GIAC 991.2 Carrera S Software Now Available!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-20-2017, 02:57 PM
Former Vendor
Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !
GIAC 991.2 Carrera S Software Now Available!

GIAC is proud to release GIAC engine performance software for the 991.2 Carrera S!

This calibration delivers peak-to-peak performance gains of 85 hp and 95-105 ft/lb torque. The program offers smooth part throttle driving and gear transitions, but a substantial increase in power at full load.

Software features included
- Increased boost
- Changes to fuel and timing
- Higher torque limits

Performance gains displayed in the dyno plot shown were achieved with the GIAC software upgrade only using 93 octane. Additional power increases may be observed with additional performance hardware and/or higher octane fuel.

Thank you to the team at Champion Motorsport for their continuous support in product development and testing.

For pricing or sales information, please contact sales@giacusa.com or find your nearest GIAC retail location at here: GIAC Dealer Map.

Last edited by Andrew@GIAC; 03-20-2017 at 03:00 PM.
Old 03-20-2017, 03:43 PM
John McLane is a splendid one to beholdJohn McLane is a splendid one to beholdJohn McLane is a splendid one to beholdJohn McLane is a splendid one to beholdJohn McLane is a splendid one to beholdJohn McLane is a splendid one to beholdJohn McLane is a splendid one to behold
What about the base C2? Anything in that front?

Old 03-20-2017, 03:49 PM
Former Vendor
Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by John McLane
What about the base C2? Anything in that front?
We don't have any ETA for that yet, but we will be making it later on!

Old 03-20-2017, 03:59 PM
ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !
Remarkable, do you have any idea on the impact to mileage?

ChuckJ

Old 03-20-2017, 04:25 PM
Ira Blumberg is an unknown quantity at this point
Two things.

1. How is the new software installed? Can it be done through the OBDII port or do we have to pull and ship the ECU?

2. Any guess as to the gains available when you tune the new GTS cars with the larger turbos?

Old 03-20-2017, 04:30 PM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by ChuckJ

ChuckJ
Not too much impact part throttle. Full throttle will bring it down a little, but not by much.

Old 03-20-2017, 04:31 PM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by Ira Blumberg
Two things.

1. How is the new software installed? Can it be done through the OBDII port or do we have to pull and ship the ECU?

2. Any guess as to the gains available when you tune the new GTS cars with the larger turbos?
At the moment, the ECU needs to be shipped to us. I also don't have any information on the GTS cars at this time.

Old 03-20-2017, 06:47 PM
Originally Posted by Connie@GIAC
At the moment, the ECU needs to be shipped to us. I also don't have any information on the GTS cars at this time.

Thanks for the quick reply. My GTS does not arrive until May or June, so I can't answer this question for myself yet. How easy or difficult is it to extract the ECU on a 991.2 Carrera? I currently have a 2015 AMG C63s and on this car, extracting the ECU is a two hour job requiring removal of many parts. I hope it is simpler on the 991.2.

Old 03-20-2017, 09:04 PM
carbonbmw is on a distinguished road
Impressive gains. I also am interested in what the numbers will be for the GTS with the larger turbos. Mine will be delivered in June, I hope by then there will be some tune for the GTS.

Can you please advise how long it takes to remove the ecu from the car?

If I want to remove the software before I bring the car to dealer for service, is this possible?

Thanks

Sahil

Old 03-20-2017, 09:18 PM
-Ryan- is on a distinguished road
Wow. Great numbers.

Last edited by -Ryan-; 03-20-2017 at 09:20 PM.
Old 03-21-2017, 05:48 AM
Originally Posted by Fancy Pants
Where's the dyno graph?

In the original post and at the website. ??

Old 03-21-2017, 07:36 AM
Former Vendor
Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !
As always, it's a real pleasure working with the best in the business. We've been development partners with GIAC for quite some time now, and I'm always blown away by the level of knowledge and expertise their team has. Being the first to release both the 991.2 Turbo S and now the 991.2 Carrera S is a real testament to their dedication to the Porsche brand.

So...I've spent quite a bit of time driving the tuned Carrera S so here's a few of my impressions. Power is incredibly linear! It's hard to really tell it's a turbocharged car. Boost comes in strong and early, and holds right up to redline. We've tested both a PDK and manual transmission car and as much as I like shifting gears, the PDK feels amazing with the added power! Normal driving behavior is unchanged and very smooth. Honestly...there is no downside...the tune behaves perfectly!

To put it into perspective, the 991.2 Carrera S with GIAC software is producing roughly 20 more wheel HP than a stock 997.1 Turbo also tested on our dyno!

Originally Posted by ChuckJ

ChuckJ
I can say from having driven the car that mileage is unaffected that you'll tend to be heavier on the throttle more often. During normal driving I saw no change in fuel economy.

Originally Posted by Ira Blumberg
Thanks for the quick reply. My GTS does not arrive until May or June, so I can't answer this question for myself yet. How easy or difficult is it to extract the ECU on a 991.2 Carrera? I currently have a 2015 AMG C63s and on this car, extracting the ECU is a two hour job requiring removal of many parts. I hope it is simpler on the 991.2.
ECU remove is pretty easy. It's located on the passenger side under the rear wing assembly, and the removal takes about 20-30 minutes at the most.

Old 03-21-2017, 09:53 AM
John McLane is a splendid one to beholdJohn McLane is a splendid one to beholdJohn McLane is a splendid one to beholdJohn McLane is a splendid one to beholdJohn McLane is a splendid one to beholdJohn McLane is a splendid one to beholdJohn McLane is a splendid one to behold
First time I regretted not buying the S model...

Old 03-21-2017, 10:02 AM
Former Vendor
Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by John McLane
First time I regretted not buying the S model...
Don't worry John, we'll get the non-S models sorted out pretty quickly.

Old 03-21-2017, 02:16 PM
Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !
Very nice! GIAC at it again!

With these 911 "non turbos" being turbo'ed, the performance bar is going to be raised considerably over previous N/A 911 of times past!! Times past for a 911 to pick up 100-150hp you would need a complete turbo or supercharger package! Now it is just a simple flash & exhaust!

Any before and after 1/4, 60-130 times etc?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.