Cayenne 958 Porsche's 958 SUV. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Rear suspension component problem

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-29-2017, 02:41 PM
dynamic101 will become famous soon enoughdynamic101 will become famous soon enough
Rear suspension component problem

2012 Cayenne V6

The problems associated with suspension components are not in my DIY list. So I want to check with DIY experts here before I visit a local stealership. Any comments would be very helpful.

===
I have noticed consistant noise from rear passenser side suspension components only at the low speed.

When I drive by myself, I don't hear noise but hear noises only when someone sits in the rear passenger side.

The noise is like "glock glock..." at low speed, e.g., 30-40 mph.

I conducted visual inspectuons on right rear shock absorber, sway bar, tie rod, etc. but I can't find any hydraulic fluid leaks or signs of damages.
It might be the spring or mounts in the shock absorber....

My kids told me that they felt car sick after about 100 miles trip. It sounds like passengers started feeling unstable driving.

When I pushed the rear bumper down hard, I don't see any excessive bouncing yet.
I think that I found this at the early stage of the problems on rear suspension components???

I hope that glock glock....noise with above sysmptoms is an issue can be diagnosed and repaired easily at a stealership.

Thanks for your expertise in advance.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.