997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Upgraded my Center Console to Leather

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-22-2016, 12:14 PM
stevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of light
Upgraded my Center Console to Leather

I finally decided enough with the shabby looking soft paint center console. So I ordered a new one in leather from Suncoast - it finally came in and I installed it - really makes a difference; photos don't do it justice. So far the leather in the car has held up incredibly well compared to the soft paint surfaces - wish I would have done this from the very beginning.

Here's the finished install and a detailed DIY PDF for anyone else needing to do similar.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	5D3S7689.jpg
Views:	306
Size:	307.6 KB
ID:	443413   Click image for larger version

Name:	5D3S7691.jpg
Views:	647
Size:	344.1 KB
ID:	443414  
Attached Files
Old 03-22-2016, 12:36 PM
AP1to911 is just really niceAP1to911 is just really niceAP1to911 is just really niceAP1to911 is just really nice
Extremely nice piece .

Love my full leather interior !

Old 03-22-2016, 12:43 PM
crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !
looks great !

this has been on my to-do list for a while. lol

thx for the DIY write-up

Old 03-22-2016, 01:05 PM
RaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of lightRaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of lightRaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of lightRaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of lightRaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of lightRaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of light
Did you research buying the leather and have a shop wrap it or have then supply the leather and cover the console?

I'm thinking Of that when I can afford to do that project.

Old 03-22-2016, 01:32 PM
White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by RaidersR1
Did you research buying the leather and have a shop wrap it or have then supply the leather and cover the console?

FYI: Exclusive option has very nice OEM matching leather products! I actually think they are better and the prices are more attractive.

Old 03-22-2016, 01:33 PM
White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by stevepow
I finally decided enough with the shabby looking soft paint center console. So I ordered a new one in leather from Suncoast - it finally came in and I installed it - really makes a difference; photos don't do it justice. So far the leather in the car has held up incredibly well compared to the soft paint surfaces - wish I would have done this from the very beginning.

Here's the finished install and a detailed DIY PDF for anyone else needing to do similar.
Looks very nice!

Old 03-22-2016, 01:46 PM
Basic Sponsor
SuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond repute
It looks great! Nice DIY too. Thanks again for the order

Your #1 Source for Genuine Porsche Parts and Accessories on the Web!

Visit us at http://www.SuncoastParts.com
Call us at: 877-923-1700
Email us at: Parts@SuncoastParts.com

Follow us to stay connected:
Join Our Newsletter | Facebook
Old 03-22-2016, 02:48 PM
stevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by RaidersR1

Sort of - in that I kept looking at the Suncoast leather parts a couple of times a year. Other than that, no. I really didn't want to get into all of that - I like the look of the original PAG part, so I just went with it.

Old 03-22-2016, 02:54 PM
Originally Posted by AP1to911
Extremely nice piece .

Love my full leather interior !
Thanks and I bet - knowing what I know now, if I could do it over there would be NO "soft paint" in my car. Pondering my next target. Would love to do those inserts around the door pulls, but that really looks like a super pain in the butt project and they are, knock on wood, holding up pretty well. The strip of painted area under the leather arm rest/storage covers is the worst thing at this point (as you can see in the photo above of the driver's side door) - I have no idea what to do about them, thank goodness they aren't that visible. If I could get them off and send them to Bumper Plugs or some where to be painted like the door pulls or other silver trim, that would be good.

Old 06-19-2019, 07:06 AM
darkhorse1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Excellent guide, thanks

Old 06-21-2019, 04:22 PM
Hi-Arc is on a distinguished road
Very Nice! Now that’s an upgrade!