Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

New insurance...Liberty Mutual

Old 09-19-2014, 11:23 AM
rscultho is on a distinguished road
New insurance...Liberty Mutual

So I got some new insurance with Liberty Mutual. They will cover my DBS.

I went from $462 a month (State Farm) for my DBS and wife's XJL (and my F250) to $263 a month. I also saved over $700 a year on my house policy.

I'd suggest checking them out. They are very competitive.

Old 09-19-2014, 11:41 AM
karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !
Amazing how different insurance rates are from one place to another. My Aston insurance is about $550 every 6 months through State Farm. That is for 500/150/300 coverage with a $1k deductible.

Old 09-19-2014, 11:45 AM
koolkat1973 will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by rscultho
So I got some new insurance with Liberty Mutual. They will cover my DBS.

I went from $462 a month (State Farm) for my DBS and wife's XJL (and my F250) to $263 a month. I also saved over $700 a year on my house policy.

I'd suggest checking them out. They are very competitive.
The only problem with Liberty Mutual is that they will jacked up your premium like crazy when it's time to renew. I used them for 3 years and felt the same as you when I made the switch initially. And then when it was time to renew, I was shocked at the new premium payment. It was so much I had to call my agent because I thought it was a mistake but my agent said that it's normal. Then at the next renewal, then exact same thing happened. So this year, I made the switch from Liberty Mutual to Geico for my Auto. Enjoy the saving for this year but don't be surprised next year when it's time to renew.

I should also add that is with no accident claim nor speeding tickets.

Last edited by koolkat1973; 09-19-2014 at 11:47 AM. Reason: Added another thing
Old 09-19-2014, 11:51 AM
rscultho is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by koolkat1973
The only problem with Liberty Mutual is that they will jacked up your premium like crazy when it's time to renew. I used them for 3 years and felt the same as you when I made the switch initially. And then when it was time to renew, I was shocked at the new premium payment. It was so much I had to call my agent because I thought it was a mistake but my agent said that it's normal. Then at the next renewal, then exact same thing happened. So this year, I made the switch from Liberty Mutual to Geico for my Auto. Enjoy the saving for this year but don't be surprised next year when it's time to renew.

I should also add that is with no accident claim nor speeding tickets.
That is the reason I switched from State Farm. They went up onmy rate simply because state law allowed them to. They increased my rates almost 20%, including my homeowners policy.

Well, there is Progressive. They will cover my DBS and were only $233 more over the whole year over Liberty Mutual.

I was honest and told them the DBS is my daily driver, which increased my rate.

I will keep an eye on them.

Old 09-19-2014, 11:53 AM
telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !
I've had USAA for a long time, I'm pretty happy with them. Thanks for the heads up, though. Insurance can be a pain.

Originally Posted by rscultho
I was honest and told them the DBS is my daily driver, which increased my rate.
Honest with your insurance company? Well this is a new tactic

Old 09-19-2014, 12:58 PM
Banned
CALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond repute
I have had LM for decades on all my insurable assets plus an umbrella policy. I do a few checks from time to time and they have always remained very competitive and the CS is very good when you call. You actually talk to someone in this country and they all seem to sound like English is their first language.

Old 09-19-2014, 07:12 PM
zvez is just really nicezvez is just really nicezvez is just really nicezvez is just really nice
USAA for most all my insurance needs for decades now. I think my AM policy is costing me around $1200 a year with similar coverage limits to Karls.

Old 09-19-2014, 09:40 PM
midwestamv8 has much to be proud ofmidwestamv8 has much to be proud ofmidwestamv8 has much to be proud ofmidwestamv8 has much to be proud ofmidwestamv8 has much to be proud ofmidwestamv8 has much to be proud ofmidwestamv8 has much to be proud ofmidwestamv8 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by karlfranz
Amazing how different insurance rates are from one place to another. My Aston insurance is about $550 every 6 months through State Farm. That is for 500/150/300 coverage with a $1k deductible.
Good to know I'm not getting *too* big of a shaft for being a young guy I'm 29 and pay $777 / 6 mos through state farm for my 07 V8v (I also have my DD, my house, and some pers article policies and an umbrella with them). $500 deductible (could probably raise this) and 250/500/250 coverage (did you list your differently from person / accident / property? I assume in that order you have 150/300/500?)

Interesting that you have 500k property damage I assume, but you do have a brand new car as well. I'm on the fence about upping my aston coverage to 500, especially if I start meeting other local people with fun exotic cars to drive around with . Can never be too insured really. I know the jump from 100k to 250k in property on my 2013 Kia was $6 every six months... no brainer!

Old 09-20-2014, 05:22 AM
karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !
^^^^ A little over a year ago, I was stopped at a light when a girl in a Toyota Corolla bumped into the rear of one of my cars. She caused minimal damage, but due to it being an exotic, the bill was quite high. She had the minimal coverage required by law which is only $10K property damage here. So State Farm put her on a payment plan for the next 3 years to make up the difference for what her insurance did not cover. I didn't even go after her for diminution of value which would have cost her even more.

That incident made me reevaluate my coverage as well. I already had $100k coverage but, like you, going to $500K property damage coverage was only about $1 per month, so it was truly a no-brainer. I participate in a couple of car shows each year with a lot of expensive cars so I thought it would be prudent.

Old 09-20-2014, 03:17 PM
midwestamv8 has much to be proud ofmidwestamv8 has much to be proud ofmidwestamv8 has much to be proud ofmidwestamv8 has much to be proud ofmidwestamv8 has much to be proud ofmidwestamv8 has much to be proud ofmidwestamv8 has much to be proud ofmidwestamv8 has much to be proud of
Did you not have underinsured motorist coverage? Or is this how it planned out even with underinsured coverage?

Originally Posted by karlfranz
^^^^ A little over a year ago, I was stopped at a light when a girl in a Toyota Corolla bumped into the rear of one of my cars. She caused minimal damage, but due to it being an exotic, the bill was quite high. She had the minimal coverage required by law which is only $10K property damage here. So State Farm put her on a payment plan for the next 3 years to make up the difference for what her insurance did not cover. I didn't even go after her for diminution of value which would have cost her even more.

That incident made me reevaluate my coverage as well. I already had $100k coverage but, like you, going to $500K property damage coverage was only about $1 per month, so it was truly a no-brainer. I participate in a couple of car shows each year with a lot of expensive cars so I thought it would be prudent.

Old 04-23-2018, 09:49 AM
brightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond repute
I use Mapfre and the Rapide is 25% less a year to insure than our Jaguar XE. The Rapide is also less expensive to insure than our Vantage was.

Old 04-23-2018, 10:19 AM
Prefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud of
My 2015 V12S is $360 a month with Allstate - $90 while in winder storage - that's $1000 more annually than when I had a 2015 V8 Vantage GT

Old 04-23-2018, 11:02 AM
MRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond repute
Since mine in not a daily driver, my insurance is about $500 a year thru Grundy for classic car and stated value

Last edited by MRCW; 04-23-2018 at 12:46 PM.
Old 04-23-2018, 12:20 PM
davidm17 is on a distinguished road
I use Grundy as well. Can't be your daily driver and must be garaged. I like the agreed value coverage.

Old 04-23-2018, 07:55 PM
Aldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud of
Liberty Mutual...I like for my business. I have used for many years. I make my broker get three quotes written each year from top companies to keep honest.

I had Geico for years and years for personal cars. They refused to insure my Aston Vantage...All State jumped in with under 800 a year for total coverage...no limit on mileage...etc...

My car is 09 Vantage V8...in South New Jersey area

Interesting to see insurance varies so much area to area....nice threat..

Evening

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: New insurance...Liberty Mutual