High Beam bulbs? Any upgrade available?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-12-2015, 11:15 AM
RS6chris! is on a distinguished road
High Beam bulbs? Any upgrade available?

Hi guys

Got a 2011 panny turbo.

The high beam when flashed gives an awful yellow beam of light..(unlike standard headlights bulbs and DRLs)

Has anyone upgraded these bulbs for a crisper/whiter light and/or better look?

If so any one got specs and details of any available?

Thanks in advance

Chris

Old 08-17-2015, 01:37 PM
XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !
Old 04-19-2019, 01:41 PM
fullmetaljacket will become famous soon enough
What type of bulb is the high beam anyway? H7, H11, H1?

Old 04-19-2019, 02:41 PM
XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by fullmetaljacket
What type of bulb is the high beam anyway? H7, H11, H1?
https://www.sylvania-automotive.com/apps/vlrg-us/Vlrg/

Old 04-24-2019, 01:44 AM
Thabk you. Highbeam is a H7!

Old 04-24-2019, 10:49 AM
Paul Rathjen has a reputation beyond reputePaul Rathjen has a reputation beyond reputePaul Rathjen has a reputation beyond reputePaul Rathjen has a reputation beyond reputePaul Rathjen has a reputation beyond reputePaul Rathjen has a reputation beyond reputePaul Rathjen has a reputation beyond reputePaul Rathjen has a reputation beyond reputePaul Rathjen has a reputation beyond reputePaul Rathjen has a reputation beyond reputePaul Rathjen has a reputation beyond repute
I agree. The high beams are almost not worth using, and I rarely do. Is a bulb change really going to fix that>

Old 07-11-2022, 04:43 AM
I didn't want to start a thread on this almost the same topic so I'm just bumping this up. I recently purchased online some LED H7's thinking that I can just simply swap the highbeam halogens with LEDS. To my dismay, found out that there is a locking mechanism that won't allow a replacement bulb to have a big fat fan at the bottom part :-( Without this locking mechanism any bulb would just fall off.

Long and short of it is the LED bulbs I purchased will probably go to waste :-( I'm trying to figure out 2 ways to pursue what I started...

1. Modify the metal locking mechanism to accommodate the fat fan base. Maybe do a little blacksmithing/tinsmithing and make my own bracket to secure the LED bulb assembly on the receptacle.

2. Try those LED bulbs that do not have those big fat fan base. Would you have any suggestions on where to look for these? There are a lot of those China brands that are just $10 bucks but I'm worried that the lumens will not be bright enough to serve the purpose of a highbeam.

OR........ I could just purchase the Philipis Diamond Vision halogen bulbs that emit 5000K (claimed) They say it's the closest to a HID white coming from a halogen.

What do you guys think?

@DogWood any thoughts on this sir? :-)

Old 07-13-2022, 09:17 PM
Originally Posted by fullmetaljacket
I didn't want to start a thread on this almost the same topic so I'm just bumping this up. I recently purchased online some LED H7's thinking that I can just simply swap the highbeam halogens with LEDS. To my dismay, found out that there is a locking mechanism that won't allow a replacement bulb to have a big fat fan at the bottom part :-( Without this locking mechanism any bulb would just fall off.

Long and short of it is the LED bulbs I purchased will probably go to waste :-( I'm trying to figure out 2 ways to pursue what I started...

1. Modify the metal locking mechanism to accommodate the fat fan base. Maybe do a little blacksmithing/tinsmithing and make my own bracket to secure the LED bulb assembly on the receptacle.

2. Try those LED bulbs that do not have those big fat fan base. Would you have any suggestions on where to look for these? There are a lot of those China brands that are just $10 bucks but I'm worried that the lumens will not be bright enough to serve the purpose of a highbeam.

OR........ I could just purchase the Philipis Diamond Vision halogen bulbs that emit 5000K (claimed) They say it's the closest to a HID white coming from a halogen.

What do you guys think?

@DogWood any thoughts on this sir? :-)
So I'll just answer my own query 😉

I successfully installed the LED highbeams on my Pan 970.

The answer is NUMBER 1. Modify the retaining bracket/clip with dremmel so that you can insert the LED bulb.

1. Take out the LED bulbs H7 adaptor - this is the bulb holder around the bulb that lets it sit properly on the receptacle.

2. Dremmel grind the steel bracket so that the bulb can come in without obstructions.

3. Insert the bulb into the retaining clip then finally re install back the h7 bulb holder.

4. Insert and turn clockwise.

Connect the electrical connectors and reinstall your headlight assembly. Your done.

Old 07-14-2022, 10:12 PM
DogWood will become famous soon enoughDogWood will become famous soon enough
nice work!