Can anyone critique a CR Spotless system

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-22-2017, 10:52 AM
Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !
Can anyone critique a CR Spotless system

I'm ready to order one (CR Spotless DIC-20)and although the general consensus is it performs as toted although there are some negative comments as well...does it live up to it's claims or will it soon become an " in the box in the corner forever" item..tia
https://images.costco-static.com/Ima...recipeName=680

Last edited by Nanook; 04-22-2017 at 05:59 PM.
Old 04-22-2017, 01:15 PM
_ace_ is a splendid one to behold_ace_ is a splendid one to behold_ace_ is a splendid one to behold_ace_ is a splendid one to behold_ace_ is a splendid one to behold_ace_ is a splendid one to behold_ace_ is a splendid one to behold_ace_ is a splendid one to behold
I use mine. It sits in the garage with the pressure washer and usually comes out at the same time. I like it and would recommend it.

Old 04-22-2017, 01:34 PM
Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !
Great..do you rinse though pressure washer or use a separate hose ?

Old 04-22-2017, 05:32 PM
Jvise is a glorious beacon of lightJvise is a glorious beacon of lightJvise is a glorious beacon of lightJvise is a glorious beacon of lightJvise is a glorious beacon of lightJvise is a glorious beacon of light
Just installed one this week and it works really well! I added quick disconnects so I could easily switch hose to unfiltered too.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	photo238.jpg
Views:	236
Size:	861.1 KB
ID:	474885   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo119.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	985.5 KB
ID:	474886  
Old 04-22-2017, 05:58 PM
Good to hear...just ordered from Costco..I plan to plumb with a gate valve for easy bypass..and rinse though my pressure washer with reduced pressure (I have pressure adjustment on the wand) ...nice wheels there

Old 04-22-2017, 06:34 PM
imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !
Highly recommend!!!

Old 04-22-2017, 10:01 PM
MrPorsche has much to be proud ofMrPorsche has much to be proud ofMrPorsche has much to be proud ofMrPorsche has much to be proud ofMrPorsche has much to be proud ofMrPorsche has much to be proud ofMrPorsche has much to be proud ofMrPorsche has much to be proud of
Direct to CR spotless ($390) seems a lot cheaper than costco ($430).

Old 04-23-2017, 07:16 AM
Not up here in Canuck land...and Costco throws in some goodies like two bags of extra resin !!

Old 04-23-2017, 09:09 AM
_ace_ is a splendid one to behold_ace_ is a splendid one to behold_ace_ is a splendid one to behold_ace_ is a splendid one to behold_ace_ is a splendid one to behold_ace_ is a splendid one to behold_ace_ is a splendid one to behold_ace_ is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Nanook
Great..do you rinse though pressure washer or use a separate hose ?
Now I do it all through the pressure washer. I use the "two bucket method" presented on YouTube.

I was just trying to see how hard it will be to get hot water in the garage. Should have thought about that when we built the house but we were coming out of a small apartment.

Old 04-24-2017, 10:23 AM
stealth.pilot has a reputation beyond reputestealth.pilot has a reputation beyond reputestealth.pilot has a reputation beyond reputestealth.pilot has a reputation beyond reputestealth.pilot has a reputation beyond reputestealth.pilot has a reputation beyond reputestealth.pilot has a reputation beyond reputestealth.pilot has a reputation beyond reputestealth.pilot has a reputation beyond reputestealth.pilot has a reputation beyond reputestealth.pilot has a reputation beyond repute
I have it and recommend it. However I have recently been trying to change the canister and it is a real pain to disconnect.

Old 04-24-2017, 06:25 PM
What's so tough Stealth ? do the canisters not simply screw off ?..(not having them here yet)...I did read on one post the resin holder can separate and resin flow out...

Old 04-25-2017, 08:28 AM
stealth.pilot has a reputation beyond reputestealth.pilot has a reputation beyond reputestealth.pilot has a reputation beyond reputestealth.pilot has a reputation beyond reputestealth.pilot has a reputation beyond reputestealth.pilot has a reputation beyond reputestealth.pilot has a reputation beyond reputestealth.pilot has a reputation beyond reputestealth.pilot has a reputation beyond reputestealth.pilot has a reputation beyond reputestealth.pilot has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Nanook
What's so tough Stealth ? do the canisters not simply screw off ?..(not having them here yet)...I did read on one post the resin holder can separate and resin flow out...
They are very difficult to screw off. I haven't used mine in months because I can't change the canister! It is so tightly screwed on.

Old 04-25-2017, 08:32 AM
Jvise is a glorious beacon of lightJvise is a glorious beacon of lightJvise is a glorious beacon of lightJvise is a glorious beacon of lightJvise is a glorious beacon of lightJvise is a glorious beacon of light
Your kit should have came with this tool which makes it easy to torque the canister off.

The system is amazing. Rather than dusting off cars, I just rinse and walk away. Does take a few hours to completely dry and you want to avoid dust blowing onto in mean time.

Attached Images  
Old 04-25-2017, 10:19 AM
MrPorsche has much to be proud ofMrPorsche has much to be proud ofMrPorsche has much to be proud ofMrPorsche has much to be proud ofMrPorsche has much to be proud ofMrPorsche has much to be proud ofMrPorsche has much to be proud ofMrPorsche has much to be proud of
I have no experience with this exact filter, but some similar style canisters you'll have to push up to unlock the canister while turning.

Old 04-25-2017, 10:58 AM
Originally Posted by Jvise
Your kit should have came with this tool which makes it easy to torque the canister off.

The system is amazing. Rather than dusting off cars, I just rinse and walk away. Does take a few hours to completely dry and you want to avoid dust blowing onto in mean time.
I have bought two of these. I broke the first one. I still can't get the canister off with the second one. Maybe I will try again this weekend.

MAYBE THE ISSUE IS THAT THE CANISTER IS PLASTIC AND I LEAVE IT OUTSIDE SO IT MELTED CLOSED.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.