Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

New To Bentley - 2010 Supersports

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-26-2017, 02:53 PM
Nader is on a distinguished road
New To Bentley - 2010 Supersports

Hi folks. Recently traded a 2014 Maseratti GTS for a 2010 Supersports with 3800 miles on it. Cant even explain how excited I am. So happy with the car. its truly an amazing machine. Car has Red interior, NAIM stereo, Mulliner cap and backup camera. Previous owner also wrapped the entire car and installed the front lip which I still can't figure out where is came from but its made well and looks great.

Questions -

My center storage cover between the driver and passenger seat is a bit tough to open. Feels like its getting stuck on something. Anyone else have the issue? Any fixes?

i hunted down a low mileage with NAIM for a while and finally found one. Now that i have it, the NAIM stereo isn't as impressive as i thought it would be. Its really only sounds good with a CD as opposed to Serius. Any ideas? Am I missing something? My Range Rover stereo is light years better. I am still shocked, especially for a $8,000 upgrade.

The transmission in the car is impressive but seems rather clunky at times.This normal?

Last I bought a car charger to plug in the trunk 12v socket but how do you leave the trunk open to run the wire in?

Anyways just some little grips but overall I am overjoyed!

Old 06-26-2017, 07:48 PM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
The reason Sat radio doesnt sound great as compared to CD is due to Sat radio being low quality compressed audio.

Old 06-26-2017, 09:08 PM
Sat radio sounds great in my Range Rover.

Old 06-27-2017, 07:31 AM
PMS
PMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud of
"Last I bought a car charger to plug in the trunk 12v socket but how do you leave the trunk open to run the wire in?"

I just close the trunk over the charger wire. The moulding is soft enough that the wire isn't squeezed. The trunk "soft close" feature ensures you don't press down too hard.

Old 06-27-2017, 08:51 AM
ExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to all
Same here, just close the boot with the wire hanging out.

Les.

Old 06-29-2017, 12:05 PM
Frank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond repute
Same as above just close the boot over the wire.
Very nice purchase BTW .

Old 07-17-2017, 09:35 AM
ek1
ek1 has a spectacular aura aboutek1 has a spectacular aura aboutek1 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Nader
Hi folks. Recently traded a 2014 Maseratti GTS for a 2010 Supersports with 3800 miles on it. Cant even explain how excited I am. So happy with the car. its truly an amazing machine. Car has Red interior, NAIM stereo, Mulliner cap and backup camera. Previous owner also wrapped the entire car and installed the front lip which I still can't figure out where is came from but its made well and looks great.

Questions -

My center storage cover between the driver and passenger seat is a bit tough to open. Feels like its getting stuck on something. Anyone else have the issue? Any fixes?

i hunted down a low mileage with NAIM for a while and finally found one. Now that i have it, the NAIM stereo isn't as impressive as i thought it would be. Its really only sounds good with a CD as opposed to Serius. Any ideas? Am I missing something? My Range Rover stereo is light years better. I am still shocked, especially for a $8,000 upgrade.

The transmission in the car is impressive but seems rather clunky at times.This normal?

Last I bought a car charger to plug in the trunk 12v socket but how do you leave the trunk open to run the wire in?

Anyways just some little grips but overall I am overjoyed!

Congrats on your Supersports. It's an awesome car and will give you many years of enjoyment.

Both transmission gearing and shift logic in the Supersports are very different than the other CGTs. The car will shift more abruptly (especially of downshifts in Sport mode). This will result in occasional clunks and jerks when downshifting. Nothing to worry about and is part of Supersports experience.

NAIM is a waste of money considering 99.99% of music out there is down-sampled and compressed. I don't even think that system can play SACDs.

I spoke to NAIM folks at one of the Bentley press events a few years ago and asked them how their system is different from the base system when it comes to compressed audio. They were stumped.

The only semi-useful feature on cars with NAIM is speed-sensitive volume, which does not even work that well.

Overall, if a car you bought happens to have NAIM, great. But choosing a car based on it having a NAIM system is pointless. My old Supersports did not have it and I did not regret it even once.

Old 07-19-2017, 02:32 PM
Frank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond repute
Have you got some more pictures of the geourous white ss of yours??

Old 07-23-2017, 06:57 AM

Old 07-23-2017, 02:01 PM
sexy sexy beast.............cool down Tiger not you , the car

Old 07-24-2017, 09:17 PM
Thanks. Love the car. So anyone recommend any mods? If you notice the car has some after market chin spoiler on it which I happen to like. For the life of me I can't find anything about it or who sells it. Any ideas?

Old 07-25-2017, 01:00 AM
Originally Posted by Nader
Thanks. Love the car. So anyone recommend any mods? If you notice the car has some after market chin spoiler on it which I happen to like. For the life of me I can't find anything about it or who sells it. Any ideas?
Not a lot you can do to an SS, perhaps a rear wing spoiler like the 2017 ss but thats about it.............there perfect as is

Old 07-25-2017, 01:57 AM
ExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to all
There are a couple of front spoilers here; https://www.gmpperformance.com/index.cfm?PG=byVehicle

I'm not sure if it's the same one as you have though.

Or, this might be it; https://directcartoys.com/2009-2012-...p-spoiler.html

Old 07-25-2017, 04:26 PM
Yup it looks like the one in the second link you provided. Thanks. Its made well and attached to factory points under the car.

Bentley dealership was impressed.

Originally Posted by ExSF
There are a couple of front spoilers here; https://www.gmpperformance.com/index.cfm?PG=byVehicle

I'm not sure if it's the same one as you have though.

Or, this might be it; https://directcartoys.com/2009-2012-...p-spoiler.html

Old 07-25-2017, 04:27 PM
By the way, I have a battery tender but don't want to shut the boot on the wire. Is there a way to stop the trunk from closing completely since its automatic?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.