Panamera The 4-dour coupe by Porsche
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need to replace 2011 Panamera Turbo Brakes

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-28-2015, 03:31 PM
sypherdiaz is just really nicesypherdiaz is just really nicesypherdiaz is just really nicesypherdiaz is just really nicesypherdiaz is just really nice

Was at Porsche Oakville for an oil change - my brakes are almost gone. I was given a quote for about $5000 for the front and rear...

Few questions:

1. Reasonable or not, if not - any alternatives?

2. If I go somewhere else, and say get Brembo brakes installed, does this void any warranty?

Thanks.

Old 07-28-2015, 03:35 PM
porschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant future
Wtf ? 5K for steel oem brakes ? For that price get the aftermarket brembo and repaint the caliper . Usually aftermarket stuff void only the warrenty for that parts , so warranty wont take care if your brembo brakes , in which in the end must be coveres from tunning company

Old 07-28-2015, 08:12 PM
Bart4speed is on a distinguished road
Parts alone:

FRONT Brake Pads

Without Ceramic Brakes Part# 97035194904 $322.48 With Ceramic Brakes Part# 97035194803 $340.90
REAR Brake Pads
Without Ceramic Brakes Part# 97035294904 $227.62 With Ceramic Brakes Part# 97035294703 $275.53
FRONT Rotors
Without Ceramic Brakes Part# 97035140600 $759.82 With Ceramic Brakes Part# 97035140832 $4499.92
REAR Rotors
Without Ceramic Brakes Part# 97035240600 $290.66 With Ceramic Brakes Part# 99735203201 $4036.35

Labor: $160/hr

Now you know what to do. Get parts and go to INDY shop.

Last edited by Bart4speed; 07-28-2015 at 08:14 PM.
Old 07-29-2015, 05:05 AM
P.Viby is on a distinguished road
I just like the PCCB more and more. Here you only need the pads. :-)

Old 07-29-2015, 08:25 AM
TTCarrera is a glorious beacon of lightTTCarrera is a glorious beacon of lightTTCarrera is a glorious beacon of lightTTCarrera is a glorious beacon of lightTTCarrera is a glorious beacon of lightTTCarrera is a glorious beacon of light
By the $5000 price, I assume that your rotors are worn out, not just brake pads.

So the real question we have for you is: How many miles on your car that your rotors (or calipers) are worn out?

But maybe it's not the rotors if you're talking about if you say your thinking of replacing your brakes with Brembos. I would guess you're not talking about replacing your rotors with Brembos. Do you instead mean that there is a problem with your calipers?

By the way, Porsche does not have their own brake factory. Are they not already Brembos on your car?

Last edited by TTCarrera; 07-30-2015 at 01:31 AM.
Old 07-30-2015, 07:06 AM
TheBeav will become famous soon enough

My understanding is that P dealers recommend changing the rotors every time you change the pads. Most indy's would suggest evaluating whether the pads and rotors need replacing independently from each other.

That price is roughly appropriate if you're changing both pads and rotors all the way round, although you could probably save $800 or so if you bought the parts yourself and had an indy do the work.

Pads alone should be more in the range of $500-800 total depending on whether you replace with OEM or replacement pads (e.g., EBC reds).

I'm at 42k miles on my PTT and haven't had to replace either pads or rotors yet, although the pads are getting close. Drive in sports + mode and the engine does most of the braking.

Hope that helps.

Old 07-30-2015, 07:55 AM
TTCarrera is a glorious beacon of lightTTCarrera is a glorious beacon of lightTTCarrera is a glorious beacon of lightTTCarrera is a glorious beacon of lightTTCarrera is a glorious beacon of lightTTCarrera is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by TheBeav
My understanding is that P dealers recommend changing the rotors every time you change the pads. Most indy's would suggest evaluating whether the pads and rotors need replacing independently from each other.
In 41 years of driving, racing and campaigning Porsches, plus following all kinds of motorsports through TV, magazines and websites, I have NEVER heard of rotors wearing out at the same rate as pads.

That would be ridiculous.

Old 07-30-2015, 08:33 AM
sypherdiaz is just really nicesypherdiaz is just really nicesypherdiaz is just really nicesypherdiaz is just really nicesypherdiaz is just really nice
I should probably add some more info.

I bought the car with about 46K last November - from a non-porsche dealer in Ottawa, (swapped my 650i) who picked up from the US a year prior. To my surprise, he never had the vehicle serviced, so I had to get this done as soon I purchased the vehicle. The rotors and pads have to be replaced.

There is 57k on the vehicle now - with (looking at the quote)

"Front brakes at 4mm. Rear brakes @5mm."
"Front and Rear Tires @ 7mm"

For the front and rear rotor set + front brake and rear break pad set would cost about $2200 USD from Suncoast. I can't image the labour for replacing all 4 would amount to another $3k in labour at the dealership.

Pardon my ignorance...Just wanted to gauge other members experience. I am a bit ignorant when it comes to cars...I only fix humans, at least try to

Thanks for everyone's input.

Much appreciated.

Old 07-30-2015, 06:20 PM
I would guess that labor would be 6-8 hours at an indie shop. I would assume they would replace the brake fluid, too.

Old 07-30-2015, 07:01 PM
Goonie is on a distinguished road
$5000 for brakes?!

Go to a local independent shop and see what they will charge you. You can buy good pads online for about $400 for all 4 corners. You most likely don't need rotors.

I love hawk pads. Google them and see what they cost.

Old 07-31-2015, 12:59 AM
Mofongo is on a distinguished road
Has anyone actually replaced their Panamera pads with aftermarket? The only non-Porsche ones I have ever found that fit are OEM supplier and EBC yellowstuff.

Old 07-31-2015, 10:36 AM
Goonie is on a distinguished road
Anyone know if our brakes are shared between other models. For some reason panamera isn't on the list at hawk performance but all the other models are.

Old 07-31-2015, 11:41 PM
Mofongo is on a distinguished road
The calipers on the Panamera are a different design from the sport cars. They are similar to the Cayenne. Looking at the EBC fitting guide, the front pads are the same as the 2010+ Cayenne, but the rear pads are different.

Old 08-10-2015, 06:04 PM
bobolouie is on a distinguished road
So i asked my SA recently about this - he said they try to just replace pads but the rotors often get deep grooves in them, so then you have to replace the rotors to extend pad life - pads and rotors around 4K

Old 08-12-2015, 06:17 PM
my_tom_a is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by sypherdiaz
Was at Porsche Oakville for an oil change - my brakes are almost gone. I was given a quote for about $5000 for the front and rear...

Few questions:

1. Reasonable or not, if not - any alternatives?

2. If I go somewhere else, and say get Brembo brakes installed, does this void any warranty?

Thanks.
So I checked with my dealership here in Northern VA as I too need to replace my brake pads. My service rep told me the same thing that he recommends replacing the rotors and mentioned that even if the rotors may not be completely worn down that I would most likely have to replace them before the next set of pads. I got a quote for a little over 3100 for parts and labor. I'm still a little skeptical that the rotors need to be replaced especially knowing how I brake. I don't take my car out on the track and I'm pretty easy on my brakes.

Anyone recommend a specific set of rotors and pads? I might switch over to Brembo but trying to figure out if I should do drilled or slotted rotors. I also have the silver calipers (4S) and really want to swap them out for red. Although I don't know I want to spend 8K+ on the full Brembo brake package. I just had to drop some cash on new engine for my car (camshaft broke and extended warranty covered a little over 14K on a 22K bill).

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Need to replace 2011 Panamera Turbo Brakes