Technical wheel/tire question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-30-2017, 06:36 PM
murox has a spectacular aura aboutmurox has a spectacular aura aboutmurox has a spectacular aura about
Technical wheel/tire question

I have a '13 C2S (narrow body) and I'm running wide-body offset OEM wheels on the rear with 305/30-20 tires. I like the aggressive look of the wide-body wheels on my C2S, but the Pirelli 305s are a bit bloated on the wheel, and stick out slightly from the fender. Its time for new tires, and I'm deciding between the Michelin Pilot Super Sports and the Bridgestone Potenza S-04 Pole Positions, which are about $300 cheaper, but the Tire Rack guy I spoke to was raving about them for non-track use.

Anyway, I'm thinking about going down to 295s for a more flush fitment within the fender and I'm looking for feedback on both the tire size, and which tire I should select.

Thanks.

Old 05-31-2017, 10:09 AM
Whoddoo is an unknown quantity at this point
Take a look at the Michelin Pilot Sport 4S

Just put the new Michelin Pilot Sport 4S tires on my 2014 C2S. Even though I bumped up the rear to the 305 vs. the 295 Pirelli I ended up going from a 5mm spacer to a 15mm spacer on the rear and the fit is perfect. Check out the new 4S's which have been getting great reviews over the Pilot Super Sports. Personal opinion after 2 months is a great improvement over the Pirelli's.

Old 06-04-2017, 07:55 AM
RON1X will become famous soon enoughRON1X will become famous soon enough
I also recently went from the 295 Pirelli to the 305 Michelin Pilot Sport 4S. I much prefer the 305 look. I'm also actually looking into spacers for the front and rear as well to get less gap between the fender and tire.

I'm extremely happy with the Michelin 4S tires. I did not like the OEM Pirellis...

Old 06-11-2017, 06:53 PM
murox has a spectacular aura aboutmurox has a spectacular aura aboutmurox has a spectacular aura about
Ok, perhaps adding images will help. This is my current setup: C2S running wide-body offset OEM wheels with 305s on rear. I bought the wide-body wheels because I like the more aggressive stance it gives the car, but I can decide if the 305s add a little too much "beef" to the rear, and I'm considering going down to 295s to make it more flush with the wheel well.

Thoughts?

Last edited by murox; 06-11-2017 at 06:56 PM.
Old 06-11-2017, 07:42 PM
eldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to behold
Looks Great!
Stay with them

Old 06-11-2017, 08:52 PM
r11rs will become famous soon enough
Looks like the rears are really sticking out?! Are you getting lots of kick back on the bumper and/or sideskirts?

Old 06-12-2017, 05:47 AM
Originally Posted by r11rs
Looks like the rears are really sticking out?! Are you getting lots of kick back on the bumper and/or sideskirts?
No, not much if at all.

Old 06-22-2017, 03:56 PM
scatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by murox
I have a '13 C2S (narrow body) and I'm running wide-body offset OEM wheels on the rear with 305/30-20 tires. I like the aggressive look of the wide-body wheels on my C2S, but the Pirelli 305s are a bit bloated on the wheel, and stick out slightly from the fender. Its time for new tires, and I'm deciding between the Michelin Pilot Super Sports and the Bridgestone Potenza S-04 Pole Positions, which are about $300 cheaper, but the Tire Rack guy I spoke to was raving about them for non-track use.

Anyway, I'm thinking about going down to 295s for a more flush fitment within the fender and I'm looking for feedback on both the tire size, and which tire I should select.

Thanks.
I guess I don't know what "narrow" and "wide" body ofset OEM wheels are.. First I've heard the term. I've got a C2S ('14) which I think you are calling "narrow" as opposed to a C4x?...

In any case I've got P-Zero 305s on the rear that came with my Sport techno's.. I do realize they are apparently wider than standard because everytime I order new tires from tire-rack, they never come up as a standard size for make/model.

In any case, I think they look about right on my C2S.. Certainly don't look too big.

Old 06-25-2017, 07:56 PM
Originally Posted by scatkins
I guess I don't know what "narrow" and "wide" body ofset OEM wheels are.. First I've heard the term. I've got a C2S ('14) which I think you are calling "narrow" as opposed to a C4x?...

In any case I've got P-Zero 305s on the rear that came with my Sport techno's.. I do realize they are apparently wider than standard because everytime I order new tires from tire-rack, they never come up as a standard size for make/model.

In any case, I think they look about right on my C2S.. Certainly don't look too big.
You've never heard the terms "narrow body" and "wide body" 911s? The C2S is narrower than the C4S, turbo and GT3, hence the name narrow body. There is no such thing as narrow body or wide body offset wheels, but rather wheels that were OEM from either a narrow body car or a wide body car.

Regardless, you have 305s on your C2S OEM wheels, which isn't the question I was asking. I'm running 305s on C4S offset wheels, which have a 59mm offset as opposed to the 65mm offset you have.

Old 06-27-2017, 05:31 AM
porsche42 is a splendid one to beholdporsche42 is a splendid one to beholdporsche42 is a splendid one to beholdporsche42 is a splendid one to beholdporsche42 is a splendid one to beholdporsche42 is a splendid one to beholdporsche42 is a splendid one to behold
I like the look, the tire looks almost flush to the wheel. I'm surprised you don't get any kickback from rocks on the rear fender. I would go with the Michelin 4s just put them on my car. Great tires and rave reviews from tire rack.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.