Cayenne Turbo All Cayenne Turbo model topics

Metal coolant pipe tee?

Old 08-10-2016, 04:45 PM
markdjr is on a distinguished road
Metal coolant pipe tee?

It's been awhile since I've looked, did anyone ever source an alternative to the plastic tee for the coolant pipes? Thanks for any info.

Old 08-11-2016, 06:53 AM
bfly88 is an unknown quantity at this point
How worried are you about it failing? I replaced mine around 120K miles only because I had everything apart to replace the plastic coolant pipes. There was nothing wrong with the 'T' fitting when I pulled it out.

Now, removing the 'T' fitting SUCKED! There isn't a lot of room to get your arm in there to remove the fitting. Make sure you get one of these:

Old 08-17-2016, 02:46 PM
Mr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by markdjr
It's been awhile since I've looked, did anyone ever source an alternative to the plastic tee for the coolant pipes? Thanks for any info.
Jagsthatrun has them. Very nice. Under cooling system parts.

Old 08-29-2016, 01:07 PM
dan87951 is a name known to alldan87951 is a name known to alldan87951 is a name known to alldan87951 is a name known to alldan87951 is a name known to alldan87951 is a name known to all
I installed the Jagsthatrun on mine and were very happy with them. I don't remember off hand what sizes I used but you can check my youtube video as it should be listed in there if you need to know. The nice thing about the metal T's is you will never have to do this repair again!

Old 05-22-2018, 10:09 PM
jdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by dan87951
I installed the Jagsthatrun on mine and were very happy with them. I don't remember off hand what sizes I used but you can check my youtube video as it should be listed in there if you need to know. The nice thing about the metal T's is you will never have to do this repair again!

Judging by watching your video it looks like one is 1" base and 3/4" branch. The other looks like 3/4" base and 3/4" tee.

I just realized you were the same dude that I've been watching on how to take my '05CTT apart because it puked the coolant last week. Pretty sure it's the driver's side tee on mine that went as that's where water is still leaking.

Have been waiting on parts and then I saw this about metal tees. I just ordered them, hopefully they can ship quickly. I need my ride back.

I somehow never put you and the youtube channel together. Thanks a million for the help, I've just about got the intake off and ready to replace whatever is broken!! The one thing you didn't mention is how you relieved the fuel pressure. I'm going to use the valves on the end of the rails. Is there a bleed procedure when hooking them back up?

Old 05-28-2018, 02:40 AM
jdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to behold
Wow was this job is a major pain in the ***!! All back together but I will never do that one again.

That bottom clamp is nearly impossible to reach even with the cable pliers. I already had a pair but they actually started breaking you have to pull so hard to get the clamp spread far enough apart to get over the nipples. I ended up having to run to Sears to get a new pair. Worked much better.