Big Plans with By Design and Cobb

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-02-2016, 09:41 AM
ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !
Mark, glad to see you are moving quickly! Haven't really been on the forum lately because work has been nuts but was recently wondering if you were upgraded yet. I'm looking forward to seeing what you can do with this setup as I know you will work hard to maximize it!

Standing by for token flame thrower photo/vid

Old 06-02-2016, 10:07 AM
Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by SamboTT@ByDesign
Hoping to test drive tomorrow buddy!

Looks great thanks for the update Sam

Old 06-02-2016, 10:09 AM
Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ecpChris
Mark, glad to see you are moving quickly! Haven't really been on the forum lately because work has been nuts but was recently wondering if you were upgraded yet. I'm looking forward to seeing what you can do with this setup as I know you will work hard to maximize it!

Standing by for token flame thrower photo/vid
Thanks Chris its kinda been quite in here but I know everyone is busy, I will keep you updated with the new performance. Have you had a chance to run your car at any events yet?

Old 06-02-2016, 10:29 AM
ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Markblackwell
Thanks Chris its kinda been quite in here but I know everyone is busy, I will keep you updated with the new performance. Have you had a chance to run your car at any events yet?
Awesome, looking forward to it.

No!! I signed up for a track rental at Atco a month ago, which was rained out. The rain date is for tomorrow, I changed all my plans to make it happen, andddddd.... it's now going to be rained out. I'm at the point (almost) of just putting a cage in so I don't have to worry about just doing track rentals because of getting kicked out of test and tune nights.

I've been driving the hell out of the car and loving it but haven't been able to do anything cool except for a couple "Mexico" runs

Old 06-02-2016, 10:46 AM
Former Vendor
SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Visceral
I'm also interested in how the headers change the sound. The stock manifolds look so... inappropriate for the car, but I don't want to straighten out the 911 rumble.

Obviously I'm interested in the y-pipe too. I've been a slight skeptic that Porsche would leave power on the table in such straight-forward places. But then look at the exhaust manifolds, right?
Hey Chris, All well tested and documented. 15-20hp on the headers but there are other major benefits ...and the sound, nice by-product! The IPD plenum is never disappoints as doesn't the Y-Pipe. Excited to try Champion's!

Originally Posted by White991TT
MB, Everything!

YSI Blown SBC (427). Moser M9, Meth with a GM billet internal 4L80E Trans for the top down cruises.
Can't wait to see her in action N!

Originally Posted by ecpChris
Awesome, looking forward to it.

No!! I signed up for a track rental at Atco a month ago, which was rained out. The rain date is for tomorrow, I changed all my plans to make it happen, andddddd.... it's now going to be rained out. I'm at the point (almost) of just putting a cage in so I don't have to worry about just doing track rentals because of getting kicked out of test and tune nights.

I've been driving the hell out of the car and loving it but haven't been able to do anything cool except for a couple "Mexico" runs
Gonna be a good weekend bro-chacho!

Originally Posted by Markblackwell
More updates to comer MB! And yes gonna gives you more maps than you can handle! we are going to have to come up with some cute names

*By the way this time I have an upgrade on the earplugs. Going to get deep under there for another fun video. Because Badass and why not!

Last edited by SamboTT@ByDesign; 06-02-2016 at 11:36 AM.
Old 06-02-2016, 03:55 PM
Sam do you need my Nomex head sock, that will help keep the burnt skin to a minimum.

Old 06-04-2016, 12:09 AM
Former Vendor
SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !
Ok my friend, ready to cause some trouble on the dyno Monday with 2 new By Design/Cobb Stage 4's! One being your beast!

Last edited by SamboTT@ByDesign; 06-04-2016 at 12:22 AM.
Old 06-04-2016, 02:22 PM
Basic Sponsor
COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !
So awesome Sam! Can't wait to see what you can do with these two new Stage IV's! It seems like you are pumping out new ones every week! You must be doing something right

MB, we are here for you if you ever have any questions, but I know you are in good hands! There are very few companies we have worked with who I can say have equal or better customer service than we do and ByDesign is certainly on that list!

-Jon

PORSCHE EXPERT GROUP - TIM BAILEY | JARED BRONSON | GRANT EPHROSS | ANDREW SCHWARZKOPF | HJ LEE

COBBTUNING.COM | LIKE US ON FACEBOOK | SEARCH KNOWLEDGE BASE | CONTACT US

Old 06-04-2016, 03:33 PM
Former Vendor
The feeling is mutual Jon! And the support appreciated!

Old 06-05-2016, 09:30 AM
vincent.j.nathan has much to be proud ofvincent.j.nathan has much to be proud ofvincent.j.nathan has much to be proud ofvincent.j.nathan has much to be proud ofvincent.j.nathan has much to be proud ofvincent.j.nathan has much to be proud ofvincent.j.nathan has much to be proud ofvincent.j.nathan has much to be proud ofvincent.j.nathan has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by SamboTT@ByDesign
Ok my friend, ready to cause some trouble on the dyno Monday with 2 new By Design/Cobb Stage 4's! One being your beast!

By Design Stage 4 Porsche 991TT Competition w/Kline Custom RSR Dumps SamboTT - YouTube
Very nice and I love how it sounds with the straight pipes. Can't wait to see the results

Old 06-05-2016, 01:39 PM
Originally Posted by COBB Tuning
So awesome Sam! Can't wait to see what you can do with these two new Stage IV's! It seems like you are pumping out new ones every week! You must be doing something right

MB, we are here for you if you ever have any questions, but I know you are in good hands! There are very few companies we have worked with who I can say have equal or better customer service than we do and ByDesign is certainly on that list!

-Jon
Thank you Jon, Sam has kept me up to date everyday and we have talked many times each day as he is only a phone call or text away as well as COBB you and Mitch.

Hands down best customer service. Waiting patiently to see what it's capable of.

Old 06-05-2016, 01:40 PM
Originally Posted by vincent.j.nathan
Very nice and I love how it sounds with the straight pipes. Can't wait to see the results
Thanks Vincent it's sounds angry,