997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Accidents happen but this sucks....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-22-2017, 09:40 AM
Flat VI is on a distinguished road
Accidents happen but this sucks....

SUV's and 911's don't mix well. This person never hit their brakes and turned right into me. No injuries but this will turn a great summer day into a bad day in a hurry.

I am hoping they will total it, but right now est. around $22k so probably not going to happen. I had this thing extactly how I wanted it and now I am the proud owner of the wrecked 911.

Old 06-22-2017, 09:49 AM
lowbee is on a distinguished road
Doesn't look too bad.... doesn't seem there is structure damage, just fender and hood...hopefully no suspension damage..... I think once repaired, it will look brand new...

Old 06-22-2017, 10:03 AM
More damage then it appears. Tie rod is snapped, radiator toast, wheel and tire. New hood, fender and bumper cover needed. Airbag and anti roll bars deployed as well. And there is a small amount of structual damage, they believe they can cut the piece out and weld in a new one.

Since its not my dime to fix it, it's at the porsche dealer so it should get done properly. I will say for the amount of impact the car took it pretty well.

On a positive note I just returned from a trip to Europe and found this beauty in Rome!

Old 06-22-2017, 03:44 PM
Storman is on a distinguished road
So that is what the anti role bars look like! My 07 C4S just roled back into a tree, was not running. 8000.00+ damage. It hurts. I feel for you man.

Old 06-22-2017, 04:08 PM
Jeller is on a distinguished road
That is going to add up pretty quickly I would assume. Not sure if I would want the car back either....
Thoughts on trying to add a "diminished value claim" on top of the damage to maybe push it to being totaled?

Old 06-23-2017, 04:03 PM
cairo94507 is a jewel in the roughcairo94507 is a jewel in the roughcairo94507 is a jewel in the rough
If their initial estimate is in the $25K range, once they take it apart it will likely climb to $35K from initially unseen damage.

Old 06-24-2017, 08:17 AM
Petza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond repute
Man that really stinks. Anything related to the pyro system will need to be replaced (deployed air bags, all seatbelts as they have one time use pretensioners in them, the roll bar assembly, etc) and they're thousands of dollars. Also with structural/frame damage, there's a better than average chance when they try to straighten it, the fatigued metal will crack, requiring replacement, which is a big job. Try to have them total it if you can.

Old 06-26-2017, 05:35 PM
Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !
Look into a Diminished Value Claim. Call Richard Hixenbaugh of Collision Claim Associates for a referral in your area. You will get money back from insurance to compensate for the diminished value of your vehicle.
CATTMAN

Old 06-26-2017, 05:51 PM
Nastee_C4S is on a distinguished road
Wow sorry to hear about that, nothing worse than a pride an joy ending up on the receiving end of an accident. Or being the owner of a wrecked Porsche. My thoughts would be have it fixed and keep as a track car or a vehicle that you can abuse now. And if in the market buy you a newer weekend driver. One can never have to many porsches.

Old 06-27-2017, 12:20 AM
Tarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond repute
The car will be totaled in my opinion.

Old 06-27-2017, 11:10 AM
Thanks for all the comments and suggestions. I am calling my agent today and going to push to have them total the car. We will see how they respond but after enough thought I really don't want a wrecked car back. I can guarantee it will never be the same.

Also going to mention the diminished value claim, thanks for the suggestion!

It's been a couple weeks and dang I already miss driving it! Enjoy your rides my friends!

SC

Old 06-27-2017, 01:18 PM
Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Flat VI
Thanks for all the comments and suggestions. I am calling my agent today and going to push to have them total the car. We will see how they respond but after enough thought I really don't want a wrecked car back. I can guarantee it will never be the same.

Also going to mention the diminished value claim, thanks for the suggestion!

It's been a couple weeks and dang I already miss driving it! Enjoy your rides my friends!

SC
I wouldn't want the car back, it will not be the same, imagine trying to sell a Porsche with a salvage title. Just the low ballers reminding you that it's a salvage car and nobody wants it is enough of a headache, not including future problems it might have. Diminished value is nice but it will not be enough.

Old 06-27-2017, 02:29 PM
ExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond repute
is that a police-type front plate on the suv?....

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.