Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

After Market Wheels

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-05-2017, 09:43 AM
Maple Valley 996T is on a distinguished road
After Market Wheels

I really like the wheels on my 2007 V8V but its time for new tires so I have rationalized its also time to change rims
Please post some pics of what you have done (I am personally planning on 20") and what brand and offsets work for a proper fitment. I am finding that we have a pretty rare offset profile in order to fit properly and to clear calipers. I am in my late 50's so I will be staying pretty conservative but want lightweight (one piece only), strong and classy. Any input will be gratefully appreciated!

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Aston 1-17.JPG
Views:	302
Size:	3.45 MB
ID:	469111   Click image for larger version

Name:	Aston.JPG
Views:	219
Size:	3.61 MB
ID:	469112  
Old 02-05-2017, 10:13 AM
Banned
Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !
Too funny, I started a thread on this at the same time you posted this one

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ed-wheels.html

I'm happy to help with if you need anything, just let me know!

Old 02-05-2017, 10:25 AM
Maple Valley 996T is on a distinguished road
NEED TPMS wire

Thanks for all the support that you offer this Forum!!

Old 02-05-2017, 02:13 PM
bluebarchetta is a glorious beacon of lightbluebarchetta is a glorious beacon of lightbluebarchetta is a glorious beacon of lightbluebarchetta is a glorious beacon of lightbluebarchetta is a glorious beacon of lightbluebarchetta is a glorious beacon of light
Here is an old thread with some wheel offset size info. The offsets are the same regardless of rim diameter. If you search for "doublelow7" and HRE, you'll see the wheels he's referencing. Expensive, but very good size/offset.

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ml#post3734112

For reference, I have the same wheels as you (08 vert) and I'm using the 15/20mm spacers, with new pressed in studs, and Velocity progressive rate lowering springs. That offset (also referenced in the thread below) really looks good. This might show a bit how that offset would look

Name:	IMG_1097.JPG
Views:	92
Size:	922.5 KB
ID:	469135  
Old 02-05-2017, 02:54 PM
Ron Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Maple Valley 996T
I really like the wheels on my 2007 V8V but its time for new tires so I have rationalized its also time to change rims
Please post some pics of what you have done (I am personally planning on 20") and what brand and offsets work for a proper fitment. I am finding that we have a pretty rare offset profile in order to fit properly and to clear calipers. I am in my late 50's so I will be staying pretty conservative but want lightweight (one piece only), strong and classy. Any input will be gratefully appreciated!
Boy, I don't know. I think your car looks great as is.
Ron

Old 02-05-2017, 09:01 PM
Gene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond repute
20" DBS wheels

Name:	IMG_0499.JPG
Views:	80
Size:	1.08 MB
ID:	469154  
Old 02-06-2017, 01:26 AM
SheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to all
I am in this process for my DB9 also. However I just got my quote back on the HRE P101's which by far are the best looking wheel IMHO on AM's. Size was 20" and the Brushed Clear is a upgraded finish. With everything, including the Michelin PS4's on them ready to go was...wait for it.... 12k. I spit my drink out when I saw that. I was expecting around 9-10k or so. But not 12k plus shipping. All of the companies want half to full amount in advance with a 5-8 week finishing timeframe. I have decided to go with the BC Forged RZ21's which are almost identical. They are all rips off the original BBS FI-R wheels. The BBS ones are about 10k. The BC Forged RZ21 with brushed clear with the PS4's would be half that cost of the HRE's. Allows me savings with still a great wheel and maybe headers with the leftover money. Just a thought, Almost any wheel for AMs needs to be custom made, so then price jumps a lot. BC seems to have the best combination of price, quality, and its Richard Siedlitz approved, so I am satisfied with that. HOpe this helps you out sir.

Andrew

Old 02-06-2017, 08:52 AM
AXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to behold
So I'm curious about the move to 20" wheels. Do you think they will improve the handling of the car or is merely the look of the 20" that appeal to you? Another question is why didn't Aston Martin offer 20" as an option (assuming they make the vehicle handle better).

Thanks in advance for your reply.

Old 02-06-2017, 11:31 AM
EZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud of
These are Brixton Forged 20" with perfect offset.
Name:  Grunge--33_zpszqbd5ir3.jpg
Views: 869
Size:  434.4 KB

Old 02-06-2017, 12:27 PM
Former Vendor
HRE_Jurrian has a reputation beyond reputeHRE_Jurrian has a reputation beyond reputeHRE_Jurrian has a reputation beyond reputeHRE_Jurrian has a reputation beyond reputeHRE_Jurrian has a reputation beyond reputeHRE_Jurrian has a reputation beyond reputeHRE_Jurrian has a reputation beyond reputeHRE_Jurrian has a reputation beyond reputeHRE_Jurrian has a reputation beyond reputeHRE_Jurrian has a reputation beyond reputeHRE_Jurrian has a reputation beyond repute
Lightweight, one piece, and classy. Sounds like it was a match made in Heaven then! Here's exactly what you need, the HRE P101:

If that doesn't float your boat I've got tons of other styles which will, but my second personal favorite would be the P40SC:

HRE has been open since 1978 with all custom made to order forged wheels manufactured and designed inside the United States with a Lifetime structural warranty! Can't go wrong with that!

Last edited by HRE_Jurrian; 02-06-2017 at 12:29 PM.
Old 02-06-2017, 01:18 PM
shootermcgav1n has a spectacular aura aboutshootermcgav1n has a spectacular aura about
Forgestars are also a more affordable option if you don't want cast wheels.

Old 02-06-2017, 03:56 PM
embdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by AXARUNNER
So I'm curious about the move to 20" wheels. Do you think they will improve the handling of the car or is merely the look of the 20" that appeal to you? Another question is why didn't Aston Martin offer 20" as an option (assuming they make the vehicle handle better).

Thanks in advance for your reply.
I believe the move to put 20 inch wheels on the vantage is more personal taste than any performance advantage. I personally like the look of the 19 inch wheels better as I believe the rim and tire size looks the best. Having said that, non stock rims and or sizes are one of the first things that owners do to individualize their cars.

Old 02-06-2017, 09:23 PM
DetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by SheriffDep
I am in this process for my DB9 also. However I just got my quote back on the HRE P101's which by far are the best looking wheel IMHO on AM's. Size was 20" and the Brushed Clear is a upgraded finish. With everything, including the Michelin PS4's on them ready to go was...wait for it.... 12k. I spit my drink out when I saw that. I was expecting around 9-10k or so. But not 12k plus shipping. All of the companies want half to full amount in advance with a 5-8 week finishing timeframe. I have decided to go with the BC Forged RZ21's which are almost identical. They are all rips off the original BBS FI-R wheels. The BBS ones are about 10k. The BC Forged RZ21 with brushed clear with the PS4's would be half that cost of the HRE's. Allows me savings with still a great wheel and maybe headers with the leftover money. Just a thought, Almost any wheel for AMs needs to be custom made, so then price jumps a lot. BC seems to have the best combination of price, quality, and its Richard Siedlitz approved, so I am satisfied with that. HOpe this helps you out sir.

Andrew
I also agree the P101 is the best looking wheel on an AM, but I just may be biased!

That said, bang for the buck on a lightweight 1 piece forged, its hard to beat the BC's.

I have had my Vantage for 8 years and will never sell so I wanted to put the set that I felt best complimented the car cost aside.

Old 02-07-2017, 12:14 PM
Site Sponsor
WheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by SheriffDep

Andrew
That's unusual that a vendor would ask for that much up front. We don't require a deposit anywhere even remotely close to those numbers.

- David Nussbaum -
786 249 0127 (ext.2109)
Web: www.wheelsboutique.com
Email: David@wheelsboutique.com
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/WheelsBoutique

Largest HRE Dealer In The World / Largest ANRKY Dealer / BBS Premium Dealer / TechArt Premium Dealer / Vorsteiner / Rotiform / Akrapovic / iPE / Novitec / Brabus / AC Schnitzer / Mansory / Brembo / RENNTech / Weistec / Tubi / Hamman / KW / H&R and tons more.
Old 02-07-2017, 11:01 PM
speedracer800 is a jewel in the roughspeedracer800 is a jewel in the roughspeedracer800 is a jewel in the rough
Interested in V12 Vantage wheels? I have a line on a beautiful set.. Great deal.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.