997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

997.2 bolt-ons with pump 91+meth 10.20@138.9 (Fontana)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-23-2017, 07:48 PM
longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !
997.2 bolt-ons with pump 91+meth 10.20@138.9 (Fontana)

At airstrip events my car does 10.2's @ 138.X all day long on the vbox but that is with race gas and my race map which adds a few degrees of timing. I didn't know I was going to the drags today until noon when my friends wanted to go and had 3/4 tank pump 91 but I was like whatever ok let's roll. No prep.

It was nice and warm about 85 deg F and Fontana is maybe 1,200+ feet elevation so not great conditions. Also, Fontana runs uphill - not a typo. It is one of the worst strips ever. No VHT. Surface is prepped with water and dirt.

Only got one run at was booted for going over 135.

So yeah I was surprised I hit 138.9 in these conditions on pump mode. Mods are basic:

GIAC OTS tune "9-second" file
Champion intercoolers
BBI 200 cel exhaust
ipd y and plenum
Custom meth system by Emmanuele Design
GMG LMS wheels
R888 tires 34psi F 30 psi R

Car still on factory original stock turbos and fuel system. 43,500 miles.

Saddens me to sell this thing its so dialed in but I just got a 991.2 GT3 allocation.

Cheers.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	photo223.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	825.1 KB
ID:	474926   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo381.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	840.1 KB
ID:	474927  
Old 04-23-2017, 09:01 PM
A418t81 Is a GOD !A418t81 Is a GOD !A418t81 Is a GOD !A418t81 Is a GOD !A418t81 Is a GOD !A418t81 Is a GOD !A418t81 Is a GOD !A418t81 Is a GOD !A418t81 Is a GOD !A418t81 Is a GOD !A418t81 Is a GOD !
A beast for sure. Excellent work! What you thinking color-wise on the 911.2 GT3? I've got one on order already as well and started out with chalk, but changed to Miami blue. Wish you would keep this car and move the 991 turbo instead.

Old 04-23-2017, 10:25 PM
Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !
MY WORD!!

VERY IMPRESSIVE 10.2, but @ 139 on pump and meth! I am guessing 9.9-10.00 @ 140-141 at sea level, level and prepped track.... Right off the street as well!

That thing is dialed in and if I wasn't so in love with my E85 997.1, I would be trying to firm up a deal with your 997.2 right now!

I too wish you were selling your 991 instead of your 997.2. Think, you would have two different generations instead of two of the same. Furthermore, Long boarder and your silver 997.2 are legendary, like Michael and Kit, Duke Boys and the General Lee, Marty Mcfly and the Delorean ......

Old 04-24-2017, 07:38 AM
thegame has a reputation beyond reputethegame has a reputation beyond reputethegame has a reputation beyond reputethegame has a reputation beyond reputethegame has a reputation beyond reputethegame has a reputation beyond reputethegame has a reputation beyond reputethegame has a reputation beyond reputethegame has a reputation beyond reputethegame has a reputation beyond reputethegame has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by longboarder
At airstrip events my car does 10.2's @ 138.X all day long on the vbox but that is with race gas and my race map which adds a few degrees of timing. I didn't know I was going to the drags today until noon when my friends wanted to go and had 3/4 tank pump 91 but I was like whatever ok let's roll. No prep.

It was nice and warm about 85 deg F and Fontana is maybe 1,200+ feet elevation so not great conditions. Also, Fontana runs uphill - not a typo. It is one of the worst strips ever. No VHT. Surface is prepped with water and dirt.

Only got one run at was booted for going over 135.

So yeah I was surprised I hit 138.9 in these conditions on pump mode. Mods are basic:

GIAC OTS tune "9-second" file
Champion intercoolers
BBI 200 cel exhaust
ipd y and plenum
Custom meth system by Emmanuele Design
GMG LMS wheels
R888 tires 34psi F 30 psi R

Car still on factory original stock turbos and fuel system. 43,500 miles.

Saddens me to sell this thing its so dialed in but I just got a 991.2 GT3 allocation.

Cheers.

Longboarder I have a question. Are the turbos on a 2011-2012 Turbo the same size as the turbos on a 2011-12 Turbo S??? Meaning if someone wanted to pick one up with the intention of modding would looking for a PDK Turbo be a good idea and same some cash?

Also can the PDK be tuned to launch and be close to matching the 0-60 times of the 991 Turbo S?

Old 04-24-2017, 07:39 AM
thegame has a reputation beyond reputethegame has a reputation beyond reputethegame has a reputation beyond reputethegame has a reputation beyond reputethegame has a reputation beyond reputethegame has a reputation beyond reputethegame has a reputation beyond reputethegame has a reputation beyond reputethegame has a reputation beyond reputethegame has a reputation beyond reputethegame has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Bobbyfali
MY WORD!!

VERY IMPRESSIVE 10.2, but @ 139 on pump and meth! I am guessing 9.9-10.00 @ 140-141 at sea level, level and prepped track.... Right off the street as well!

That thing is dialed in and if I wasn't so in love with my E85 997.1, I would be trying to firm up a deal with your 997.2 right now!

I too wish you were selling your 991 instead of your 997.2. Think, you would have two different generations instead of two of the same. Furthermore, Long boarder and your silver 997.2 are legendary, like Michael and Kit, Duke Boys and the General Lee, Marty Mcfly and the Delorean ......
I agree bobby, he should keep that 997.2

Old 04-24-2017, 08:05 AM
Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by thegame
Longboarder I have a question. Are the turbos on a 2011-2012 Turbo the same size as the turbos on a 2011-12 Turbo S??? Meaning if someone wanted to pick one up with the intention of modding would looking for a PDK Turbo be a good idea and same some cash?

Also can the PDK be tuned to launch and be close to matching the 0-60 times of the 991 Turbo S?
I am not sure if you watched any of Longboarder's videos, as He out launched everything including 991's and his own 991!:

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...mpetition.html

He does 0-60's from my recollection in the 2.3 range (Longboarder can jump I if I am wrong).

All 997.2 either non S or S has the same turbos.

Last edited by Bobbyfali; 04-24-2017 at 08:14 AM.
Old 04-24-2017, 08:08 AM
I am not sure if you watched any of Longboarder's videos, as He out launched everything in luring 991's and his own 991!:

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...mpetition.html

He does 0-60's from my recollection in the 2.3 range (Longboarder can jump I if I am wrong).

All 997.2 either non S or S has the same turbos.
Thanks Bobby, I would like to add a 911 turbo to my collection over the next few years. Copying Longboarders set up is definitely part of the plan.

Old 04-24-2017, 08:35 AM
Hopefully this board will serve as good help when I am ready. Also I know sam (by design) is a great guy and has great products.

Old 04-24-2017, 11:21 AM
longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by A418t81
A beast for sure. Excellent work! What you thinking color-wise on the 911.2 GT3? I've got one on order already as well and started out with chalk, but changed to Miami blue. Wish you would keep this car and move the 991 turbo instead.

Haha I have a long time to decide on which car goes. I'm in for the second allocation slot not the first. But I still had to submit my build spec which is PDK GT silver, steel brakes, carbon bucket seats, front axle lift, extended range tank, bunch of red interior accents like belts, red steering wheel ring, red stitching (pissed I had to option for extended leather to get that and the red stripe on the carbon seats as I didn't want white), Bose, LED lights, etc. It was a $166k build. Prob get crucified for the PDK but I want to go as fast as possible around the racetrack.

MY WORD!!

Thx haha it's a fun car no doubt. I believe if you don't go crazy with these cars, the enjoyment factor will be the best. As I've shown you don't need to build the motor or PDK to run with the quickest cars out there.

The car I ran against was a built GTR 770 wheel HP on R888's. I've beat him at the airstrip but we figured he would easily get me at the drag strip but again the poor surface and my quicker reaction time allowed me to cross the line first.

Yes as Bobby indicate turbos are the same. And no 991 has ever out launched my 997.2 on a clean (even) hit. This includes a built motor/pdk, and many FBO 991.1's and even a FBO 991.2 - all on R888 rears.

Old 04-24-2017, 12:13 PM
99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute
Very impressive Adam! I'm beating my head against a wall trying to figure out how the hell you're 10mph faster than me? You've GOTTA be making 700whp man. I think you're secret squirrel running N2O! 😜

Old 04-24-2017, 01:40 PM
Originally Posted by longboarder
Haha I have a long time to decide on which car goes. I'm in for the second allocation slot not the first. But I still had to submit my build spec which is PDK GT silver, steel brakes, carbon bucket seats, front axle lift, extended range tank, bunch of red interior accents like belts, red steering wheel ring, red stitching (pissed I had to option for extended leather to get that and the red stripe on the carbon seats as I didn't want white), Bose, LED lights, etc. It was a $166k build. Prob get crucified for the PDK but I want to go as fast as possible around the racetrack.

Thx haha it's a fun car no doubt. I believe if you don't go crazy with these cars, the enjoyment factor will be the best. As I've shown you don't need to build the motor or PDK to run with the quickest cars out there.

The car I ran against was a built GTR 770 wheel HP on R888's. I've beat him at the airstrip but we figured he would easily get me at the drag strip but again the poor surface and my quicker reaction time allowed me to cross the line first.

Yes as Bobby indicate turbos are the same. And no 991 has ever out launched my 997.2 on a clean (even) hit. This includes a built motor/pdk, and many FBO 991.1's and even a FBO 991.2 - all on R888 rears.
Adam if I wanted that exact package you have can you tell me what is included and what I would be looking at pricewise? You can PM me if you don't want to post it publicly.

Old 04-24-2017, 03:56 PM
Originally Posted by 99Gdzra
Very impressive Adam! I'm beating my head against a wall trying to figure out how the hell you're 10mph faster than me? You've GOTTA be making 700whp man. I think you're secret squirrel running N2O! 😜

Yes it's my 4 stage naawwwwzzzzzz system. I replaced my stock steering wheel for the plastic one from Sony Playstation and have outfitted the buttons for the 4 stages. I have removed my back seats and that where I have installed the 4 separate naawwwwzzzz tanks.

Adam if I wanted that exact package you have can you tell me what is included and what I would be looking at pricewise? You can PM me if you don't want to post it publicly.

It was so long ago that the current pricing may be different. I paid full retail for everything.

Off memory it was $2,700 for the tune, $3,400 for the intercoolers, $5,600 for the catted exhaust (obviously you don't need to spend this much to achieve similar power), IPD Y and plenum were bought used I think for $400 and $600, and the meth system was a couple grand but that's because the way I wanted it designed from a safety standpoint. R888 tires run maybe $1,500. The wheels...well they were a lot and also not needed for these results. Same with the suspension which is Ohlins-based.

I think the only thing that you actually need is the GIAC tune. That's the secret sauce. You need good flowing intercoolers and exhaust and a reliable meth system but the brand doesn't matter as much.

Old 04-24-2017, 10:09 PM
Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !
Yes as Bobby indicate turbos are the same. And no 991 has ever out launched my 997.2 on a clean (even) hit. This includes a built motor/pdk, and many FBO 991.1's and even a FBO 991.2 - all on R888 rears.[/QUOTE]

Adam let's not get carried away your car is really quick, but a good running 991 will beat your car. When you raced my car You either jumped or Sam was lazy on the hit, but it was far from clean or ( even )but he did pretty good for his first ever launch in the 1/2 Mile with cracked carbon fiber wye pipe that completely broke on that run. My car is ready to run so let me know what day works for you and we can meet at the track to see who gets out launched

Old 04-25-2017, 07:28 AM
Originally Posted by Markblackwell
Adam let's not get carried away your car is really quick, but a good running 991 will beat your car. When you raced my car You either jumped or Sam was lazy on the hit, but it was far from clean or ( even )but he did pretty good for his first ever launch in the 1/2 Mile with cracked carbon fiber wye pipe that completely broke on that run. My car is ready to run so let me know what day works for you and we can meet at the track to see who gets out launched
ok now I am not starting drama but this i want to see. Adam before you sell that car give 6speed the main event!

Last edited by thegame; 04-25-2017 at 07:45 AM.
Old 04-25-2017, 08:17 AM
Originally Posted by Markblackwell

Mark, what's up bro. Don't confuse the launch with a full half mile race. I was asked about the launch. And I responded about the launch. On a clean hit on an airstrip surface can any 991 with equivalent tires out launch (0-60, 0-100 whatever) my 997.2? That's what I commented on. Hell a 918 couldn't out launch my car. Or a low 9 second GTR drag prepped with DRs on all 4's. And I have cameras all around on my race with your car. That is, if you want to see that I didn't jump.

Last edited by longboarder; 04-25-2017 at 08:21 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.