOT TO FEEL THE POWER, BUT JUST TO HEAR THIS EXUAHST SYSTEM ROLLING!! I really can not explain how this has changed my car! From before I would just take the car out to feel power to now, I find my self just driving to listen and experience the quick revving (LWFW & EVOMS under drive crack pulley) and just listen to this sweet sound!

The shop owner that has heard many, many exhaust systems over the past 20years (in the Porsche world) and quite often costing 2-3 times more said he can not remember a better sounding exhaust, he also had to drive the car from his race shop to his retail shop and said it was so surprised of the lack of resonance & how drivable it was for such a free flowing exhaust system. The shop Service manager said HE HAS NEVER HEARD A 911 SOUND so good before period! He also commented that the quality is up there with those costing 2-3 times more.

I can truly attest to the above statements, it is a exotic sounding system that is loud(you can drive it quiet if need be), BUT YOU CAN DRIVE IT WITH OUT IT SHAKING YOUR ****PIT out of place (as my previous HJS 200cell Fabspeed straight pipes) and cruise on the highway with out drone! I rarely drive with my windows down in hot humid weather and almost never have the sunroof open when the suns directly out.....well my A/C has almost never been on and all my windows and sunroof has been open...just so I can continue to experience the sound. Being when you close your windows the sound is NOT intrusive (just can't fully hear all the octaves of the symphony) and there is almost no drone where you drive! Even just driving from a stop light and going through the gears at a regular "keep up with traffic pace", sounds so good, I started not minding red lights and was looking forward to them so I can go up and down even the low rpm band (ie 1200rpms to 4Krpms). It has all the right sounds that fit a car that cost ($200 000CDN new) and when you wind it up through to 7K it shrieks and barks with a razer sharp sound that send shivers down your spine and A BIG DAMN SMILE ACCROSS YOUR FACE (seriously I had a smile so big driving this car, almost giddy about the sound I was getting out of this flat six, people might of though I was crazy!!)!!

I have had the car for a couple of months and people have took a quick look at the car before (I DO NOT SOLICITE ATTENTION!!), but since I got the car back with this exhaust I have had many unsolicited thumbs up as I have been revving it up in parking lots to get over speed bumps etc. I was at my friends wedding and the groom wanted to get a drive in my car, so he brought his newly wedded wife in the car. When I fired it up with a little throttle, the way the sharp racing note assaulted the air waves, I quickly had many people looking and giving praise of the sound. My friends wife is not into cars like her husband and as soon as we started driving, her first comment is how nice the car sounded!

I personally can not see anyone not getting this exhaust over anything else (my opinion) after hearing it and it mannerisms!! It sound damn exotic, with ALL THE RIGHT SYMPHANY OF SOUNDS & NUANCES, in the back ground you and everyone else is always reminded that it is a TURBO with the pronounced turbo whistle and it is unbelievably street able. If you want it quieter with out loosing too much of the for-mentioned I can see you doing stock sized tips (I did the FULL 3" DUAL TIPS THAT DO NOT NECK DOWN) OR even his 2.5 version of this. For me the 3" is just DARN PERFECT!! I left my uncles home around 12 at night and I just drove off with sport button off and kept RPMs low without a problem, BUT when I drive my car for 90% of the way I want it is amazing & must be experienced in a 911!

John, I would like to say after years of unparalleled great customer service and creating this piece of art, all I have to say is "BULLSEYE!!"!!!!

Thanks

Bobby Ali

ba

Last edited by Bobbyfali; 08-12-2014 at 02:20 PM.
Old 08-12-2014, 08:28 PM
shahhm will become famous soon enoughshahhm will become famous soon enough
are we getting a sound clip??? even though it might not do it justice, i'm sure everyone is dying to hear what it sounds like after that review!

I have a 997.2 and i started out with just buying the x-pipe muffler delete system. I'm sure I'll add more from speedtech as time goes on but i'm getting it installed on Friday so I will certainly upload some sound clips before and after once it's done but looking forward to hearing yours on here also!

Old 08-12-2014, 09:27 PM
Basic Sponsor
Hi Bobby,

It's great to receive feedback like this and know you are enjoying your SpeedTech exhaust so much. I kind of knew you would have this reaction, but one can never be positive, so it's reassuring to see you post about your experience.

Just like you and your shop discovered, I actually get a lot of emails and calls descibing similar elation after installing our 3.0 or 2.5 X-Pipe. Thanks for letting us know we are doing things right!

Also, it's nice to see a thorough review like this on 6speed, as I see a lot of potential customers/forum members following the pack and making what I consider "less than perfect choices" on their exhaust mod. Many of them are not aware of the SpeedTech experience and hopefully your sharing this information will increase awareness of this fantastic option for the 997TT.

I run one on my car, so I understand exactly what you are saying and how it is hard to "put into words" the incredible sound and experience that this system provides!

I really liked to hear that you agreed that it competes with the Italian exotics in sound quality, too! :-)

Take care and enjoy your new system - thanks again for putting your faith in us!

2022 Cayenne White
Old 08-13-2014, 09:15 PM
The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !
sweeeeeet! I'm looking forward to hearing it (and meeting you too Bobby, lol)

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Arrived!! Speedtech 3" x pipe catless w/full dual 3" tips